Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know many have said about this 6 month requirement of the insurance but I'm upset! I really want this surgery ASAP. I don't want be suffering from diabetes and obesity anymore. How will I get through the six months. ** encouraging words needed :(

I did not have the six month requirement, but had to lose 10% of my weight, from my first visit to my surgery was 5 months. In that time there was a lot of appointments, tests and things that I had to do in order to prepare for the surgery. Take this time to make sure you have everything in line and prepared and it will be here before you know it!!!

I know 6 months is tough, but it could be worse. It will go by quickly, just do what you need to do, and wait it out. I had to do the 6 month wait 3 times! It took me 10 years to have my surgery. Long story, lots of issues. But I stuck with it, and am so glad I did. Sure, I wish I could have had it done 10 years ago, and didn't have to go thru insurance approval and the 6 month wait 3 times, but in the end I am just thankful I was able to have the surgery. Better late than never.

My last appointment is November 26th and my surgeon wants me to lose 20 pounds

The great thing is that you are so motivated for the surgery! Hang in there - it will come faster than you think!

I had to do the six month wait and it's flown by! I do my last diet class this month and then I have an appointment on August 1st and I'm officially done and I can get a surgery date! It will fly by! :D

I only had to do a 5 month wait but it will be 6 months since my seminar (required by the hospital)when I have my surgery on July 26th. At the beginning it seems so far away but it really did go by super fast. Use your 6 months to get as prepared as you can.

Good Luck!

I understand what you mean. I also have to wait 6 months. Im going on my 3rd visit at the end of the month and it feels like forever. I talk about it every day and visit this website through out the day. Be patient and sit back and just pick up all the information you can.

I think its bs to have to wait. I think there should be some kind of test standardized for vsg & if u pass you go up the waiting list.

Everyone says how the wait gave them time to get their s--t together & they really liked it.

I call BS on that.

It sucks & is un-necessary. I know more about vsg than my Nut. The classes are a joke.

If someone is serious about this surgery they'll put in the work to find answers or ask here. 1 week of reading posts here & I can teach the damn classes.

allons-y

I'm on 3 of 6 months. Though it is a drag I'm actually kind if thankful. I'm learning a lot, find my classes and seminars mostly beneficial and am using the time to gradually make some changes. I'm finding a lot of info so I'm asking more informed questions of my doctor and nut. I'm also finding out a lot about my current habits and reasons why I got to the point I need surgery. Imo the positives of the 6 months outweigh the negative.