Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So the doctor is picked out, surgery is scheduled for August 6th, scheduled to go on liquids next Tuesday for two weeks and I am literally scared to death of the surgery. This happened before my hysterectomy and another surgery I had too but geeze I feel overwhelmed with it all. Any suggestions? Hints? An offer to knock some sense into me? Thanks!

So the doctor is picked out, surgery is scheduled for August 6th, scheduled to go on liquids next Tuesday for two weeks and I am literally scared to death of the surgery. This happened before my hysterectomy and another surgery I had too but geeze I feel overwhelmed with it all. Any suggestions? Hints? An offer to knock some sense into me? Thanks!

The two-week preop diet was worse than the surgery! :lol:

Seriously, for me the first hour in recovery was the worst. I had this gas pain that wouldn't go away. They saw I was in discomfort, offered me pain meds, and I took them. By the time they were wheeling me to my room I was laughing and joking with my wife and the guy pushing me. I never had any issues with my incisions and all in all, I'd do it again in heartbeat.

Actually terrified. I has seen something on the Discovery channel a few yrs ago about "ACCIDENTAL AWARENESS". So I was sure I was gunna be the 1 in a million or so that experience it. Didn't have to do but a 24 hrs liquid diet. Had my surgery this past Tues and got home today. In alot more pain than I had expected (he had to literally cut my band off cuz it had eroded into my stomach), so I'm hoping that the reason and it's not becuz I'm a woos.

Totally normal to be scared. If you weren't scared, we may think something is wrong with u!!!

I was pretty terrified as soon as I got my surgery date scheduled. I tried not to think too much about the actual surgery (my first ever), and just focused on following the pre-op plan. Then, 2 days before surgery, I think my brain caught up to reality. I was going to do this, and there was no turning back, period. Somehow, that realization soothed me. My husband and 2 friends were with me the morning I checked into the hospital and kept me cheerful and distracted. They were there as soon as they wheeled me out of recovery and into my room, and the rest is history. 6 weeks out now, no complications, hardly any pain, eating real food (muuuch smaller amounts, of course!). Good luck on your journey!

Shoot.... the only reason I had it done in a hospital was cause insurance insisted and the hospital said I could have all the sugar free popsicles I wanted!

Otherwise, I was planning on doing it myself in the garage. Got me a couple of those can grabbers and treated my stomach like my favorite "big grab crane game!" Wouldn't even need a local, just a six pack of beer to steady my hand.

post-46516-13813667854797_thumb.jpg

post-46516-13813667855039_thumb.jpg

I had a few twinges during the three month qualifying stage but I also had my first real jitters about the surgery right before I started the two week liquid diet. I guess that is what made it real for me. I too think what you are experiencing is normal and to be expected. For me personally my faith is what calmed me and got me through. The only "trouble" I had was recovering from the anesthesia. I threw up in recovery because of it and wanted to be left alone to sleep instead of going to radiology to drink the gross stuff and have them take a picture of my stomach. I was a little sore the next day kind of like I had done sit-ups. The best advice I have for you is to make sure you keep a positive attitude. Expect to have a good outcome, expect to do well. Will be praying for you!

Shoot.... the only reason I had it done in a hospital was cause insurance insisted and the hospital said I could have all the sugar free popsicles I wanted!

Otherwise, I was planning on doing it myself in the garage. Got me a couple of those can grabbers and treated my stomach like my favorite "big grab crane game!" Wouldn't even need a local, just a six pack of beer to steady my hand.

DUDE! :D

Thanks everyone!! Nancy thank you for prayers!!

So the doctor is picked out' date=' surgery is scheduled for August 6th, scheduled to go on liquids next Tuesday for two weeks and I am literally scared to death of the surgery. This happened before my hysterectomy and another surgery I had too but geeze I feel overwhelmed with it all. Any suggestions? Hints? An offer to knock some sense into me? Thanks![/quote']

Think about how HOT you're going to look keep your eye on the prize you'll be skinny in no time..

The comments are hilarious!

I'm scared too and don't even have a date set.

BUT.

How scary is it to keep living as we do now?

I'll take surgery any day.

Good luck!

I'm thinking of not doing it now. I'm really afraid that I will be that 1 person that has complications and will forever be regretting this.

post-46516-13813667854797_thumb.jpg

post-46516-13813667855039_thumb.jpg

LOL. Thanks for the laugh!

I can honestly say I am not even a little scared. My surgery is the 31st. I handed this over to God and I have a certain peace. :-). I'm excited for next wed!