Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help i have stopped losing weight

I'm 9 weeks out, have lost 32 lbs since surgery. No weight lost during the 4th, 5th and 6th week. But week 7 i lost 3.2 lbs and then 4.4 lbs last week. I was in the same boat, upset about the weeks with no loss, but just kept going. You just have to be patient if you're doing the right things.

It's easier typed than done, but you can do it!!

How do you get 30 GM of Protein with the cottage cheese and fruit? Do you add Protein Powder or is there a particular brand? I eat the breakstone farms, but it's only 12gn for 1/2 cup.

I was wondering that too. No way does a serving of cottage cheese and fruit = 30 grams of protein unless you add protein powder.< /p>

OP - are you tracking what you eat on a list every day? How many calories are you getting in? And how many nuts are you eating? There are protein Snacks out there with a lot less fat than nuts. Your choice obviously. That being said you're probably stalled. I am experiencing that now at nearly 2 months post op. It's depressing but as long as you eat what you are supposed to and get solid exercise you will break it. Your body is still adjusting. There will be turbulence along the way.

Exercise only accounts for so much. A majority of weight loss comes from quality and quantity of food.

I have MS so strenuous exercise is not a possibility for me. But I still lose at a decent rate. Also on average men tend to lose weight faster then women.

To the op' date=' you are still new at this. Your body just went through major major surgery and then you lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Your body is probably taking a little bit of time to readjust. Also are you tracking your measurements? When you don't lose lbs you might be losing inches.

Do you have a preop pic? Take a pic today and compare the two. I'm sure you will see some difference. Are you eating a lot of salty foods? Maybe sodium is too high and you are retaining some water.[/quote']

Great advice. My only pre-op pic is one i can't show. ;(. Will take your advice and take one now. Dod not even think of taking measurements. Will do that too. I do retain Water and my disability causes bloating and pretty extreme Constipation. Maybe that is part of it.

Great advice. Thank you so much.

I am eating a store brand cottage cheese that has 14 grams of Protein for 1/2 cup. The fruit just helps the cottage cheese taste better. I have been eating too many nuts and got rid of them. Can't stand the shakes or,shots. Am now trying tuna in addition to cottage cheese to get my protein in. Will have to start tracking what I eat. That is probably part of my problem. Thanks so much to all of you. This really helps to encourage me.

Its normal to slow down after the second month. My doc said the first two mths you loose fast and what ever amount u loose the first two mths you will loose the next 4 mths. Then u start slowing down. That's why you should do as told the first 6 mths. Its hard. But we can do it.

I was so frustrated at first with counting and portions. My nut said stop that don't count. Just eat protien. And drink one shake a day. And it helped a lot. I loose 1-3 lbs a week. I'm 3 mths and I'm down 60lbs.

So don't worry we r all diffrent. You have not stoped loosing.

Good advice, thanks

I am using an app on my iPhone called lose it. I live it, I switched to that from my fitness pal. That was great to but this s anther option to use to trak food. It actually has a scanner,So you can scan the barcode on packaged food and it will and it to you daily food intake.

I am using an app on my iPhone called lose it. I live it' date=' I switched to that from my fitness pal. That was great to but this s anther option to use to trak food. It actually has a scanner,So you can scan the barcode on packaged food and it will and it to you daily food intake.[/quote']

Yes I use it too, I honestly found it better than myfitness.....also you can track your exercises

Its great!!!

Yes I use it too' date=' I honestly found it better than myfitness.....also you can track your exercises

Its great!!![/quote']

I didn't realize you could track exercise with it. I actually just bought the fitbit flex and that tracked every thing I do.

I just started with the fitbit flex too( don't mean to jack the thread but...) heads up it won't track steps when your wrist is parallel to the floor ie pushing a stroller or cart. And too much vibration will put it in sleep mode ie stroller on bumpy pavement. I was so flaming mad after a 2 mile walk with the stroller that didn't register. Now I just take it off and put it in my pocket for stroller walks and it works fine :)