Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lately I have been feeling very tired. I was sleeved on the 24th of July and so far I have lost 30 pounds. I use my Fitness Pal and last night I did a report over the last 30 days of my proein consumption. It was too low. So I am tryig to up it. My question is this? How many others have had this situation occur and what did you fo to help it.

Thanks, Mark, Edmond Ok

I was tired after surgery, and enjoyed my naps. But I've not heard that Protein causes fatigue unless you have some sort of intolerance. I've just done a quick google, and found nothing to suggest it???

How low is too low? One thing that may help is for you to plan your meals out to make sure you are getting the Protein before the day starts. So you know at Breakfast it will be 25gr protein there, you will have a snack of cheese that has x at 10.

It is still just a month out. I imagine you are still learning how to eat and if the number is close, I think you will find it will be easier to get the protein in.

Where are your carbs? Mine were too low lately and it's amazing how much a few additional grams a day have done for our energy levels. That's what will really get you tired, I think, is a lack of complex carbs.

I am a big fan of Premier Protein shakes and Quest Protein Bars to keep my Protein up. The shakes are 30g each and the bars are 20g. You can get the shakes at Sam's Club and the bars from Amazon. HTH!

Where are your carbs? Mine were too low lately and it's amazing how much a few additional grams a day have done for our energy levels. That's what will really get you tired, I think, is a lack of complex carbs.

I second this. Even if you are doing a low carb plan (most of us are I believe), you still need some carbs, esp if you are working out.

If you're Protein is low, (normally I feel hungry but not tired) I like the plan of getting more in early in the day. That way you have upped your chances of meeting your needs for the day.

Edit: if your

Mark what is your Protein goal? My was set at 95 g a day. I have been really tired the last couple of days. Mine is stress related and I ate some sugar one day and I am paying for it. Good luck. Its also time for my B12 injection. I see you are from Edmond Ok. Who was your surgeon. I am from S. Oklahoma and had surgery in Norman. Good luck. Hit me up on MFP , moonbeam207

at this point, you should be eating ONLY Protein foods. Anything else will take up space in your tiny tummy that should be for protein.

at this point' date=' you should be eating ONLY Protein foods. Anything else will take up space in your tiny tummy that should be for protein.[/quote']

Hi there, that's what I thought too. I'm on full liquids and am 2 weeks post-op. I was exhausted and the surgeon said to get at least 50-60 gms of complex carbs.

Mark what is your Protein goal? My was set at 95 g a day. I have been really tired the last couple of days. Mine is stress related and I ate some sugar one day and I am paying for it. Good luck. Its also time for my B12 injection. I see you are from Edmond Ok. Who was your surgeon. I am from S. Oklahoma and had surgery in Norman. Good luck. Hit me up on MFP , moonbeam207

My Protein goal is 92 grams a day and I admit that I have missed it lately. It is not all the time but I use My Fitness Pal and ran a report last night on my protein intake and several times I was only at about 45 grams. I know the days that it happened was when I was with my wife in the hospital and doctors appoiintments. So I am going to make a concentrated effort to get in all of my protein goals I am only a little over 3 weeks out and I am on the mushy phase so I cannot eat protein bars and such yet so protein is not as portable as I would like it to be. But I will just have to do it. So thank you for writing., Mark

Good Protein tuna, yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, 100 cal yoplat yogurt in vanilla is 10 g then stir in 2 Tbs of PB2 5g taste like Peanut Butter cheese cake. For a total if 15g Protein. Good luck and your energy will return!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Do you buy the PB2 with chocolate?

I have, but last time I just ordered the the plain. They are both good.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Low Protein intake can throw everything off. Protein is the building block for every single cell of your body. If you are protein deficient you will be tired. Long term this is why people lose their hair. Nails become brittle muscles begin to break down. Now with that being said I did not get all of my protein in the first few weeks. It was nearly impossible. I have never been fatigued though. But I also am not doing extremely low carb. I get on average 40-50 carbs a day from milk, fruit and veggies. Have you had any labs drawn from your surgeon?

I had my surgery on August 19. Was also feeling pretty tired. Now that I am at the pureed/soft stage. ...I have been eating a lot of fish....it's soft. I had crabcakes, flounder, bluefish. I eat what I can and have the rest later...until it's gone. And I feel so much better. I just worry about getting my protien and Water in. I have no idea how many grams I am getting. I just know my energy level has so improved!