Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feast day calories

now you have me confused. if my resting metolbolic rate is 1300, how many do you think I should eat on non fast days that i don't exercise? Some days I can't fit it in.

Being WLS people, I don't know if that changes things or not for us. Daisy, Just go with what you usually eat... I would say 1300 is probably OK if you do a little exercise. I eat 1200 if I do absolutely no exercise... up to 1600 if I walk 5 miles.... thats the range for me.

now you have me confused. if my resting metolbolic rate is 1300' date=' how many do you think I should eat on non fast days that i don't exercise? Some days I can't fit it in.[/quote']

I think I need to do more reading :)

My take is... We are losing well. Not having very much difficulty. And managing within a healthy calorie field on feast days. As WLS it would have to be different for us anyhoo.

I was interested in the BBC video that it said he needed to have a LOWER Protein diet. That kinda flies in the face of sleeve diet structure.

I really not getting in as much Protein as I need to most days probably but all my blood work was good and I feel good so I'm just not worrying about it at the moment. More focused on healthy choices within caloric boundaries and 5:2 eating plan.

I think as long as I take my Vitamins, eat good protein choices like chicken, turkey and some very lean beef I am okay.

I don't plan to continue to eat a ton of Protein. I have read that it's not good to eat more than our bodies need. I think at 5'2" 50 grams is my requirement. I had over 100 today.

Wow that's a lot of protein! For a non fast day too. I tend to eat mostly Protein on fast days but haven't been so strict on feed days. I've been throwing in a lot more carbs with fruits veg and a few treats here and there..

My take is... We are losing well. Not having very much difficulty. And managing within a healthy calorie field on feast days. As WLS it would have to be different for us anyhoo.

I was interested in the BBC video that it said he needed to have a LOWER Protein diet. That kinda flies in the face of sleeve diet structure.

I really not getting in as much Protein as I need to most days probably but all my blood work was good and I feel good so I'm just not worrying about it at the moment. More focused on healthy choices within caloric boundaries and 5:2 eating plan.

I think as long as I take my Vitamins, eat good protein choices like chicken, turkey and some very lean beef I am okay.

Thats what I thought it said too, but after looking at it again I realized that researcher said less protein was one way to get protection, the other way is fasting(the 3 1/2 day fast that Mosley did) which is protective, but goes away after a while. So Mosley went to other researchers who were studying alternate day fasting (the cheeseburger girl) and said you could get the protection with reduced calories on alternate days as well... (or the guy that was a calorie restrictor at the beginning who ate the bowl of fruit) So protein restriction did not become a big part of the 5:2. I believe I read in the 5:2 book that 50 gms min protein? I will have to look it up again.... I have been reading all kinds of fasting blogs and mix up some of the "facts"

Interesting topics ladies. When I was about 14 months post-op I went to a sports medicine guru (who my surgeon loved) to get my BMR or RMR (resting metabolic rate) done. I stepped up on his big fancy machine and it spit out a paper with all kinds of info that I wish he could have explained to me (he was a bit on the rambly, lofty side and his jargon was confusing) but basically it said my RMR was about 1450.

I have not experimented with TDEE, but usually try to stay below 1500 calories on a feed day. Just based on my own personal experience, that seems to be my limit. If I go over that amount, I can usually expect it to show up on the scale. If I stay below that then it's maintenance.

mine is 1300. It's amazing how quickly it adds up.

mine is 1300. It's amazing how quickly it adds up.

Totally agree OD!

Today, I was very meticulous about logging my food and clocked in at 971 cals. I was shocked. I even ate a strawberry with a tbsp of cream cheese on it and logged it. I fasted yesterday (I think I was 530 cals) but today wasn't feeling hungry. So go figure. I'm waiting until tues to see what the scale says. If I posted today it would say I'm down -8lbs since July 16th. Hoping the scale still says that on Tues!

My TDEE is 1648 so on fast days I try to keep it under 500. Because I've had this parasite my schedule is all messed up, for 6 days now I've had maybe 250 cals a day, and that just uh - goes right through me (sorry) and I'm not getting any nutrition from it. Maybe today will be the day that the food stays with me? If so, then tomorrow I will reset and have an eating day.

My TDEE is 1648 so on fast days I try to keep it under 500. Because I've had this parasite my schedule is all messed up, for 6 days now I've had maybe 250 cals a day, and that just uh - goes right through me (sorry) and I'm not getting any nutrition from it. Maybe today will be the day that the food stays with me? If so, then tomorrow I will reset and have an eating day.

Gosh I hope you start feeling better today. This has been a really long frustrating illness. I hope you turn the corner asap!

Are you taking antibiotics? Those really screw with your body.... if so , make sure to get some Probiotics, fermented food and raw fruits and veggies. I know you don't have much control over what you eat there... hope you feel better soon! I had Guardia and amebic dysentery while in India years ago... really knocked me down....

I don't know what it was, it's called Flagyll and it seems to have done the trick, though my insides are still achey. As for feast day cals, I'm doing 1660, which means I've got about 650 cals to play with for dinner, thinking chicken meatballs and honeydew for dessert!

I don't know what it was' date=' it's called Flagyll and it seems to have done the trick, though my insides are still achey. As for feast day cals, I'm doing 1660, which means I've got about 650 cals to play with for dinner, thinking chicken meatballs and honeydew for dessert![/quote']

Yes Flagyll is an antibiotic.