Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone ever taken a cruise 3 weeks after surgery? My family wants to take one. Only one person knows what I am doing. Not excited about being on a boat but don't to miss valuable time with family members. The alternative would be me being home by myself

Has anyone taken a cruise so close post op?

Been on a few cruises but not since surgery. You will have a blast and if people ask why you dont eat much ... just say motion sickness lol

I wouldnt miss a cruise for anything

Good luck

Has anyone ever taken a cruise 3 weeks after surgery? My family wants to take one. Only one person knows what I am doing. Not excited about being on a boat but don't to miss valuable time with family members. The alternative would be me being home by myself

Has anyone taken a cruise so close post op?

I took one at six weeks out (had JUST been cleared for regular food) and it was incredibly obvious that I wasn't eating "normally" (I had to reassure the dining staff at every meal that the food was fine). At 3 weeks, there's no way you can keep it a secret. With preparation you can definitely do it and have a great time, but you have to accept that your family members will notice your eating habits and have some sort of explanation prepared (I recommend the truth, but YMMV).

I still remember my cruise from last July. It would have been very hard for me to keep to my "approved" foods list. Lots of high fat/high carb stuff in the food court. Very few soft foods.

I am going on a cruise in 4 weeks which will put me 7 weeks out!!!! I have been on them before and know all of the food available, but have to realize this time I will not be able to eat it!!!

I just returned from a cruise....I was 8weeks post op...and it was great. There are food options for you(eggs, Soups, fish) ...and I brought some Protein Shakes and bars with me just in case. I only ended up eating one. I had no problems at all. My caution to your wouldn't be the food....but that I wouldn't have physically felt up to it at three weeks. It seems that others recovered physically way faster than me though

Cruises are known for wanting to please you any way they can. I would try to talk to someone beforehand, tell them your situation and ask what accommodations they can make for you. Maybe they can make smoothies or other soft foods specifically for you?

Cruises are known for wanting to please you any way they can. I would try to talk to someone beforehand, tell them your situation and ask what accommodations they can make for you. Maybe they can make smoothies or other soft foods specifically for you?

ditto to this! Cruise employees are very accommodating

LOL.. I don't know, staying home alone sounds mighty tempting to me ;)

LOL.. I don't know' date=' staying home alone sounds mighty tempting to me ;)[/quote']

^^^THIS!!!!!! 4 Sure ;0)