Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Final question

What problem do you have now after being sleeved, that you didn't have before please? Just say you was obese and that's it before sleeved. Now what changes in the body do you uave besides weight loss.

The only 'problem' that I have is that I have heartburn every day and have to take a PPI every morning and depending on what I eat I might have to take an antacid later on but other than that one thing, no problems.

I'm getting some loose skin that I didn't have before weight loss. Also I don't really consider it a problem but my stomach does tend to rumble and grumble a lot when I am eating and for about an hour after. It's getting quieter and quieter as time passes sinces surgery though. And it's just making some noise, not causing me any pain or even discomfort.

These are the only things that come close to problems. Physically I feel terrific and everything is in good working order :)

What problem do you have now after being sleeved' date=' that you didn't have before please? Just say you was obese and that's it before sleeved. Now what changes in the body do you uave besides weight loss.[/quote']

My shrinking body is forcing me to get rid of all my clothes, and buy new. I am even now on the second round of getting rid of clothes -- the smaller clothes I bought to get me through the summer are now too big.

Oh wait! You asked about problems. Guess that's not really a problem, huh?

I went through things I am not sure I would have went through if the circumsances were different. My Mom passed away a week after my surgery, so I went (I am going through) some very interesting emotions and physical issues. Not even mood swings, almost a dicotomy of events, but like I said I got hit with a tremendously unexpected event.

Generally, emotionally I would feel very disconnected sometimes, so I had to keep focused on where I was nutritionally - eating (not wanting bad food just eating), staying hydrated. Exercize came too easy, I would do anything to get out of my head(heart), I would go till I burned out, or pulled something or even ran on a broken foot. I had to be careful with feeling the burn, it replaced something. Hard to explain. I can say since I have the way I treated exercise, I really understand how maybe someone could escape into drugs if there was already an inclination to do so. I am not sure if that was WLS, grief or both. Grief is a very Fluid, dynamic thing and I think we experience it with the surgery too. Therefore it becomes easier to show correlation than isolate causation.

A little less intense, the skin kinda creeps up on you (pun intended).

I had friends that kept an eye on me that first year quite a bit, because of my Mom, I think. As that passes and I slip into a more normal routine and my tragedy is replaced with friends going through more recent events (I don't mean that badly, life moves on, thankfully), I have noticed I am being left by some friends. Not even in a bad way, I just do not fall within what we were as a group and for some friendships common ground within a group defined that. I have maintained relationships with some, and I am not treated badly, just not included. I have dealt with friends that I have hurt by doing nothing at all. I could have lived in the most expensive home, drove the craziest cars, and lived at the mall and they would have not cared, but I did what they had not or could not do and I lost the weight and as it becomes apparent that I stand a good chance of keeping it off - it has just done something.

My tummy, George I call it, seems at 20 months to be doing ok. I no longer allow any of the negative foods into my routine. I may indulge, so to speak, but it is not refined sugars, or sodas, or grains. It might be reaching for the nuts a few too many times in a day, or too much almond butter (but OMG ALMOND BUTTER).

Mentally I am dealing with the fact that I may be at my endgame, as far as body weight. I seem to be where my body wants me, in as far as this is as much as I can loose on the calories I take in, to be able to build the muscle I want and have the enregy to do what I do.

Not sure if that was what you were asking...