Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous But Ready

Hi I am New to the site . Just looking for support. My surgery will be scheduled for august.

Spiritually Guided

My surgery will be in September! I am nervous too, but also really excited.

What are you most nervous about? For me I am most nervous about the pain post-op.

I had surgery last Thursday . I was in Walmart today walking just fine ! The gas pain is what really hurts the most ! I had virtually no pain from the surgery ! Just the horrid gas ( still have it) !

Congrats ! You soon will be on the losers bench ! You are almost there !!

My surgery will be in September! I am nervous too' date=' but also really excited.

What are you most nervous about? For me I am most nervous about the pain post-op.[/quote']

I am very nervous about the pain because I not sure if it will be done Lap or open. I am told the recovery is longer for the open procedure. I still learning how to use this app

Spiritually Guided

I, too am new this site. I'm getting scared about the pain. Mine is scheduled for August 14th. I am a wuss when it comes to pain!

I never had any pain medicine at all. Honestly had no pain. I had some soreness when getting up but that went away in a few days. I know everyone is different but don't stress over the pain....even if you have any it will be over quick! Best of luck!

I, too am new this site. I'm getting scared about the pain. Mine is scheduled for August 14th. I am a wuss when it comes to pain!

Hi, You appear to be as nervous as I am. I would like to add you as a friend. I donot have my exact date yet but I have class this afternoon and my last class is Aug 1st. I preparing my family at this stage for what to come. :rolleyes:

Hi' date=' You appear to be as nervous as I am. I would like to add you as a friend. I donot have my exact date yet but I have class this afternoon and my last class is Aug 1st. I preparing my family at this stage for what to come. :rolleyes:[/quote']

For sure. I've told my family and friends. My anxiety was on high, but I got through that. The roughest part is that I'm paying for it. My insurance has some stupid clause that I don't qualify. But I need this. I'm tired of being inactive due to my weight. I want my life back!

For sure. I've told my family and friends. My anxiety was on high, but I got through that. The roughest part is that I'm paying for it. My insurance has some stupid clause that I don't qualify. But I need this. I'm tired of being inactive due to my weight. I want my life back!

:blink: wow, that has to be very hard . I cannot imagine how much that will set you back. I still paying bills from preop stuff

:blink: wow' date=' that has to be very hard . I cannot imagine how much that will set you back. I still paying bills from preop stuff[/quote']

Thank God for low interest loans. I guess I'll be more motivated to get and keep the weight off since I'm paying for it.

Thank God for low interest loans. I guess I'll be more motivated to get and keep the weight off since I'm paying for it.

I'm in the same way 25+k but only doing a lone for 10k but feel the same way it's got to be done :) Ty I have a good job :)

I had to do self pay also...... It's worth every penny!!

I'm in the same way 25+k but only doing a lone for 10k but feel the same way it's got to be done :) Ty I have a good job :)

I'm a teacher, but my hubby has a good job. I told him it was my anniversary gift since the day of the operation is our 13th anniversary. It's costing $19,500.

I had to do self pay also...... It's worth every penny!!

That's what I think as well I will be setting money aside for skin removal the day my RNY is done lmao ;) one really good thing about self pay a lot less hoops to jump ;) and noone to tell me no! Lol