Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About 18mos out - HUNGRY and STALLED

As Lynda stated, a tbsp of Omega 3 fish oil in the morning might help you with cravings, metabolism, brain activity and inflammation.

Thanks Lynda and Fiddleman for your valuable input. I look to bulk cook for the week as I work crazy hours, so that's a plus. My steel oaty things have been dispatched so I should have them sooner or later. Re: the fat in the morning.. Would coconut oil in the porridge have the same benefit? Many thanks.

Thanks Lynda and Fiddleman for your valuable input. I look to bulk cook for the week as I work crazy hours' date=' so that's a plus. My steel oaty things have been dispatched so I should have them sooner or later. Re: the fat in the morning.. Would coconut oil in the porridge have the same benefit? Many thanks.[/quote']

I'd try it and see if it helps curb cravings later in the day. Coconut is on the heathy fats list so it's a good choice.

Perhaps a planned after work out Protein drink would hold off the hunger until dinner

Regarding snack foods, manufacturers spend tons of money to create foods with just the right combo of salt, fat,

and sugar to keep you coming back for more

And it works

I saw a wonderful meme today that said, "Don't eat any food that has a TV commercial made for it". Makes sense, right?

OP, how are you doing?

Two points:

1. I have found a solid diet of Protein and veggies eliminates carb cravings. It is the little bit of sugar in energy squares or Protein Bars that sets me off to desire more. For this reason, I have cut way back on Protein Bar consumption and usually only have 2 energy squares when waking and before working out. I am not going to eat a Protein for the hell of it. there needs to be a very good reason. Typically, the sugar amount is small (2-3 g), but enough to spark the desire for more. Low glycemic carbs do not trigger This desire. I do not eat dairy, breads and only the occasional fruit (blueberry). No sweets also. I am very particular about when I eat complex carbs per point 2.

2. The best complex carb i have found that is low on the glycemic index has been cooked steel cut oats. My wife helps me out by making a big batch about once a week. We put about 1/2 cup in each Baggie. I have 1 serving every morning when I get up mixed with about 40 G Protein powder. Yummy! I also have 1 serving about 1.5 hours before daily cross fit mixed with 25 g of Protein Powder. It is perfect for gassing up the tank before working out and also before taking on the work day. Highly recommended.

Good point about those energy or Protein Bars. I remember about a year ago I tried them and it just made my cravings worse as well. I could eat 3-4 of the small ones at a time. And I think it was because of the sugar in them. I've noticed the more I am able to avoid bad carbs and sugar, the easier it is to stay on the wagon and I don't crave them as much. Kind of like I did on my pre-op diet...the first couple days were tough, after that, it was pretty smooth sailing. BABE....something to think about and maybe try going cold turkey on the bad carbs for a few days and see if the cravings go away. Or the fasting like "gamergirl" mentioned.