Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is this forum even here?

Agreed we cant vent, rant, or rave here without having the thread locked. Kinda of sad the abuse of higher ranked members and some mods on here. If they don't like it they lock it but when it is a issue but they like it its fine no issue,.

What do the dots under your picture mean? I am editing to ad: I have a whole bunch of dots and I don't even know what they mean LMAO!

Edited by Ima Loser

Hahaha.. I never noticed the dot rank before

I never noticed the dots either...lol

Rules are rules and that's why some topics get locked. I started one here last week that was locked. I honestly never meant any harm by it and it was my own fault for not looking at the rules of the forum before I started the topic. It doesn't matter if it's a rant or rave that many people agree with. There are rules here to protect the members. We agree to follow the rules when we sign up on the forum.

If I felt someone was receiving "special treatment" I would report it to the administrators and see what they had to say. Then I would probably decide if I wanted to leave the forum or just ignore it. Personally, I think they are doing their best to keep things running smoothly on this forum, it can't be an easy job and I'm glad it's not mine! :)

Dots??? What dots???

Yep I've had Susan (and Alex) roll up a news paper and smack me on the nose publicly like a bad puppy more than once! :P

Was I in the wrong? Was I violating the forum rules? Hell ya!

I took it like a big girl and didn't do that particular thing again, and moved on...

What do the dots mean??????? :ph34r:

It's a phantom forum...not really there. Giving you the illusion of being able to speak your mind, but in reality only certain kinds of offensive behavior is allowed.

It's a phantom forum...not really there. Giving you the illusion of being able to speak your mind, but in reality only certain kinds of offensive behavior is allowed.

I am really unsure of what you are alluding to. I went back and looked at locked posts and they were all around the same thing..not making fun of other members which included some specific items like language, duplicate posts etc. So what other offensive behavior has been allowed?

If you want to talk about offensive behavior...then ya'll's chat room conversations which routinely deal with sex, masturbation and I believe an anal posting if I saw that correctly today I would call offensive. I have however learned how to leave chat..so it is the same concept..don't read it if it offends you.

Ranting is permitted. Ranting about members of the forum, named or not, is against our rules. There is even a sticky at the top of this forum that states that. It is discouraging to new members and makes them feel unwelcomed, which is not our intent. If you see a question you think has been asked a million times, then scroll on by it. If you see something you think is silly or stupid, just scroll on by it, It is that simple. But, do not create a thread for the sole purpose of complaining about such things as the thread will be closed.

If you have a problem with the way we moderate the forums, feel free to address it privately with myself or Alex.

Is it possible to get "kicked out" for chat room behavior? Just curious.

Ok, so asking people to do a little bit of research before posting is not ok. But people attacking each other over religion is.

Got it.

just checkin' to see how many dots I have.....

Is it possible to get "kicked out" for chat room behavior? Just curious.

People around here have been banned for their behavior.. Many times. Is that what you're asking? I don't know anything about the chat room.. I thought that was gone