Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair is getting to thick.. Anyone else ?

I was sleeved on may 20th and I am finding my hair is growing like crazy.. Head & legs did anyone else have this issue ? I wear my hair in a pony tale a lot and I am finding my hair is getting too heavy we'll I just wanted to see if anyone is having this issue and what they did I'm scared to cut my hair if its going to start thinning soon

Wow! That is opposite of what I've been reading here LOL. I've been loosing hair lately before surgery...so I sure hope my hair begins to reverse and grow like that :)

Enjoy your thick hair while you have it. Unfortunately unless you are a freak of nature, you will lose a lot of it. Mine started around the 3 months mark and Ive stopped losing at the 6 month mark but now Im waiting for the regrowth.

Yes! It happened to me. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long. My hair and nails are crap now! LOL. Small price to pay in my opinion.

My hair is falling out in clumps. Luckily, I have a lot of it to spare! I actually like the somewhat thinner look of my hair.

Enjoy your thick hair while you have it. Unfortunately unless you are a freak of nature' date=' you will lose a lot of it. Mine started around the 3 months mark and Ive stopped losing at the 6 month mark but now Im waiting for the regrowth.[/quote']

That's what I'm afraid of... So I shouldn't go have my hair thinned out??

That's what I'm afraid of... So I shouldn't go have my hair thinned out??

No and NO! You will regret it. Just enjoy it because if you are anything like the majority of us, youll be losing it in clumps soon. I certainly like to think that there is someone that hasnt lost a ton of hair but I havent met one yet. If there is one, I bow to them cause they are one lucky mutha-lova!

like to think that there is someone that hasnt lost a ton of hair but I havent met one

Bunny et al

i've always worn my hair short

my hair is very thin

I only lost a teeny, teeny bit of hair

since my hair is so thin anyways - it was hard to tell if i had lost some hair

my hairdresser acknowledged that i lost that teeny bit over a time period

i always see the posts about people losing hair, luckily i didn't lose any hair

like OP said - losing weight/losing hair - ends justify the means

15 years ago i went through chemo

same thing - lost all my hair

but i became healthy

the ends justify the means

take care

kathy

My hair started thinning around 4 months. It grows slow but finally a little over a year later, it was thick all the way to the ends again. At least as thick as pre-op and maybe a little thicker because I am taking tons of Vitamins and eating right every day.

Lynda

I wouldn't be too worried about hair growing in thicker or leg hair growing in faster, unless you have to braid your leg hairs so you don't trip over them! :D The few people I know that have had WLS in my real life, have all said they lost a bunch of hair just months after surgery but it's all grown back in! WHEW! My hair is the ONLY thing I have going for me! :unsure:

Bunny et al

i've always worn my hair short

my hair is very thin

I only lost a teeny, teeny bit of hair

since my hair is so thin anyways - it was hard to tell if i had lost some hair

my hairdresser acknowledged that i lost that teeny bit over a time period

i always see the posts about people losing hair, luckily i didn't lose any hair

like OP said - losing weight/losing hair - ends justify the means

15 years ago i went through chemo

same thing - lost all my hair

but i became healthy

the ends justify the means

take care

kathy

Well I always bow to you Kathy :) But thats awesome that you didnt lose much hair. Im sure thats encouraging to some folks. My mom also went thru chemo but lost tons of hair. It grew back thicker and nicer than before so thats good. I actually got my hair trimmed this weekend and as much hair as I thought Id lost, she told me its not really noticeable so that was nice to hear. Im still not going to cut it off unless I have to when the regrowth starts.

My hair also went thicker than normal thick until about 4 months out and then my bathroom started looking like the sheep shearer came through. I tried ignoring it, then I worried, then I panicked, and then I gave up worrying and I'm 6 months out and it's slowing.. Or I'm just good at denial ;)

I'm not sure if it's the months of Biotin prior to surgery, or "taking it easy" this last month, but my nails are absolutely fabulous. My hair was to the middle of my back, but cut it off to chin length as a preemptive strike. It looks really healthy, and something different for people to notice first, and then also not quite so drastic if I have to go to a pixie in a few months.

Enjoy your thick hair while you have it. Unfortunately unless you are a freak of nature' date=' you will lose a lot of it. Mine started around the 3 months mark and Ive stopped losing at the 6 month mark but now Im waiting for the regrowth.[/quote']

Hello, freak of nature here..lol.. I fortunately didn't lose any hair, I was sleeved on oct 18. I was all prepared for it but just never happened. Thank goodness

Hello, freak of nature here..lol.. I fortunately didn't lose any hair, I was sleeved on oct 18. I was all prepared for it but just never happened. Thank goodness

Its so nice to know that you freaks exist lol. Thats awesome that you didnt lose it any. I was trying to will my hair to stay in my head but it didnt work, luckily Ive stopped shedding and my hubby has stopped complaining about cleaning the drains lol. FREAKS RULE :)