Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im seriously getting tired of people askin me y I am doing this and trying to convince me im doin a mistake! I am a few days away from doing the surgery, and the more they ask the more upsetting it is! "Youre not even big! Youre controlling what you eat now, why cant you just continue doing it? You dont need that, just exercise and eat less!" Seriously....jus stf up already, its not like they r the ones getting the blade and staples! Urgggg....im so done! The only mistake I did was tell them I was doing it! So word of advice....tell the least people possible! People r so quick to judge n comment....its ridiculous!

In another note....I am at Chuck E cheese wit my kids, (wanted to do something fun wit them before I have surgery) n I have to say, as I sit here wit a large chicken and brocolli pizza and buffalo chicken wings and cheesy breadsticks; that is smellin soooooo friggin good and looks soooooo delish.....I am chewin away at my banana and sipping away at my oh so good ice water....go me! I am so proud of myself....even my tummy is cheerin away and makin noise for my accomplishment!!!

Ignore the naysayers. Become single minded and zone them out. As for the pizza in front of you? The night before my surgery, I had pizza, chicken tenders and washed it all down with a coke! But then in saying that, my surgery wasn't till the following evening... If you can hold off, you need a medal! Seriously!

Best of luck with your surgery. Youll do just fine x

Im seriously getting tired of people askin me y I am doing this and trying to convince me im doin a mistake! I am a few days away from doing the surgery, and the more they ask the more upsetting it is! "Youre not even big! Youre controlling what you eat now, why cant you just continue doing it? You dont need that, just exercise and eat less!" Seriously....jus stf up already, its not like they r the ones getting the blade and staples! Urgggg....im so done! The only mistake I did was tell them I was doing it! So word of advice....tell the least people possible! People r so quick to judge n comment....its ridiculous!

In another note....I am at Chuck E cheese wit my kids, (wanted to do something fun wit them before I have surgery) n I have to say, as I sit here wit a large chicken and brocolli pizza and buffalo chicken wings and cheesy breadsticks; that is smellin soooooo friggin good and looks soooooo delish.....I am chewin away at my banana and sipping away at my oh so good ice water....go me! I am so proud of myself....even my tummy is cheerin away and makin noise for my accomplishment!!!

That's the main reason I didn't tell too many folks. I told only a total of 5 people. My very supportive husband, 3 very very close supportive friends & only because I thought I had too, I told my HR rep. Had I known my doc would have only listed "abdominal surgery" on the paperwork for FMLA & disability, I wouldn't have told HR.

I knew folks would try & talk me out of it saying the same things. I don't think I could've handled the stress of those judgmental folks & the anxiety of undergoing a major surgery.

With that said, I ditto you, tell the least amount of folks possible.

On the other not, great control. Knowing you can refrain from all of that good food now, you'll do well after you are sleeved.

Best of luck you!!!

Best of luck TO you!!!!

I have my last appointment on November 26th and I was required by the surgeon to lose 20lbs (they make everyone lose 10-20 lbs) and at the vary start my aunt was like well when you lose that weight why cant you just keep going. I'm 1 pound away from goal and in order to get here I have had to have 2 shakes a day and a meal for dinner and a few days of all liquids. I can't just keep drinking shakes for a year to lose my 120 pounds maybe 2 years. and ill just gain some if not all back once I stop...she just doesn't get it even though she is morbidly obese her self. I ignore it all because I'm doing it for me and my mind is set on doing this.

Im 5 weeks and just had a half slice pizza. You will eat the good stuff just a little of it. Since surgery 5 weeks i have not been hungry or craved anything. Dunno why but it changed me. Feel great down 35 lbs. hardly eat at all.

I'm with u. Thankfully my hubby & family are on board. The real kicker was when we saw my mfp only gave me 1250 cal/day. Once I started feeding my family on that many calories a day they understood how miserable life is on a full sized stomach going from "american" sized portions to "diet" sized isnt livable long term.

My surgery is 10-3 & i'd hurt someone for a side of fries but, I'm holding strong.

allons-y

I've had a few people try to talk me out of it with the same line "way can't you just do it alone" they don't seems to understand that for many of us food is an addiction. I personally sit at my desk at work each day counting down the minutes until lunch time because I'm starving yet I ate Breakfast 2-3 hours ago. We know it's not going to solve all out food issues but it most certainly well give us a tremendous head start in the right direction. Ignore them all. I'm a few days away from surgery as well. Good luck! Just like about all he exciting things you'll be able to do afterward.

I've tested it out telling a few people. One, a friend who loves medical stuff - you know the type that watches surgeries on TV and thinks they're cool. lol And the other is a friend who is about my size and got suspicious because i was giving her all of my summer clothes because I know I'm not going to fit into them next summer. :) (So excited to say that!). I knew she would understand why I'm doing this. I told HR at work. Didn't realize I could just say "abdominal surgery"...I may have done that.

Rebeca - fellow Doctor Who fan!! :)

You will do great, you are on the right path just keep that mindset and you will reach your goal in no time. As far as everyone else you said it best its your body not theirs. No one fights the struggles and goes through the lives we do a daily bases. It's all about being healthy and your doing the right choice for you.

It is part of our pre-op training not to people get us down. I told people very slowly..one at a time. I work in a small office and did not want them to worry knowing that I had had "surgery"...and then lost alot of weight. It seemed kinder to be honest. I have gotten all of the support I could have hoped for! There are those that I will not tell, and I am good with that :)

Tell them your doing it so you will live long enough to drive their fat ass to chemo in a few years!

My grandma used to say, "Don't let the a**holes get you down." It was funny coming from an old lady. I didn't realize how true it was until I got older and have been more exposed to them!

Congrats on your decision and keep up the good work.

Best of luck to you!

I know how u feel. Im 6 months away from my date march 4th but. The people that do know ,some are tryn to talk me out of it. I want few ppl 2 know but ill just say a step family member of mine like 2 open their mouth n talk about my choices behind my back which is 2 faced because this person was first on my side but because she can't get the surgery done her self she feels the need 2 push me down. But no matter what anyone says I'm making this choice for my self because health n my body are against me. I try n make the best food choices, I log what I eat and how much and also log my work outs(dont have a gym so I walk to random places). I lost 5lb on one month. Surgeon wants me to lose 10 to 15 pounds n keep it off.. Till my date comes im ignoring the things I dont want to hear. Positive people only