Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Wow BMAN!!! Sounds like you had an exciting weekend for sure!! Between you and NAT I feel like I have no Life! :eek:

So, just curious....do you not think that you and this Friend could ever step it up a notch and be more than friends and have a real relationship?? Or do you know too much about him and know that he's not a good LTR kinda guy??

Brandy....so sorry you're not feeling well!! Hope you feel better soon!

Annie...I have no idea about the starvation mode thing....It would be a great question for Dr. OZ on Oprah! :eek:

B-man, your story was exactly what I needed to read to lift my spirits on a hectic Monday morning! Glad you and the boy had such a good time and didn't damage the friendship - that's SO cool! :eek: So thanks for sharing!

BBK - I really hope you get better!

Banannie -- Yes, I know how he is with other girls.... and yes, sometimes I think I know way too much becuase I know EVERYTHING. Like I said, he is a ladies man, and is NOT ready to settle down. Have you ever watched 'Two and A Half Men'.... a series on TV?? He is the "Charlie" character. He loves women.

Which was why I thought it odd when he wanted nothing to do with any of them Friday night.

But heck, Ive always wondered... what if we both arent married in 5-10 years. He finally settles down a bit. You just never know.

The difference between me and the "other girls" is that he doesnt care about them, and he WOULD have slept with them. He does care about me and he didn't. Thats where it gets fuzzy. He confused himself this time. He kept saying, "I am not supposed to be hitting on you." I would laugh and say, "well, you are certainly doing a good job of it."

He would get this big goofy grin and say, "I am aren't I?"

I think, more than anything, he suprised himself. He certainly suprised me.

I was even more suprised, however, with how comfortable I was with the whole thing, and how much I found myself "NOT" wanting to say no. I dont even like guys hitting on me anymore. I don't want them to touch me or look at me. I think it was different with him becuase he is someone I care alot about. I felt safe. It was so nice to lay there and have him hold me. THAT is what i missed more than anything. Just having someone close.

I am just still not over my husband. BUT Eric knew all about that, and so it was like he understood... which made it ok. He asked me how long it had been. I told him noone since my husband. And he just hugged me and didnt say anything else at all. So, I never felt like it was wrong.

Just not the right time. :-)

You've got a great attitude on this - really! Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, girl! :eek: Very healthy attitude!

And your weight loss is amazing! WTG! You'll have to share what you've been doing since we all wanna be like you!

Well, honest truth on eating???

I drank all my calories this weekend and didnt exercise once,:eek: unless you count the "rough housing" friday night till 5am... haha

Ive been no role model lately!!

My last fill is just hardcore. I cant eat more than a 1/2 cup at a time. (until evening) and then i just steer clear of food. I am eating very very little... and i was sick last week... that got me moving again with the weight. I wouldnt suggest catching a stomach virus though. It was horrible. I am still sore.

wow - my busy weekend was completely boring compared to all of yours!

Bman - he might be Chandler to your Monica... hmmm? shall we start calling you Monica? Sounds like fun - confusing, innocent fun - and you know the very best husbands always start as great friends. I wish my fill was hardcore - thats what I need.

Natster - girl 7 pounds? Sounds like Florida and Chicago did you in! I'd be in the same boat. I'm still whining about 199 - I can't get below it - I even curved up towards 201 but this morning was 199 AGAIN! I'm getting a fill too. I need just a little more to get me where I want to be. The stroller sounds like a good idea - Little man will love it - even if you just walk it'll be good for both of you.

Bk - did I tell you I eat whatever I make the family? I also use the crockpot - all the time! Today I have corned beef and cabbage in it. I always make my roast beef with potatos, carrots, green Beans, corn, potatoes, or whatever in it - I throw a pack of dried onion Soup mix on top and its always good. They even have crockpot dinners in the freezer dept now - I've only tried one once because I usually make my stuff from scratch. Roast pork and sauerkraut is good, and also country style pork ribs in BBQ Sauce - all quick to throw together and easy to serve. I even stick a whole chicken in it. I just rub with oil, salt, pepper and paprika and its the moistest chicken you've ever eaten - I don't even add Water.

Va - glad you're feeling better - I would've gotten the runs too - flu always hits me like that.

Can we talk poop? I am having a hard time getting used to this - I get constipated then I finally go - and let me tell you its alot of work and pain when I finally do go - then its the runs for the rest of the day - I'll go 4-5 times. Then I'm constipated again for 2-3 days - I've always been regular to the point of setting my watch to it. Anyone else having problems? I think I get all my water in but maybe I'm not.

Annie banannie - yes I believe in the starvation mode - now if you have a high calorie day and then go back to what you've been doing I bet you drop a bunch. Give a try and see if it works. As far as gastric bypass remember their bodies are screwed up anyway - seriously - there isn't a way to absorb any extra calories. Most of their stomach is gone and part of the intestine so even if their bodies think they are in starvation how would it get anymore then what it is getting? Malabsorption is one of the key factors of gastric bypass.

I know I get long - bear with me. Sorry.

I just have to tell you I went to church yesterday - I had missed 2 weeks - well everyone was telling me how good I looked! I've only lost 3 pounds since this last fill - 2 weeks ago! LOL I was smiling from ear to ear - not because of the compliments but because I thought it was so funny that everyone could tell! Actually I think what happened is that they hadn't seen me in 3 weeks so they had forgotten what I looked like and when I walked in it probably was like wow Steph really has lost weight. Remember I told the people at church but not at work - the golf pro came in on Friday and he didn't mention a word about my weight. None of the members I've seen have either - so I really wonder if its noticable or not. I need to lose 20 more lbs to get to where I was when I started working here five years ago - I was really hoping I would be able to do it before May but now I'm wondering if its going to happen.

B-man congrats on the wild weekend we all deserve one of those

steph you are great and I am so happy everyone at church noticed you

you prob lost some inches

boo I am sick too thrown up about 6 times today very sick I was worried my band slipped or something because I couldn't keep nothing down but now I am eating A FEW pretzels AND THEY ARE STAYING DOWN THANK U LORD

And Steph I Have Had No Trouble In The Poop Dept

I Add Fiber To Most Meals The Tasteless Fiber One And I Go Almost Daily You Should Try That

BK...So sorry you've got a bug too!!! Must be going around the list! :-( Hope you feel better soon!!!

I'm finally able to eat and drink and keep everything in again....still achy I think b/c I'm still dehydrated, but hope to be back to normal tomorrow.

i just feel like it...

i had flu 4 weeks ago ,now im loaded with heavy cold ...its so not my turn

although by the sounds of things im doing good as im not spewing my guts or band up ..omg bman that sounded sore im so hoping i dont ever get bad vomitting bug !! glad you all seem to be getting better and your weight loss stats looking good .i finally made it to under the 240lbs ...238 :clap2: 32 pounds lost,i was thinking i was going to stick there forever although i keep thinking one more pound i can say im 16 stone something rather than 17 stone it just sounds better ..lol.

also my band seems to have got tighter now :) does it take time to kick in..lol ,,anyway im not complaining i have good restriction and cant wait to shift this cold as im really wanting to go to gym but my nose dripping like tap and i keep coughing up yukky stuff :) .

i hope to be fighting fit by next week ..take care all you :sick people .. hugs nikki

I hope everyone is feeling better soon - I swear by zinc. I had that horrible cold, the one that I thought I would die from, lol, it only lasted 2 bad days and another sniffly day. But you have to take zinc as soon as you start sneezing or feel like you might be catching something.

Good news - I can see robins outside! Spring is on its way!

Hello ladies!

Well, I ended up getting a slight unfill at 8:30 last night! My last fill was on 2/28, and was fine until last Friday. Since then I've been getting progressively tighter, to the point that I could only get down a few well chewed bites even late in the day, with lots of pain and "golf ball" feelings - I almost PB'd yesterday at lunch (still haven't, thank goodness!).

At 8pm I was sitting in my doc's monthly group meeting and could only sip my Water with little sips and had it painfully gurgle its way past the band(I didn't eat dinner, bad Annie). After the meeting, I asked Jessie (who did my last fill) if she thought I was too tight, fully assuming that if she said yes I'd have to call the next morning and make an appointment, and she said yes, but come on back, let's do it now. She took out 0.2cc's and I feel MUCH better today - I was still tight this morning, but can drink my water. I'll try food at lunch and see how it goes...

Annie Good Luck I Know The Golfball Feeling All Too Well

I Am Much Beter Today Went To Subway And Had A salad Ate Quiet A Bit Of It But I Feel Like I Did Not Over Due It

Nikki Hope You Get Better Being Sick Is A Big Pain In The Butt

Steph U Are Right Spring Is On Its Way Hip Hip Hooray It Is 77 Degrees In Tn Today Go Us

Claudia How Are U Doing I Have Not Seen That Ticker Change I Know Mine Hasn't Either But Still

I Have Lost Ounces

bk - 77 degrees! Thats summer for PA - no thats like August! LOL Our high has been around 52 - but they're calling for snow this weekend.

Today I had a bunch of errands to do, so I grabbed a cheeseburger from McD's - I hadn't eaten anything at all this morning and was "starved" I took a bite and got the golf ball - so I took a drink of Water and at this point I'm going through the atm at the bank... I'm thinking oh Lord help me.. I opened the door thinking ok I'll pb ... no such luck... so I pulled around the bank to the parking lot and sat there a minute... opened the door and pb'd - yuk. It wasn't like throwing up, it was like it was just stuck in my chest and up came the water and a bite of cheeseburger .. then I moved my car and went in and got my nails done. About an hour later I came back out, pulled off some of the bun and ate my burger. How weird is that. I came home and I ate a handfull or 2 of tortilla chips, a cup of ice cream, a pack of pb (peanut butter) crackers - WTF is going on with me? Am I just hogging it for no reason? Even the pb today was that just cause I was so hungry I took too big of a bite? I'm so freaking confused! To top it all off I'm going in for a slight fill tomorrow! I don't know what to tell the dr - ok so I'm a pig - Evenings are horrible for me, I want to snack all evening - its really pissing me off. Whats going on? I read Banannies post about needing an unfill and I'm thinking I must not have enough because theres nothing stopping me from over eating. HELP!