Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This PH test Sucks!

I had the pleasure (ha ha) today to get a PH test and mammogapghy(spelled wrong) done for the G.I. doc today. First I learned that a tube was going to be inserted down my throat and left there and I had this box I wear with it for 24hrs and get it removed tomorrow. This comes problem number 1. They scheduled me for an EGD tomorrow at the same time I'm suppose to get this removed....and its at two different hospitals at different times. So they called my doc and canceled my EGD. Then we get in the room, do the test, strap me up...and the man looks at the computer and it says in his notes that I should have a Mammo too!

I am hot right now. He goes out and tries to get it done for tomorrow,That fell through, so I told them to take this thing out my nose, run the other test and put it back (they already messed up and I have to remake one appt. I'm not about to let it be two). So that's what they did.

It drove me crazy! To say the least, had a newbie sticking these tubes down my throat not knowing where da hell she's going). Anyway it gets done, they put other one in and send me home. This thing is soooooooo uncomfortable. I don't see how I'm going to do this for 24hrs. I took a nap and now I can feel my throat swell up from all stuff they did.

I know it'll be worth it in the end nut right now I sure am feeling some kind of way.

P.S. I sat at the computer and almost dropped the box on the floor which surely would have ripped this tube right out of my throat. Now, how was your day? Ha ha

post-66177-13813670220986_thumb.png

[ATTACH]18724[/ATTACH]

Oh my! My day suddenly feels so much better now :)

You are the first person I have read about on here who has had to do this. What exactly are they checking for and why?

I hope you make it through the next 24 hours.

Bonnie

Oh my! My day suddenly feels so much better now :) You are the first person I have read about on here who has had to do this. What exactly are they checking for and why? I hope you make it through the next 24 hours. Bonnie

I'm curious too

This sounds horrible! Why are they doing this test? I had a manometry study done to test the pressure in my esophagus and that was bad enough. I can't imagine having to have that tube down my nose and throat for more than the 15 minutes it was down there. Have you had a bad history of GERD? My son had this done following an endoscopy when he was nearly 4 in order to determine the cause of his severe GERD.

Hi I had my psychological eval today as well as mammogram . I hope they remove your tube soon, hang in there .

This is to test the PH balance throughout the day. Whether I've ate or not, to see how it changes and does it affect the throat.

They told me I have reflux, which I have no symptoms at all for so my GI ordered this along with the Mammo and EGD.

I had to drive to the office to get my appt. since they were taking my time calling me back. I have no time to be waiting on them. I'm in the home stretch with my last PCP appt. Oct. 8th and my nutritiounist appt. Oct. 9th then I should be getting my Dummy Date and my insurance papers will be filed.

I will say, eating is a trip! Once you swallow the tube moves and be wanking on your nose. I have to hold it to swallow. Anyway it'll be over soon. That's the way I have to look at it or I'm likely to pull it out myself....which wouldn't do me any good cause then they will make this test a requirement and I'll have to do it all again.

Come on 10:50am lol

Wow, you're definitely a stronger person than I am! Twice? They fed that through your nose twice? I think I would've had a panic attack. I hope you're able to get some rest hun. Hopefully it'll be over before you know it.

Wow' date=' you're definitely a stronger person than I am! Twice? They fed that through your nose twice? I think I would've had a panic attack. I hope you're able to get some rest hun. Hopefully it'll be over before you know it.[/quote']

I was so upset that that messed up not one appt. but two that I just want it over with. I'm too close now for this bull to be happening.

Good this now is that its OVER!!!

You don't know how good it felt to have that thing pulled out. I almost felt like pulling it out myself. I feel so bead for people in the hospital with feeding tubes now. I can now say...I understand