Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings.. I'm scheduled for surgery Feb. 1-07 in Toronto. I'm curious as to how people did with the pre-op diet. Did you stick to it? For how long? If you didn't, were there repercussions? Thanks.. I look forward to joining all of you. Best of luck with your journey.

:clap2:

Hi Tres, I'm a fellow Canadian fr Mascouche, Québec and I'm being operated on Monday Jan 8th. I have 2 more days to go with my liquid diet and it's going great. I'm taking Slim Fast 3 or 4 times a day and I must say it can be done. I have never cheated once. The fact that I was already on a strick diet beforehand helped a lot and it made my body go through the transition very well.

I wish you luck on your surgery & keep us posted on how your doing.

Take Care! Gigi

Hi Gigi... I'm from Toronto and my surgery is Feb 1st. Best of luck on Monday!!! Only two more "big sleeps" until surgery! I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how you are.

All the best! Tres

Hello,

I had surgery in Nov. at the TLBC in Toronto too. Yes, the pre diet is only cottege cheese and yogurt for 2 weeks. I know that they tell some people they could have a piece of chicken too, but I was never told this.

Good luck to you. You will be fine.....

Let us know how your doing..

Dori: How was your overall experience with TLBC? Can the person accompanying you on the date of surgery come into the Recovery Room? If so, how long after surgery can they see you? Everyone I've met at TLBC including staff and bandsters has been great. Congratulations on your success thus far.

Tres

Ok Tres good luck to you as well hope yall stick to your pre op diet I talked to a girl in one thread who said she had to have the surgery twice because the first time her doc. couldn't get the band in around her liver because it was so big, so I guess it really is important to stick to the plan, I wish I could have slimfast on mine they are making me drink a diabetic weight loss shake called glucerna that is 9 dollars for 4 freaking cans!! They say it dosen't have sugar and thats y!

Hello,

I am having my band done on this Fri the 12Jan and did not require a pre-op, my BMI is only 35 which may have something to do with it. But I have been trying to do it on my own so I am prepared afterwards~ not going so well since I just dipped a cookie in my Protein shake! Anyone found a good way to take Protein Shakes? Mine tastes like baby tylenol right now and I can't get it down.

Take care and good luck,

Sara

You want to stick to the pre-op diet your Dr. suggested. I think it's interesting how much they differ from one Dr. to the next. Doiing the pre-op diet helps in many ways... it shrinks the liver so it's not so in the way of the stomach as they put the band around it. My Dr. said one lady didn't do it and when they got in there her liver was to big and they closed her up and she had to go back home and do it and come back again...that would soooo be bad:straight Also your stomach is so tender after surgery that I can't imagine eating heavy before the surgery and it needs time for the sewlling to go down and get back to normal. Good luck and no cheating! You will be happier:clap2:

I'm scheduled to go in 6 weeks. My Dr. has a list of foods (basically low to no carbs, fruits, vegies & protien:faint: ). I should have started in December when I went in for my consult but did only for a few days, (then x-mas & new years stress eating started). I started back today (I did sneak 5 or 6 cheese puffs) and plan to do my best to stick to it, there are a few more foods I would like to have for the last time, but there are so many I love that I think if I keep that mentality I will be eating until the day of surgery.

Any pointers on not giving in to the cravings?

hopeful07: Don't think of foods as if you can never have them again... most foods you will be able to eat later just in smaller quanities. Do what you need to do for now. Sometimes when I get cravings I eat something else I can have and then I go do something that has needed to be done for a while; like clean out a drawer, or take a walk around the block. Usually the craving will pass. Keep up the good work and you will be rewarded with surgery!

Hello All,

I'm new to the site, and thus far have been wowed at how great everyone is. I can't believe that I didn't know about the existence of a place like this before when I was considering the surgery!

Like you, Tres Chic, I am also having my surgery on Feb. 1 at the TLBC. I am getting excited!

Just wanted to say hello. Good luck to everyone!

Hey, I see my post! I'm going to start questions. I went to an information session (my second) on the banding last night. I have been considering this for a while. Have looked into it before but was discouraged by the doctor that did the first info session that I went to because she only did gastric bypass and didn't think much of banding. I weight about 220 lbs and think that the band is a better option for me.

One of my questions is can I eat the following foods after the procedure?

In moderation, little bites, and all:

Piazza?,

Nuts ?(one of my best sources of Protein - I'm not big on meat, esp in AM)

Pasta?

Italian Sausage ?

And how about liquid or Water consumption? Every other "normal" program I have tried requires lots of Water and I have difficulty with this because I have to pee all the time and my job doesn't always make this easy.

Anyway, I hope someone answers my questions. Thanks.

Bandaid4me