Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what is an average day of meals like.

I would love to know from some of you who have been really successful what you eat on an average day. Do you try to stick to a routine or do you mix it up? I think I would get really bored with a routine. I am wondering though what has worked best for you

This is my daily routine starting at 5:00 am

Water 24oz & coffee

then

8:00 am Breakfast: 2 scrmabled eggs & 2 pieces of sausage or 2 slices of bacon

then

Water 24oz

1:00pm Lunch: scoop of tuna with rye krisp crackers or triscuits with sliced cheese & a cottage cheese doubles

then water 24oz

snack: balance gold bar (sometimes)

then water 24oz

6:00pm Dinner: whatever I make for the family except Pasta or rice

water 24oz

I drink water 1 hour after meals but do drink right up until meal time

That sounds like a lot of food.

Two eggs and two sausages sounds like a lot of food for a meal? I think that sounds like less than what a "normal" person would eat - no toast, no potatos. Same for the rest of Michelle's menu for the day.

To me the band is about eating NORMAL portions - NOT eating nothing!! You do NOT need to be restricted to 2-3 bites per meal. This journey does NOT need to be drastic to work.

I bet if you added up the calories from her meal they'd be around 1200-1500, which seems to be the generally recommended goal, depending on your current basal metabolism.

I guess you are right. That is not like a full Breakfast if you go to like an Ihop. I have just never been a breakfast eater. Probably one of the reason's I am so hungry by lunch. I am going to have to work hard at breaking that habit.

I've never been a breakfast eater, either. But that's probably why I "pigged out" come lunchtime. I usually have a Protein Shake for breakfast. To fat-free milk, add scoop of unflavored Protein Powder, 1 sliced banana, frozen strawberries (or whatever fruit's in the freezer). Blend well. Blend in a few ice cubes to make it thicker, like a smoothie. You're getting your Protein, Calcium, and Fiber (from fruits).

Cateringqueen, you will find that people at different stages of their banded life have very different answers to this question. At almost a year out here's my daily intake:

Breakfast is an Atkins Protein bar, usually between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m.

lunch is the insides of a deli sandwich. When I was first banded I used to eat the entire sandwich minus the bread. Plus the olives, pickles, or carrots that came with it. NOW all I need to eat is the meat and cheese from one-half of the sandwich, and I'm done.

dinner is usually a piece of meat of some kind, and a couple of bites of whatever side is on the menu. And many evenings I'll end the day with some ice cream.

That's my weekday routine. Today was Sunday, and I had the Protein Bar for breakfast, and about two slices of chicken breast (maybe 2 ozs?) later on. For lunch I had the last piece of my daughters' PB&J sandwich, the corner she didn't eat. Then for dinner I had a hamburger patty with a slice of cheese. My family eats out all the time, and at restaurants I'll order an appetizer for dinner or just pick from the others' plates (depends on where we eat). I do get salads at fast food places, but can never finish them.

I drink Water all day long, remembering to not drink right after a meal. I know I don't get enough produce, and I'm working on that. But the miracle and blessing is how little food it takes to make me satisfied! I'm loving it (as they say). :)

Wow. I can't wait to get to that stage. this is day three of liquids post surgery, and day 9 of liquids total. I have been on liquids 1 week before having the surgery and am suppose to stay on liquids for 10 more days, I don't know if I can stand it. I can't wait for soft foods.

Yes I have had a fill of 1.1cc's and am losing 1- 2 pounds a week and I couldnt be happier with my weight loss to date. 10 lbs a month is pretty great I think with minimal effort. I do track my calories and it is anywhere between 1200-1500 per day. I was just on vacation in Las Vegas for 5 days and I ate 3 meals a day at the buffets and even then I came home and had lost 2 pounds!

I told my hubby I was afraid to get on the scale and he assured me I did not gain weight. He told me " I watched you eat at those buffets and trust me you did not go overboard. He was right I guess. Not to mention I walked my ass off in Vegas with my kids.

I eat strictly Protein for breakfast this way I'm not famished by lunch time and for the rest of the day. Any time I start my day with carbs..forget about it. I'm hungry all day long. To me breakfasat is the most importan meal...or I struggle all day long.

Trust me 2 scrambled eggs and 2 sausage links sounds like alot but when it is on your plate it is not. Pre band I would eat this plus 2 more pieces of bacon or sausage and the hash browns and the toast. I own a restaraunt so I eat 2 of my 3 meals a day at work. We all have our different routines, my routine is working for me..right now my hubby is BBQing teriyaki chicken BBQed corn on the cob and I made some baked Beans. I will eat 1 chicken leg, i/2 piece of corn and a spoonful of baked beans....that is less then half of what a normal person would eat. Today for lunch I has 1 /2 chicken bresat/ 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cooked spinach with salt pepper and butter at 12:00 and at 7:00 am this morning I ate 2 scrambled eggs with homemade spanish sauce and 2 pieces of bacon. dinner will be at 6:00pm

90 pounds is my goal and in 4 months I'm down 39.5..I'm almost 1/2 way there.

You will find the foods and ammount that work for you just as we all have...Good Luck to you :)

That's right that everyone has their own foods that works well and some don't. I'm into to slim jim's/beef Jerky, peanuts, cheese, subway wraps, small nacho supreme taco bell. And then I eats smaller portions of really whatever is decently healthy and will go down well.

I own a catering business so I am so happy to hear about your success even though you are like me around food all the time. I am also the chef so there is just no getting away from food. Sounds like you have the same sort of lifestyle. I will also be going on a cruise on9/5 and was a little scared of facing all those buffets,I don't know if my Doc. will fill me before I go, what do you think? Should I ask him for the fill it will be 4 weeks after my surgery.

I sure hope and pray I do as well as you have, I need to lose about 75 lbs. I started this process at220 and I am down 5lbs so far with all the liquids. so I would like to be at 145 by next year. Thanks for all the info at this liquid stage reading all this is so helpful

I would ask your doctor about the fill at 4 weeks. If you tell him you are going on a cruise and are concerned about eating too much ten maybe he will. My doctor says no fill until atleast 6 weeks out but he will make acceptions if you are starving and have had no weight loss since surgery. I had my first fill at 9 weeks post op.. Hey it wont hurt to ask, the worst he can do is say no right? But also see how you do once you get to solid foods, you may not need it. Right now is hard to say since you are only on liquids. I had alot of restriction just with the band placement this is why I waited 9 weeks post op for a fill and at that time I had lost 25 pounds so since June 7th I have lost 15 pounds (average 2 pounds a week since fill)

Since you are around food all the time too like me..you understand the temptation. I keep a large glass of ice cold Water near by at all times. I make good choices and I do not pick at food. I eat when it is meal time and that is it! Sometimes I have an occassional afternoon or late evening Protein Bar maybe once a week.

You will do great, you will have the 75 pounds gone in less then a year as long as you are living the bandster way of life and following the rules.

I would really think about getting a fill. If you're doing well, I'd wait until after your cruise. Sometimes a fill takes a few days (or weeks) to kick in. You'd want to know what to expect. It would be pretty bad to be too tight and miserable on a wonderful trip.

when I was four weeks out, I was just getting familiar with the way solid food felt and went down. The mental image of my recent stomach surgery was PLENTY to keep me from bingeing, as long as I was careful to keep from getting too hungry.

My opinion is that 4 weeks is too early for a fill, cruise or not. Give yourself some time to get used to the idea and the physical reality that there is a barrier inside you keeping you from overindulging. You will not be able to eat as much as you could pre-surgery, even if you don't have a fill. You may THINK you can, but when you really analyze the amounts you will see that you are satisfied on much less food. Let yourself get used to THAT idea, because it can be hard all by itself!

So take your cruise, enjoy yourself, and RELAX! A cruise would be a TERRIBLE place to have problems. Even minor issues could ruin the cruise for you, and at worst you could find yourself having medical trouble in a place where no one can be found to help you.

It's lunch tme on Monday here in sunny sorry rainy Scotland !

Here's what i've had/having today !

Breakfast

Oatso simple (kind of porridge?) with semi skimmed milk - 190 cals

lunch

2 seeded brown bread with 3 slice of cold meat - low fat spread & mayo - 220 cals (ish)

1 babybell (cheese) - 90 cals

snack will be at about 5ish... I will have my small carton of raisins (match box size) 50 cals..

T tonight after the gym (about 6:45ish) will be 2 chicken thighs with microwave veg

has 1/2 litre of Water only today - will have at least another 1/2 litre this afternoon then "push fluids" tonight !

Hope this helps a little

Aud x