Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

Mmmm homemade poundcake. Haven't had that in years. Please post your recipe...

It's not my recipe, it's from a well-known low-carb site here:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/pound_cake.html

But due to my restriction I cut the slices pretty thin, so the recipe says there are 8 slices but I got 14.

I use almond flour (just ground up almonds) a LOT and don't have regular flour, but boy almond flour makes a nice pound cake. And chocolate chip Cookies (yeah I did eat 18 little chocolate chip Cookies on Wednesday, I did do that and still lost two more pounds).

And I'm not lying about the 'just what the doctor ordered' bit either. Contacted my bariatric nurse and her words? 'The week you've had - have at it honey. Just don't drink too much, because it'll hit you hard.' I think I love my nurse...

I think I love your nurse too! I don't see mine offering that advice! Hope your weekend is better than your week.:)

I just had a mojito, 3 tiny shrimp, and a Trader Joe's meringue.

So here's to *you* Madam!

:-)

Two vodka's and 10 hours sleep. Marvelous! Ready to take on the world! :)

Well isn't that peachy! I'm quite jealous! Maybe I should indulge, I could sure use 10 hours sleep!!! Sooo happy to see you're feeling better :) Now...GO GETTUM

Thank you, dear. I have no intention of going to get them, despite having lots of sleep. Today, I shall be largely sat on my behind watching tv and chilling the hell out. Love the weekends! :)

Mmmm' date=' alcohol...... now going to start thinking about what I could drink, not having had alcohol in months... What can I drink without carbonation? Vodka martini? Piña colada? Lol.[/quote']

My new drink is vodka, diet Cranberry and mango Passionfruit Crystal light. It's awesome and not much sugar!

Thank you' date=' dear. I have no intention of going to get them, despite having lots of sleep. Today, I shall be largely sat on my behind watching tv and chilling the hell out. Love the weekends! :)[/quote']

Hey that sounds like a good plan too:)

Okay' date=' sorry don't believe that crap. I've lost 103 pounds. 3 plus years out. Drink about 150 ozs or so a day and it's ALL THROUGH A STRAW! I have great restriction and no reflux!!! :)[/quote']second the straw. I didn't use one early out but at 2.5 years out,I love a straw.

Lynda

I made a pot roast and homemade mashed potatoes for the family night before last. I can tolerate beef very well but that chuck roast immediately evacuated back through the way it came. I figured it was just a bad night as I have those from time to time' date=' but I tasted it the next day and BOOOOOOM, out it came. The mashed taters were the same. They made me feel as if I had swallowed a rock. SOB!!!! I am in serious denial right now.[/quote'] you are still kinda early out. I couldn't eat potatoes for more than a year.

Lynda

cheese on toast... OMG.... I may have to try that....

cheese on toast... OMG.... I may have to try that....

There is NO way imma try toast this soon!

I had a slice of toast last night, admittedly, with a cup of tea. It took me two goes, but it went down and I felt fine. Small bites i think are key..

I had a slice of toast last night, admittedly, with a cup of tea. It took me two goes, but it went down and I felt fine. Small bites i think are key..

Well that's awesome! Idk...I had a carb balance tortilla about a week and a half ago and suffered so bad I have NO desire for bread yet...that is until I decide to make some homemade sweet rolls!