Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have anyone of filled yourself.

Below is a video of a fill on youtube. It only takes 8 seconds. If people keep herassing me on this forum, without any substance, I may put my own video on youtube next time.Warning. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwBrOoqRVhg&mode=related&search=]YouTube - 8 second lap band fill[/ame]

there is a saying in the medical profession "the Doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient" - what does that say about a patient who treats himself??

I have been a practicing Registered Nurse for 27 yrs, I have experience in accessing a variety of medi ports- would I adjsut my own band, for any reason- not on your life!

You commented that you feel full quite quickly after you eat but then the food passes into the lower pouch too quickly- unless you have had motility studies done that is an assumption not fact ( regardless of what type of band you have). Do a bit more research, it is possible to damage the structure of the esophagus including the nerve supply- some people have reported limited restriction when in fact they have streched not just the upper pouch but the esophagus as well- not common but it can happen - the ability to swallow 6 oranges in 15 minutes makes me wonder.

As for the graph you keep mentionng, am familiar with it but it is a static comparison only ie comparing the bands when they are not inplace- there is so much more than just volume in the band, some bands are called low pressure bands, some high pressure bands, some soft and some hard. Add on top of that no two individuals have the same amount of fat around the stomach and it makes that graph of little practical use- it is not meant to be used in the way that you have-

as for people harrassing you, if you feel you are being harrassed- you can stop it quite easily- drop the subject, do what you want to with your own body, accept that others don't agree with you and leave it at that- no need to make threats

Kbattal surely knew that self-filling would be controversial when he posted it. And it has been. I am glad it was posted and found the thread interesting until it became condescending. Now it's just base and boring. Bye all.

Below is a video of a fill on youtube. It only takes 8 seconds. If people keep herassing me on this forum, without any substance, I may put my own video on youtube next time.Warning.

And exactly why would we care, if you did???

Below is a video of a fill on youtube. It only takes 8 seconds. If people keep herassing me on this forum, without any substance, I may put my own video on youtube next time.Warning. :)

Ummm... warning?? That's hysterical. :D

Please remember you started this thread by asking if anyone had ever filled themselves and what people thought about that. We gave our opinions... sorry if you disagree. Disagreement does not constitute harrassment though... sorry you feel that way.

Peace.

11/13/06 $15,000.00 Banded!

12/11/06 First fill 1.6cc-nothing

1/12/07 Second fill: I have a total of 2cc-some restriction AMs

1/30/07 Third fill: I have a total of 3cc

Betsyjane, I had the surgery almost on the same day, Nov 11,06, with you, you already have 3rd fill, and had agressive fill each time. I still have no restriction.

How good of him to fill you so much, I bet you asked him to be agressive. I am very jealous. Any restriction so far?.

Dorin

Pardon my opinion, but it seems like someone didn't do alot of research before being banded. And I'm wondering if a psychological evaluation was done to confirm this person was ready for the journey of the band, up to and including patience, compliance and practicing new eating behaviors. Hmm..

My surgeon gave me my port and tubing when he removed them from me... so I actually have it my possesion and let me tell you... it is not as "hard" as you might think it is to puncture the tubing. If you search my posts you will find a thread in which I posted pics of my tubing and port and the leak itself... you can see how easily it was punctured.

Good luck to you!

Thanks Drewslou, I wish i have seen these pictures before. One picture is worth sometimes a thousand words. I always thought they used stainless tubing in port connector. I was misled by the following pictures on Inamed site. They pretend it is made of hard material, the possibility of pucturing the connector, ot the port is higher than I thought in this case. I think some patients are allergic to metals, they only use titanium these days. I heard about stainless steel port connector though, maybe it was a thing of the past.

they claim in their site:

A high-compression septum and a reinforced tapered tubing connector for long-term durability

post-211976-13813134598778_thumb.jpg

post-211976-13813134598908_thumb.jpg

post-211976-13813134599003_thumb.jpg

post-211976-13813134599456_thumb.jpg

Pardon my opinion, but it seems like someone didn't do alot of research before being banded. And I'm wondering if a psychological evaluation was done to confirm this person was ready for the journey of the band, up to and including patience, compliance and practicing new eating behaviors. Hmm..

Your tone is quite negative, but I will answer honestly.

Believe me I was not given any information before banding, and afterbanding, just 30 minutes general check-up, and one page dieting information . The rest of information I got from the internet. The doctor only asked me if I was volume eater, or not, I was, and told me about other surgery possibilities, I said this was the less invasive, we should go ahead with banding, even he told me I had the option of a by-pass, to a person of BMI 38 like me???.

I researched 3 days , read other peoples experiences quite extensively and made up my mind in three days, then I never thought aftercare was that important till I knew I had a VG band..

I researched 3 days , read other peoples experiences quite extensively and made up my mind in three days, then I never thought aftercare was that important till I knew I had a VG band..

I know with all the research I did... aftercare was stressed as imperative to be successful with the band no matter which band you had.

Howdy

I am a RN who works with 'ports' constantly. You need a special needle -what is called a 'non coring needle' to access your ports. If you use a regular needle, you will core out your port - hence causing a leaking port and your saline will never stay in. Then you will have to use more money to go under again to get your port replaced.

I would suggest going to the right Dr. with the right tools. You have already done so much to get the lapband, dont screw it up with a regular needle.

good luck!

Howdy

I am a RN who works with 'ports' constantly. You need a special needle -what is called a 'non coring needle' to access your ports. If you use a regular needle, you will core out your port - hence causing a leaking port and your saline will never stay in. Then you will have to use more money to go under again to get your port replaced.

I would suggest going to the right Dr. with the right tools. You have already done so much to get the lapband, dont screw it up with a regular needle.

good luck!

Yes, I arranged an adjustment with my doctor . Finally I was able to change his mind. I complanained that I gained 3 kgs last month , that i was able to eat as much as I do (i had to exegerate). We did a complete check-up for my system under fluoro and checked if there were any leaks too. He used omnipaque as the contast agent. Becuase he mainly uses swedish band, he does not fill more than 2cc in the first six month, quite qontrary to Inameds instructions, but he made exception for me. I saw there was no leak because the contrast agent was clearly seen in the tube under fluoro. He injected total 2cc. I feel a little more restriction now,but is not quite as much as I wanted it to be. He said too much restriction might cause pouch dilation.

Dorin