Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~January Chat!

:heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

HA HA HA I went for my first "night" at the gym. I did ONE minute on the elliptical and my HR was 150 and my legs were JELLY. So I took a two minute break and did it again. Repeated that one more time and then I was done for the night.

Whew I knew it was gonna be bad but please.

Onward and upward (but really downward).

Myra

Congratulations DrewsLou! Hopefully you will post pics of a rollerderby night...is it as rough as it looks out there?

I didn't make the 'I have a dream' challenge...for me it was just a dream. :phanvan

My weight just kept yoyo-ing. But on to the next challenge and I used January 15th as my start date. :) I have a very bad chest cold and feel like a used rug...but my weight has started coming off again so not all bad.

Glad everyone else is doing so well. :clap2:

Hugs,

Janey

MVPO8961-Hey, you are doing better than me...I have yet to step foot in a gym! Keep it up, you will be staying on the machine way longer before you know it. I did notice yesterday that stairs have gotten MUCH easier and less painful...it's a beautiful thing. :)

JCBYdesign-Get better soon! Glad your scale is moving...it's no fun when it's stuck...

Myra - That was pretty much my experience on an eleptical. I knew it would be hard so I set a goal of 5 minutes. I lasted 2 the first time and 3 the second time and I havn't gotten back on one since. The machines taunt me from afar! So for now I'll stick to the pool, skiing, and playing racquetball. Those I can handle!

As for me - I can taste -100. I have lost 98.7 pounds. Unfortunately, my TOM is early next week and I usually gain 2-3 pounds a couple of days before it starts. Those extra pounds usually stay on for a week (no matter what I do) before I start losing again. If that happens this month, I think I might go crazy.

I've become a scale whore this weekend. Today I actually comtemplated not eating until I peed enough to see -100. I hate it when I obsess like this. It's just a number! But it is a number I would really like to reach...SOON! Wish me luck!

I know what you mean about the scale. I got a fill Tuesday and I keep hopping on and off waiting to see some more movement.:bored

Unfortunately I won't be going to the gym today or tomorrow. Wouldn't you know the day after I go for the first time they have an OPEN HOUSE. Hundreds of people going through looking around. Not me I will have to wait for Monday for my second round with the elliptical monster.

Congrats on the soon to be in the CENTURY CLUB. I can see where that could drive a person to the brink:crazy: when waiting for that important milestone.:nervous

Myra

Hello Maysters! You're posts have been very entertaining this week!

Linda -- Oh, that's what I've been.....a scale whore! But I'm happy to say that it is moving......very slowly. I've been sitting right at 200 now for a few days. I even had the scale flash 199 one morning. I was so excited! But it was back up to 200 the next day. But that's much better than 203 - 204 that it had been flashing at me.

Drew -- way to go! A ROLLER DERBY! How exciting. I bet the training will get you down to your "fighting weight" pretty quick.

Myra -- oh, your elliptical story made me laugh! The first time I got on an elliptical, it was the same way. One minute and I was dead. Then the next time, I found out that I had the resistance much too high! So I made sure it was at 0 and it was so very much easier. I got to where I really enjoyed working on the elliptical. Now.....if I could just get motivated enough to get down to the gym to use it again!

I feel it in my clothes that I'm finally on the downward track again. The secret for me has been Water, water, water. The only other thing I drink is a glass of ice tea for dinner occassionally. Maybe in the next couple of days, I will be firmly in Onederland?????

Kelli - I have the same problems with being tight one day and wide open the next. I asked my surgeon's nurse about it and she said stress will cause you to tighten. She said if you feel that way to drink something hot and take deep breaths.

Drews - CONGRATS on the Roller Derby! I want to see pics! You are gonna have a hot bod after all that training.

Myra - hang in there w/ the elliptical. It gets easier after time.

Linda - WOW - almost 100! You rock. I can totally relate about being a scale whore and the pee/weigh thing!

Janey - Your weightloss is awesome even if you missed your 1/15 goal. You are so close to goal!

You guys are cracking me up about the elliptical. I actually LOVE that machine. I first tried it back in August and only could manage a few minutes but I can do 30ish now. I think I love it because it burns so MANY calories. It goes by much faster now that I have my I-pod! I'm training (along w/ Neal and Drews) for a 5K so I hit the treadmill more than the ellipitcal now. I have more energy than ever here lately.

I'm afraid I won't make my V-Day challenge either. The weight has been clinging for many weeks now. I am dropping inches though so maybe I am gaining muscle. I still would like to see 175!

URRRRR!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!! I saw 225 for a couple of days, now the scale has been stuck at 226 for two weeks! I NEED THAT FILL!

Elliptical - GO MYRA! You'll get there. Before long you'll be up to 30 minutes! Keep up the good work!

Drews - I'm sooo excited for you about the roller derby! You are gonna kick butt! That will be awesome exercise and you get to slam people around to take out your frustrations.

Right now I'd like to take a sledge hammer to my scales.. this is starting to depress me! Been on TOM last few days so my band has been really tight. I've been eating like a bird, and STILL NO WEIGHT LOSS! URRRGH!

Alicia-Stress is definitely part of it and it hadn't even dawned on me until you said that! I really have a hard time at restaurants, and now I know why. Maybe I should order a hot tea before my meal, or an irish coffee. :confused:

Congrats to all of you Maysters who are almost to Onederland...I can't imagine how excited you must be!

Have a great week everyone. :confused:

Kelli

Kim.... I wondered the same thing! I will PM paladin today and let you know what I find out!

Happy Monday! Yuck! I didn't sleep very well last night, just kept waking up and waking up. Thank god for Starbucks this morning! I am soooooo excited about starting training camp for roller derby this week! I got my pads and stuff yesterday and went and watched the girls practice/scrimmage and orderd my skates. The reactions from my friends and family have been so awesome! Everyone has been very supportive and can't wait to come check me out. Friday night hubby and I went out to Celebrate with my BIL and SIS... I drank a bit more than I should have and Saturday was a bit rough but we had a great time.

I am going in for a fill tomorrow... not a moment too soon! I haven't lost anything for a few weeks now... YIKES!!

Have a good one!

Peace.

Thanks Drews! Pads and skates? Awesome! Good luck with the fill! I'm jealous because I have two more weeks to wait it out and stare at that damn unmoving scale!

Drews funny you mention about not sleeping. At 5 am this morning I was still awake. I guess I have a bunch on my mind lately and a lot of things on my mind lately. I couldn't bear to go work today. I do NOT function well with no sleep. Fortunately it is the beginning of the year and I have over 30 days of time off to use. I hate to waste them on crap like this though. I am SO ready for a fill!