Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

Maurine, I hope you got the good news you were looking for yesterday! Like I already said, I was really pleased with my experience at Dr. Johnell's and even more pleased that I decided to be banded. After doing lots of research I felt like it was the only surgery for me. I thought dealing with UHC was a nightmare too, but at least they came back with the answer I was hoping for.

Denise,

We are nearly neighbors! I filled in as editor of the Berthoud Recorder for one summer as a favor to a boss/friend. I spent a lot of time up there - loved your police chief. As a matter of fact, my daughter is playing competitive softball on a Berthoud team this summer. Small world! I hope you've heard something by now. I wish insurance companies could look at the long-term instead of just immediate payment out, but I know that's not the way it's done.

If there's anything I can do to help either of you, please let me know. I really, really hope you're both able to have this done. It's giving me my life back - dramatic, but very, very true!

Becky

Becky,

I am still on for Oct 5th!

I was so happy to read that your thrilled about your band, I know this will sound odd, after all the fight I have gone through to get the insurance approval, I actually layed in bed lastnight and tried to talk myself out of being banded...... Did you go through this before surgery? I have done nothing but almost obsess about having surgery since the end of June and now I'm getting cold feet! Not sure why....

I only met Dr. Johnell very briefly, but felt secure that he will do a great job and you have reinforced my feelings.

The count down is on! lol

Maurine

Hi again Maurine,

I'm so glad your surgery's still on. I was so thrilled and relieved to get insurance approval that I never looked back. I started the whole process in January of 2003, messed around with Kaiser for too long, researched having surgery in Mexico, changed insurance companies and finally had surgery in April 2004. I obsessed about it for so long that once that letter from UHC came, all I felt was joy and relief. Don't talk yourself out of it - it's the best, most life-changing decision I've ever made. My surgery was really easy and I had very little pain afterwards. I'm 46 years old and my only regret is that I couldn't have this done in my 30's. If you need some hand-holding let me know!

Becky

Becky,

I think after obsessing about the surgery for 3 months and then finally getting the ok, I didn't have anything to do but wait...... so I think my mind started playing with me! lol

Thanks for your support, you are more than welcome to stop by and visit me after my surgery if you like :D Denise will need to come along with you so we can have a hen party! It would be great to meet you both.

waiting patiently

Maurine

Hi everybody,

A hen party at the hospital sounds like a plan. I've got your date on my calendar Maurine and hope I can get up there. My daughter is leaving for Florida the 6th. Will you still be there then?

I haven't heard anything from my insurance except that they're still reviewing it. How long can that take? Gee whiz it's probably less than 10 pages of information. I'm just VERY discouraged at this point. My sister just told me she lost 37 lbs. on her own and it makes me wonder why I can't do this myself and not rely on surgery.

The success stories I've heard are so encouraging. I just think of the band as my last chance.

Becky - my daughter did a little photography at the Recorder one summer and one of my ex-coworkers worked there awhile too - Kathy Karpiel. Did you know her? It is a small world.

Keep us posted with your continued success and maybe we'll meet up at the hospital.

Ginni/barelythere - haven't heard from you lately. How's the move going? Lakewood is not far from my daughter in Westminster.

Denise