Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tighter in the morning....

Okay we have all heard about that thing were some people are tighter in the morning and looser in the afternoon. But what can we do about it?

In the morning I'm pretty tight...I manage a cup of tea, or maybe a yougurt. Which is great. But by dinner time I feel like I could eat a horse!! Why can't I have the same restriction at night? I would like to get another fill (I've had 2) but I'm afraid that will make me way to tight in the morning.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

Hey Heather I have the same problem I can eat half slice of a black bread but nothing more and I feel that it is just sitting there and sometimes it even hurts when going down...

I wonder if they put the band in the right place because I feel that everything is going straight dow to the other part of stomach and if it stays in the top one then Im PBing or stuck.I dont feel like I have the upper part where from the food should be SLOWLY dripping down?

I'm right there with you. I am back to drinking a shake in the morning and before noon I can have some cheese or nuts. You know something crunchy. Can you get more in at lunch? If so try a nice salad with meat and cheese to curb the major hunger at night. Chili and Soup always go down nicely for lunch.

I eat Weight Control oatmeal every morning. I guess wit it being soft and warm it opens me up alittle more. Even if I take a nap during the day when I wake up I am tight. Strange huh?

I have the same problem, Kat. If only I had the same restriction in the evening as in the morning. :rolleyes: I'm okay until about 7, maybe 7.30 at night, then it's "hello pizza!" (if I'm not strict with myself)

Yep that's me...I'm really good until night, and then...I tell myself...soup for dinner, Soup for dinner, but then I see myself eatting a sandwich or chips or ...ya know...anything I shouldn't.

Well I'm marking a consulation with the nutritionalist. Hopefully she can get me on something stricter, and I can stick to it....I'm also going to consider calling the doctor soon as well for another fill. Even though I really don't want to.

I have the same problem, Kat. If only I had the same restriction in the evening as in the morning. :D I'm okay until about 7, maybe 7.30 at night, then it's "hello pizza!" (if I'm not strict with myself)

Thats describes me to a T. Can barely get a morsel down all day, eat a small dinner in the evening then come 7ish I just want to pick, pick, pick. It takes some control not to succumb!

Laura x

It's a shame we can't all have an afternoon nap to "reset" our bands... Maybe I should suggest it to my boss...

"I need a mid-afternoon nap to ensure good weight loss". Not sure he'd buy it, to be honest. :D

.re: "pizza"....I've tried it a few times but thankfully have lost that urge.

About every 3 or 4 months I will fix a grilled cheese sandwich, much the same thing nutrition-wise

That's strange - I've been banded not much more than a year, and I can tolerate a slice of thin 'n' crispy pizza without too much trouble (of an evening).

Maybe I could use a fill?

Wow!! I'm in the same boat as well. I can't eat anything in the morning. It takes me a good hour to drink a sugar free Instant Breakfast. By lunch time, I'm a little better but not much. Even dinner can be a struggle unless I eat later...say around 8pm. Luckily, my toddler makes me so exhausted, I'm too tired to snack at night. LOL!!

I'm concerned that I'm not eating enough actually. This fourth fill has me seriously restricted.

Want my surgeon's theory on this?

He says it's his opinion only that what happens is that you have all this Fluid in your body...you know how your feet and ankles are more swollen end of the day? He says he thinks that being up and around, the Fluid in your tissues migrates downward due to gravity, making the tissue around the band less full of fluid, thus smaller, thus a loose band.

Laying down and sleeping then redistributes the fluid evenly throughout the body, thus filling the tissues near the band, thus making it tighter.

Don't know if he's wrong or right, but I experience the same problems everyone describes here. My ankles swell during the day but go down overnight, so to me it makes sense what he says.

For those who come home from work and eat too much...the one thing that helps me is to have a snack late in the day, like 4 or 4:30 or sometimes even at 5 as I'm out the door. That one little snack (a cheese stick or some cashews) REALLY makes a difference in the monsta as I come in the door to home and dinner.

my doctor told me that I am too tight in the morning because I am eating too much at night. she said my body gets inflamed because it's irritated from processing too much food. she recommended a couple days of liquid to get it back to normal and then make lunch my biggest meal of the day. then try to keep dinner small and soft. It's worked for me.

It sounds like you are doing the right things. A hot cup of tea is exactly what your doctor will tell you. If that doesn't work you may want a slight unfill. I wouldn't go tighter. That way you could eat more consistently throughout the day and not be as hungry at night. That is what I would do. Best of luck.

my doctor told me that I am too tight in the morning because I am eating too much at night. she said my body gets inflamed because it's irritated from processing too much food. she recommended a couple days of liquid to get it back to normal and then make lunch my biggest meal of the day. then try to keep dinner small and soft. It's worked for me.

I'm glad that's working for you but I don't think overeating is my problem. For example, I may eat 3 shrimp and two pieces of broccoli (cooked to mush, BTW) Then maybe two hours later, I'll have a yogurt. I don't think that's overeating considering I don't eat much else all day.