Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone In Philly?

I'm not gonna lie to you guys I have yet to exersise lol smh it's SO FREAKING HARD to stay motivated when your by yourself most of the time. You would think because I'm not working I'd have all the time in the world (which I kinda do) to join a gym or exersise at home or something but I honestly would just love a actual workout buddy or somebody or anybody whose goin though this with me .. Everyone Needs support and I have friends but there all really skinny and then there just my grandma whose here with me but can't really do much..ugh! so yea :/ but anyway thanks for reading my post!!!! I hope I can find a new workout buddy here in Philly or just a new friend I can vent to from time to time!

Hello. I'm not in Philly but I'm having the same issue. I made my kids to the in home walking with me tonight but I know I have to get my butt in gear!! I'll be glad to be your exercise buddy to virtually support you and motivate each other.

I love the walk at home tapes you can do it at your time and not leave home

I'm not gonna lie to you guys I have yet to exersise lol smh it's SO FREAKING HARD to stay motivated when your by yourself most of the time. You would think because I'm not working I'd have all the time in the world (which I kinda do) to join a gym or exersise at home or something but I honestly would just love a actual workout buddy or somebody or anybody whose goin though this with me .. Everyone Needs support and I have friends but there all really skinny and then there just my grandma whose here with me but can't really do much..ugh! so yea :/ but anyway thanks for reading my post!!!! I hope I can find a new workout buddy here in Philly or just a new friend I can vent to from time to time!

I am from Philly ... I'm waiting to have my surgery with no support from my husband! It's tough I tell,u

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Aww well I'm always here I'm in West Philly ...I've already had my Surg on 8/15/12 and we can always support each other if u want

Yes I would love that.. I live in northeast Philly . Small world right.... I could use the support and I'm sure u can too... How are u doing? Where did u have it done?

Maria

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Pink...I had my surgery just after you on 8/28/12. I work and stay in Philly every other week and would love a work out buddy when I'm there !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches