Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd Day of Pre-Op diet

I'm on day 3 of pre-op diet (sleeved on August 5th). I'm not going to lie... these first few days have been tough. Day 1, got through the morning fairly easy; by afternoon I was sluggish. I went home and had drained Healthy Request cream of chicken Soup (which was surprisingly satisfying), and went on a family walk w/ wife and kids. When I got home, I could hardly keep my eyes open and crashed. I woke up yesterday feeling different... a good different. Almost like a cleansed different (I don't know if that makes sense, but it's the only way I can describe). Yesterday wasn't as bad as Monday, but was tough. Followed the same routine, but didn't crash last night. Woke up this morning feeling good, and we'll see how the rest of the day goes. Sure, the pre-op diet isn't pleasant, but I'm going to own it and become a better me.

excellent... It should get better each day. Most say that it's better after 3/4 days...

This is day two for me. Yesterday was terrible...I just felt bad and had the worst headache. Felt better when I got up this morning, but now the headache is coming back. Two weeks of this is going to be torture:(

Kimmy, hang in there. Are you drinking plenty of Water? I love to drink water as it is, but having a propel zero or two has helped out a lot!

I started day 1 at 204.8, this morning, day 7 I weighed 196.2. An 8.6 pound weight loss in 6 days !!!!! I'm loving this pre-op diet. I wish I'd started it earlier. I'm being creative, with different flavors, using extracts and SF Torani syrups. I haven't been hungry once. I've averaged 68 grams of Protein and roughly 600 calories a day.

Whats the deal with being allowed Soup? ?? I thought it had to be a low carb diet to shrink your liver ?

Whats the deal with being allowed Soup? ?? I thought it had to be a low carb diet to shrink your liver ?

I'm allowed chicken & beef broth...there's 5-10 calories in a cup, no carbs. Counts as a clear liquid.

Not sure re: Soup. Just following my doctor's office plan. I've seen other plans where the pre-op diet is only one week and you can have meals. I think at the end of the day, you want more Protein than carbs.

I'm wondering if things are different strictly because of our doctors or if they take into consideration our size....Looks like I'm taking in about 750 calories and 103g Protein....and after 2 days, the scales went down a tad....although I have to say I was hungry around 8:00 last night.

Vinnie, I love your comment "I'm going to own it and be a better me"

I haven't really had any struggles.....but I'm wondering if it will come next week when it's not so new and I start to panic about the surgery......so for now I'm taking one day at a time. :)

Ok I jus got thru reading all of these posts... Y'all have me A lil. scared! I know what I eat now... And I haven't started my Pre-Op diet yet.

If y'all had to do it over would you have started yours earlier and gradually went into it... Or jus start it cold turkey?

I know my Dr. will prolly have me on a liquid diet for 2 weeks!

Kinda Scared Here!

Tc's Ready!

I wouldnt go cold turkey..especially if your diet consists of caffine or pop..its the hardest one to break away from...i went cold turkey from everything else...but pop was somthing that took a couple of weeks before starting pre op diet...the reason being: i was substituting pop with any other beverage when i craved pop so i had other options..now on my pre op..there is nothing but flavored water

I wouldnt go cold turkey..especially if your diet consists of caffine or pop..its the hardest one to break away from...i went cold turkey from everything else...but pop was somthing that took a couple of weeks before starting pre op diet...the reason being: i was substituting pop with any other beverage when i craved pop so i had other options..now on my pre op..there is nothing but flavored Water

Thanks... Bcuz Dr.Pepper is such a weakness. LOL

Think I will start the process soon. ..

Tc's Ready!

Tcs, don't be scared. Remember, this is a journey, and all journies have to start somewhere. It's an adjustment for sure, but you can do it. About a month ago, I started substituting a Protein Shake for Breakfast. I started making better choices and cutting down on portion size, but I also had some slip ups w/ some old friends (i.e. the good food that's terrible for me; pizza, cokes, etc.). Just hang in there and work the program your doctor gives you.

Kimmy, hang in there. Are you drinking plenty of Water? I love to drink Water as it is, but having a propel zero or two has helped out a lot!

Yes, I'm getting 60-80 oz of water a day and that doesn't include the water that is mixed with my carnation. I'm feeling okay today, just tired.

I'm wondering if things are different strictly because of our doctors or if they take into consideration our size....Looks like I'm taking in about 750 calories and 103g Protein....and after 2 days, the scales went down a tad....although I have to say I was hungry around 8:00 last night.

Vinnie, I love your comment "I'm going to own it and be a better me"

I haven't really had any struggles.....but I'm wondering if it will come next week when it's not so new and I start to panic about the surgery......so for now I'm taking one day at a time. :)

I wish I was taking in 750 calories a day....my pre-op diet is for the dang birds. I'm getting less than 500 calories a day and only like 25 grams of protein....I just don't see how that's a good thing:(