Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will likely exceed my calories today :( Thank you Sliders!

Well' date=' here's a lesson learned. 200 calories used to sound like nothing in the old days. Now, it's a fourth of my daily allowance. Yes I understand this but when it came time to decide whether or not to have a Protein bar, I looked at it and said, oh, it's only 200 calories. Yeah. 200 calories that did NOT go thunk, that tasted like sugar, and now I am still very hungry. I am obviously not one of those that will feel no hunger. Every day at meal and snack time, I get hungry. And I have to eat right THEN otherwise i get nauseated and light-headed. So here we are, no dinner yet, and I only have 137 calories--and a very hungry tummy. Almost 5 weeks post-surgery, I still hadn't hit the 800 calorie mark. Today, it appears I will go over. (Insert sarcastic font here). Should REALLY help with the "no weight-loss over 10 days thing". I'm bummed because it feels a little like a slippery slope from the old days, where I'd go over my calorie limits "just that one day" because of something. I guess we all have to learn the hard way what our sliders are, but for me, Oh Yeah Protein Bars appear to be sliders. Of course, I now have a whole box full of them, but I guess I won't be eating them. I mean, I expected crackers, sweets, chips, donuts, popcorn, simple carbs etc. to be sliders, but it hadn't occurred to me something with 15 gms of Protein would be a slider? Does that happen? Are there other things that are sliders for you that are not simple carbs?[/quote']

I totally made the same mistake a week or so ago. I tried eating half a Protein Bar and waiting and thought I was going to stave. I ate the other half and was still hungry. Haven't done one since. I had a Greek yogurt and half a scoop of unflavored Protein powder and ended up at 170calories, and 21g of protein and I was full before I finished 3/4 of it.

I totally made the same mistake a week or so ago. I tried eating half a Protein bar and waiting and thought I was going to stave. I ate the other half and was still hungry. Haven't done one since. I had a Greek yogurt and half a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder and ended up at 170calories' date=' and 21g of Protein and I was full before I finished 3/4 of it.[/quote']

I tried a pure Protein One and made myself stop at half. I think I could have eaten the whole thing, but half satisfied me. I don't know why that one is more "dense" but it worked for an on-the-go snack.< /p>

I tried a pure Protein one and made myself stop at half. I think I could have eaten the whole thing' date=' but half satisfied me. I don't know why that one is more "dense" but it worked for an on-the-go snack.[/quote']

Have u tried the oh yeah victory bars? They gave 20 gr of Protein and of Fiber and r under 200 cal. They are very good and while I won't eat them everyday I like to have them in case I need to boost up my protein numbers. The vanilla sond and choc chip cookie dough r my fav. My sister loves the peanutbutter cookie dough one. I have the reg oh yeah bars and they font satisfy me nearly as well.

Have u tried the oh yeah victory bars? They gave 20 gr of Protein and of Fiber and r under 200 cal. They are very good and while I won't eat them everyday I like to have them in case I need to boost up my Protein numbers. The vanilla sond and choc chip cookie dough r my fav. My sister loves the peanutbutter cookie dough one. I have the reg oh yeah bars and they font satisfy me nearly as well.

The oh yeah bars were what started this thread for me. Total slider food for me. Ate it and was starving afterwards. No can do those anymore :(

The oh yeah bars were what started this thread for me. Total slider food for me. Ate it and was starving afterwards. No can do those anymore :(

I was just wondering if u had tried both types of their bars?

I messed up myself today. My hubs and grand kids ordered pizza from my fav place today.... Ahhh. Ny style. Yeah. I ate a slice. Well. A good two thirds of it anyway. It went down too easy. Tasted good too. Problem is I have felt hungry ever since. Thinking I poked my carb monster and now he's pissed. Lol. So. I learned it's too soon to even try eating the wondrous triangle of awesomeness I need to just admire it from afar. Difference now is instead of letting guilt push me to the junk food. I now reconciled with myself that tomorrow is back to the business of Protein first Water second. And the knowledge that I'm down over sixty lbs and yes. I. Can. Do. This.

Most peoples slider r ice cream, puddings, soft items like that. After my lapband almoddt 4 yrs ago, I found my slider was popcorn. I could eat a whole tub of movie popcorn.

I'm now 10 weeks out revision and went to the movies last week. Was hoping it would no longer be a slider for me. No such luck. Had to get up and throw the bag of popcorn away after eating more than a fair portion (hubby had enuf anyway). Damn. Thought the sleeve would fix that.

Most peoples slider r ice cream' date=' puddings, soft items like that. After my lapband almoddt 4 yrs ago, I found my slider was popcorn. I could eat a whole tub of movie popcorn.

I'm now 10 weeks out revision and went to the movies last week. Was hoping it would no longer be a slider for me. No such luck. Had to get up and throw the bag of popcorn away after eating more than a fair portion (hubby had enuf anyway). Damn. Thought the sleeve would fix that.[/quote']

I had a bag of popcorn the other day but I'd read enough on here to be cautious. So we bought the 100 calorie bags and I ate one of those and when it was gone, I told myself I was done. It was a nice taste change and it didn't make me crave more so I was happy.

At the movies, even pre-sleeve, my husband and I used to get the kids meal. Just that little popcorn, a small cup of diet sofa and a small pack of fruit leather or whatever the candy was. It's actually quite a bit of popcorn, it's just that it looks sooooo minuscule in comparison to their large buckets.

I messed up myself today. My hubs and grand kids ordered pizza from my fav place today.... Ahhh. Ny style. Yeah. I ate a slice. Well. A good two thirds of it anyway. It went down too easy. Tasted good too. Problem is I have felt hungry ever since. Thinking I poked my carb monster and now he's pissed. Lol. So. I learned it's too soon to even try eating the wondrous triangle of awesomeness I need to just admire it from afar. Difference now is instead of letting guilt push me to the junk food. I now reconciled with myself that tomorrow is back to the business of Protein first Water second. And the knowledge that I'm down over sixty lbs and yes. I. Can. Do. This.

I didn't realize they had a second kind of bar. That might be worth trying. Thanks for the suggestion! Like you, I only use bars in an emergency and it's usually when I'm traveling or visiting clients etc.

With the pizza, can't you just eat the topping and not the crust? I haven't been sleeved yet, (Oct.) but friends that have had WLS do this.

I eat the top yum