Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less Than 24 Hours Till Surgery

Woke up this morning with instant anxiety when I realized this was my last day before surgery. I wish I could say it was my last day of freedom because I'm starving! But then I thought to my self, no... Tomorrow is my first day of freedom from being obese.

It's amazing, just the little bit of weight I've lost on the preop diet how much better I feel. I'm not sure how much I've lost because I don't have a scale at home but I'm sure it's at least 10 pounds.

I have a question for everyone that has had surgery already...my surgeon said not to be surprised if I wake from surgery in intensive care, that they do that sometimes just to have someone keeping an eye on you at all times. Did anyone else have that experience?

Hey Jen!

Best of luck in the next 24hrs, and it certainly will be the beginning of your new life. I haven't had my RNY yet, but had Lapband nearly 4yrs ago. In Australia with the WLS procedures, they take you to a "recovery ward" where you are constantly monitored until they are sure you are fine to return to a normal ward. When I had my Lapband I was only in there 20mins, but when my gallbladder come out it was over 2hrs.

Look forward to hearing about your journey! Jac88 :)

Congrats. I have mine May 2. Keep us updated.

Good luck on your new journey. I had my surgery on April 23rd. I didn't go to intensive care. I think every situation is different.

Thanks all. I'll be sure to check in as soon as I'm able to.

Newbie here! Just turned in papers for gastric bypass surgery. Scared about the " unknown" yet anxious to get going on it! I will keep reading here to see how everybody does...so anything you can tell me would be great! Like from a few days before surgery..to surgery and after surgery and first day home etc etc...look forward to talking with you all (hey..how do I get my pic on here?)

Woke up this morning with instant anxiety when I realized this was my last day before surgery. I wish I could say it was my last day of freedom because I'm starving! But then I thought to my self' date=' no... Tomorrow is my first day of freedom from being obese.

It's amazing, just the little bit of weight I've lost on the preop diet how much better I feel. I'm not sure how much I've lost because I don't have a scale at home but I'm sure it's at least 10 pounds.

I have a question for everyone that has had surgery already...my surgeon said not to be surprised if I wake from surgery in intensive care, that they do that sometimes just to have someone keeping an eye on you at all times. Did anyone else have that experience?[/quote']

Good luck

Good Luck and I'll pray for you. My surgery is May 1st. I'm in the last minute " panic mode" as well. I thought about having just one french fry tonight and then thought, " it's just not worth it" so I sucked down my Protein Shake and thank God that this is going to work!

Good luck!! Sending prayers your way for a perfect surgery and a speedy recovery!

Good luck. God bless you.

Sent from my ANDROID using RNYTalk

Extra prayers out for a successful surgery Tuesday! Glad u didn't hv the French fry...GOOD CONTROL!! Pray for the surgeon too! Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Beth...praying for your surgery also! Wow lots of surgeries coming up...if I don't catch them all sorry! As I read these I pray!!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

My surgery went well. I had a rough night afterwards but the finally changed my pain meds and I'm up walking and finally started Clear Liquids. The had my NPO for 24 hours after su

After surgery. Talk about torture! My mouth was so dry. I hope everyone else's surgery went well to :-) best

The worst is behind you Jen! I don't think I have ever in my life been as dehydrated as I was after my RNY. It's all downhill from here. Congratulations!!