Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new to all this and i will hopefully be having the procedure done in January and i am trying to find out someideas on who to go to for the mental evaluation I live in citrus county, fl and will be having the op in Ocala, fl by dr. Jawad so if any body know of any Dr. please let me know thanks

When I was looking for a psych eval, I called some local Dr.'s and they couldn't be bothered to help me, so I called My surgeon's office and they had 2 or 3 they work with. It was a piece of cake. As soon as they heard who was doing the surgery, the psych asked me like 10 questions and wrote his report while I waited. What a difference. Same with the nutritional consult. I called 2 others and they were totally against WLS and didn't want anything to do with the evaluation. I went to the Nutritionist they recommended and poof!!! Eval sent the next day. Insurance approval 2 days later. Yee Hawww!!!

I would call your surgeon. It was a hugh difference.

Wendy

Hey Wendy: Where are you from? My surgeon didn't have a particular one they work with so I was on my own.. but yes.. I called several places and a couple of them couldn't be bothered with me.

My surgeon in Melbourne, Florida also had both Psyc and Nutirionists they worked with. But it was far from a quick easy evaluation of just a few minutes. At my psyc exam, I feel like the Doc really had my best interest in mind, and the nutritionist spent loads of time with me answering questions and giving me sound advice and counselling about diet restriction's etc.

All in all, I felt the experience with both was positive, and made me feel good about my choice in physician and in doing the lap band procedure in general.

When I was looking for a psych eval, I called some local Dr.'s and they couldn't be bothered to help me, so I called My surgeon's office and they had 2 or 3 they work with. It was a piece of cake. As soon as they heard who was doing the surgery, the psych asked me like 10 questions and wrote his report while I waited. What a difference. Same with the nutritional consult. I called 2 others and they were totally against WLS and didn't want anything to do with the evaluation. I went to the Nutritionist they recommended and poof!!! Eval sent the next day. Insurance approval 2 days later. Yee Hawww!!!

I would call your surgeon. It was a hugh difference.

Wendy

I should clarify about the psyc evaluation. I am not so sure that all the evals are so quick. I just know mine was. I was being nosey in the waiting room and the woman in front of me who was there for the same reason as me had to come back for several visits. I remember thinking that this was going to be a pain, but he asked me some questions and that was it. I was approved for 10 visits through me insurance if needed, but I guess I didn't need them. They can't help those that are nosey I guess. HA HA

Tracy,

I am from Northern MA. I'm freezing Here burrrrr!!!!

Hello. I am in the preliminary phase of "PRE LAP BAND" I have my meeting with the surgeon this month then a lengthy and in depth psych evaluation (approximately 3 hours long) I have had issues with bulimia over the years in which I have sought counseling for and am still currently in counseling but my bulimia is resolved. Is this something I should LEAVE OUT on my questionaire?? Could this affect me getting approved? Any one know??

I had mine yesterday..... All my insurance requires is a letter stating that I'm of sound stable mind to make my own health decisions........

BUT, one place I called said they require at least 3 visits, the place I ended up with was a 3 hour visit, including an interview with him (and his intern) and then 567 True/False questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said he'd try to get my results by the 25th............... oh and it cost me $200 out of pocket. (I tried using my Flex Spending Card, but it was declined so I had to put it on my personal card... but I filed for a refund yesterday)