Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saskatoon Saskatchewan girl in need of answers

I have found an RN in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan that has the lap band. She has been trained and she does her own fills and she is willing to provide fills for other people for $50. I have spoken to her and she seems very knowledgable. Send me a private message and I can put you in contact with her if you want.

In these discussions there is mention of a doctor in Vancouver and a person in Saskatoon, both willing to do lap band fills for persons banded in Mexico.

Could someone please email me information -- name, address, phone number, etc. for these persons.

I am trying to help a friend line up some one to do fills before she heads to Mexico for the surgery.

Please response to komishe@yahoo.com

Many thanks to all

sheelk. Hi - Dr. R. Woodhed does fills for other doctors in Canada. He charges $400.00 consult fee and $80.00 a fill. Cheaper for me than going to Toronto, although I do try to go there if I can.

Dr. W. used to do fills for Mexican patients, but I understand he no longer will take on out of country patients. The only way you will find out is by telephone his office in Ladner/Delta. I don't like posting telephone numbers, but I am sure he is in the telephone book.

She was looking for someone in Saskatoon. Unless she wants to fly to BC for fills?

Anyways, pm'd with contact info!

Argon: Sheelk's posting asks for information on the Vancouver doctor. That is what i gave her. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Whooops, sorry Doddie! I somehow blanked out the whole Vancouver part of that question every time I read it! Haha, sorry!

Thats Ok Argon. I love the fact she is looking for aftercare. You can't imagine how I have been jumped on for mentioning aftercare. Seems there are a few sensitive people out there that don't like me reminding potential bandsters to ensure they have good aftercare. The perception of after care on people starting their research is much different to the reality. Can't imagine why there is such pressure for me to be quiet, unless of course, they represent a particular clinic.

Anyway, Argon I think or hope we have helper this person on the start of her queries.

Hi LemonLuLu I was just banded on June 2 of this year by Dr. Liza Pompa in Mexico, she is awesome! There are quite a few of us bandsters in Saskatoon and 4 just went down this week to see her. We will be getting together every month or two for suppers and support. You can even get your fills done here in Saskatoon by an RN Michelle Wright for 75.00. I can give you her phone number and website address if you are interested. You would be amazed to know how many have gone down from Saskatchewan! I am loving my lap band....Tashcat

Tashcat, so there are some S'toon bandsters getting together? I'd love to join in on this, if it's ok with you guys of course, can you let me know more?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was banded in Tijuana, mexico jan 25, 08 and so far am down around 45 lbs. I would also love to get together with other Saskatchewan bandsters (I live in Saskatoon).

Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group Monthly Meeting

Date: July 19, 2008

Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Event Details: Meet at Regina Holiday Inn at 1800 Prince of Wales Avenue

Room: Hector Room

Speaker: Phyllis Bend, Coordinator of the Cardiac Rehabilitation and Chronic Disease Prevention Program

type.gif www.sbssg.ca