Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe I'm going to say this...

but I wish I had never had the band done. :) It makes me sad to say it because I am losing weight, but I am sick to death of throwing up multiple times a day.

I have gone to the doctor, everything is fine. I'm apparently not chewing well enough. Whatever, I puke up mashed potatoes. What's to chew? I throw up Soup, and tea. I have really had enough. I even asked my surgeon about bypass, which I have never been interested in.

I'm thinking about a total unfill and taking my chances for awhile.

:mad:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You are probably making the right choice to have it unfilled. I hope you aren't blaming yourself for this- it almost sounds like your surgeon doesn't want to accept that maybe the band just didn't work for you but if you can't even keep tea down, it is NOT a chewing problem.I wish you luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

it oviouly your choice but dont give up .. you be ok .. maybe its what your eating . mash potato for me was not good didnt threw up but i had a little pain . try smaller amounts . I cant have hot tea I could only have cold milk , tea or liquids everyone is diffrent .. :) smile your not alone ..ok

clau

You need to go on liquids-only for a few days until your swelling goes down. Everytime I have had a PB, the 24-hour liquid routine has really helped. Also, aloe vera juice is healing.

It is not easy to slow down and avoid the foods that get stuck.

I agree with Boo, I've found that I'm ultra sensitive after a pb. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

What size band do you have? How much fill do you have? Some people in my support group can only tolerate small fills. As for myself I have had 2 fills and am up to 2.5cc in my 4cc band and feel very little restriction. Maybe taking everything out and trying to start over little by little would help. I hate to see you give up and go to bypass. If something goes wrong with that your stuck for LIFE. I also hate to think your not feeling well. I hope you can figure something out, it looks like your doing great in the weight loss department. I definately understand were if you don't feel well it doesn't probably feel worth it. Any support you need just let me know.

Definitely, something is wrong. I would guess that you are in a cycle of PB and inflammation that is not being broken. liquids only is worth a try. Next, I would get unfilled. Constant PBing is not the proper life of a bandster. Maybe starting over would be good for you...take smaller fills when you are ready to start again, and be happy with less restriction.

Remember you can't compare your fill level to anyone else's...it's tempting, but you can't do it. This is a very individual process.

Good luck!

I agree with the other comments. I would get an unfill and give yourself a rest. Gradually get fills, smaller at each time, until you feel the right restriction. You are irritated and need to rest. If after you have given it another try it doesn't work, then go to plan b. Look at my history of fills and you will see that I can't tolerate large fills. I only PB after 6-10 after a fill. It is usually because I have gotten over .5 at any one time. The rest of the time I live quite normally with no PBing. I know now that I can only get a .3 fill at any given time.

Good luck to you with whatever choice you make.

I would go in for an unfill. That should take care of the problem. It just sounds like you are overfilled. You should not be throwing up mashed potatoes. I'm surprised your doctor hasn't suggested an unfill. Good luck.

Jack, thank you for that explaination. I always thought the spasm thing was just something I had to take a bite and sit through before I could finish my meal... I'll try it your way and see what comes of it :)

I agree with most of the other posters that you need a rest of some kind... be it liquids for a few days, or a small unfill. You should NOT be throwing up all the time, and your doctor should not allow it to continue. One way or the other, you need some relief. I'd be inclined to get a complete unfill for a couple of weeks just for the rest for your stomach. Feel better.

The band is a lifetime commitment, I have been banded for just over a year and I keep learning more and more how it works and how I must work with it. I know you are frustrated but sit back relax follow the advice above and begin to take your time to learn how to manage your band.

One of the most important things I have learned by participating in this site is how unique the band experience is for each person. What may work for some doesn't work for others but going slowly and learning what works for you will hopefully bring about positive results.

You need to find your answers and the good folks on this site will give you great advice along with possible solutions but the band is a tool not the solution. Learn to use your tool. {Don't go there :)}

Try this:

1. Go on liquids for two days.

2. While on liquids, drink milk with honey and a teaspoon of tumeric stirred in twice a day (morning and night). In addition, take 2 ounces of aloe vera morning and evening.

3. After your two days are over, follow this rountine:

- Protien shake or other liquid in the morning, every morning. NO SOLIDS!

- Soft/easy lunch in TINY TINY TINY bites, chewed to death. Chili, Soup, whatever is an "easy" food for you.

- One to two glasses of wine before dinner. Normal dinner, small bites chewed well.

Since adopting these guidelines I went from throwing up 1-2 times a week to over four weeks with no vomiting.

Best of luck.

If Sunta's plan doesn't work - then definitely go in and have at least a SMALL unfill. If letting the inflamation die down for a few days doesn't fix the problem, then you need an unfil - no matter what your doc says.

Slower loss is better than losing fast and damaging your body or your band.

Hugs!

I thought I would share this article with you, if you read thru it, it has the the facts of when you reach restriction, too much or too little. What causes PB (spitting up) etc. I hope this helps, its about "what you need to know about living with the band."

http://www.lapbandlifestyle.com/Pages/LapBandLifestyleRulesroad.shtml