Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having surgery in 3 days and wanted some advice/input on what I should pack for my stay at the hospital? Thank you.

Your pillow soft blanket toothbrush

Toothbrush and toothpaste (the hospital didn't give me any even though I was there for more than 24 hours) , Chapstick, and flip flops or shoes that are easy to slide on to walk through the hospital. I packed a bunch a stuff, but didn't use much other than those. Good luck!

haha i packed a lose set of pajamas for going home in, my kindle and my cell phone and charger. i used none of it, as i was sleeping most of the time.

Hospitals provide pillows and blankets -- I would only take them if you absolutely can't sleep without your own. Have whoever is coming to pick you up bring a pillow for you to use on the ride home.

I brought my phone and charger, lip balm, couple extra pairs undies, very basic toiletries (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb), no-skid socks for walking the halls, and my Kindle. As it turns out I didn't need the socks (hospital provides them), and I only used my Kindle because my surgeon was running late so I had 90 minutes to kill in pre-op.

There are some threads here that have suggestions for what to bring -- IMO 90% of what they suggest is not needed for the vast majority of folks. It's a night or two in the hospital, and you are going to have recovery, walking, and sipping to do. I've seen people say to bring things like your journal, your favorite stuffed animals, a lap desk, your flat Iron and makeup mirror, etc. etc. etc. For me that's stuff you might take on a cruise of several weeks, not for a few nights in the hospital . . . my advice is to pack as lightly as you can.

Oh, and I made sure the clothes I wore to the hospital would be fine for leaving -- that was a loose, empire waist dress, flat shoes, and a comfy cotton bra that fastens in front, no underwire.

Chapstick, loose pjs or a nightgown, slippers for your walks, Shampoo and conditioner because they always have the all in 1 and a pillow.....that's probably all you need

Thanks all!! Really appreciate it and yes, was packing way too much.

Hospitals provide pillows and blankets -- I would only take them if you absolutely can't sleep without your own. Have whoever is coming to pick you up bring a pillow for you to use on the ride home

I was glad I brought my comfy pillow. The ones in the hospital sucked a**. It was also good for the ride home. Chapstick, deodorant, toothbrush/paste, sports bra, underwear, and feminine products (even if it isn't your time). Mine came early while in the hospital

Here's my list

Phone charger/phone

Lip balm

Toothbrush/toothpaste

Slippers

Earphones

Sports bra

Underwear

Contacts/solution/case

Medications, incl clonopin

Heating pad

Small pillow

Bed pillow w color case

Gas x strips

Bath stuff-shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, puffer-buy travel size

Extension cord

Cash

Robe

Deodorant

Olay wipes

Cpap mask

Hairbrush/blowdryer

Kinda long but I'm one who likes to be overly prepared. Hope this helps!

When I had my spinal reconstruction in February, I packed a heavy gym bag with puzzle books, a reading book, a CD Player, all kinds of crap to entertain my self with, and all I did was sleep! I did not even watch TV much. I think all I will take for my November Sleeve is my Beri Buddy that I bought on-line, my housecoat to use as a light robe, and the usual toiletries. I learned on this site to take lip balm for dry lips, and gas-x strips for built-up gas from the surgery. Not much else. This time I will wear on the way in, some lounging pajamas and slip on shoes with tread, and a notebook and pen........not much else as my packet says that most of my doctor's patients are out in 2-3 days max.

Did anyone who's on a CPAP machine have to take it with you on the day of your surgery? Someone has mentioned it in nutrition class. I get my final medical clearance on Oct. 18 ! So anxious!

Did anyone who's on a CPAP machine have to take it with you on the day of your surgery? Someone has mentioned it in nutrition class. I get my final medical clearance on Oct. 18 ! So anxious!

My surgeon required me to have mine with me or they would cancel my surgery.

Those little Colgate wisp toothbrushes, and the one item I had to have, my cell phone charger & extension cord so I could reach it while on the charger. I have kids, so it was important to be able to get to my phone when it chirped or rang. My flip flop style house shoes I used when I walked (a LOT!).

I took my laptop & did not use it, when I felt the urge to play on the Internet, I used my smartphone.