Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 25th Sleevers? I need a buddy...

I've been doing well with meds, gasses etc. but this morning I went for my leak test. No leaks, which is good, but we can't get anything past the duodenum. So I am on ice chips only. Would really like a fruit juice or something!

How's everyone doing?? Had mine yesterday. Hurting a bit, and wanting my drain out, but all In all I'm a happy girl!!

I'm doing well. Really no nausea but lots of gas pain. Yesterday I slept most of the day except when I was walking and sipping. Today, I was up more but found out I couldn't tolerate vicodin. So I'm only on tylenol and doing ok so far. Hope everyone else is doing well!

I had kind of a rough day with nausea today. It was day two. Once we got it under control I feel fine now. I can't take the liquid Vicodin without anti nausea medication. The gas has been really manageable for me. The Dr. Came in and told me that I was one of the best patients they have seen in a while lol. I am home now and feel good after my long nap :)

So I was sleeved the 25th and I got home yesterday at 9. One day in the hospital. Not to scare anyone but it was worse than I thought. I thought I would be like the people that post saying everything was fine. I had a lot of nausea (I never had nausea after any other surgeries I had). Plus I got my period and with blood thinners that wasn't pretty lol. Got it as soon as I left recovery. I walked four laps during the night that first night which did help with gas pain. I couldn't get comfortable but I made it through! Passed swallow study and was released last night. Got all my liquids in I was required to get in before discharge. So woke up on day 3 (today) and thankfully I feel so much better. Day 1&2 were hard but day 3 is smooth sailing!!

Sleeved Monday June 24th! Why is the gas so Bad! Taking GAVISCON!

Sent from Slimmer Everyday!

I immediately used my heating pad once I came from recovery. I placed it on my back and slept. Then I slept for two hours , then I placed it on my front on my chest and I hardly had any gas! I think that's the key. I was sooooo scared! I walked a lot also. But I really feel the heating pad has helped. I bought gas-x strips but I haven't had to use them yet. Try the heating pad and see if that helps.

I will definitely try the heating pad! Just had a yummy cup of chicken broth for lunch it went down easier than the Protein Shake & jello! Not to much heart burn! I am walking every chance I get! I still feel a little dizzy! I think its from all the meds they give you in the hospital!

I will definitely try the heating pad! Just had a yummy cup of chicken broth for lunch it went down easier than the Protein Shake & jello! Not to much heart burn! I am walking every chance I get! I still feel a little dizzy! I think its from all they meds they give you in the hospital!

Yeahhh' date=' did u ever think u would love "broth" so much?!! LOL!

I choked down some Jello but love the broth. I think the meds do make us a lil' dizzy.I am only on Hydrocod/ acetaminophen now for pain every 4-6 hours. I've been taking it every 4 hours and it's helping. I'm just swollen and sore on the incision spots.

Also have you tried the Isopure Protein Drinks? They are not shakes but are a Water with Protein. They have 40grams of protein & only 160 calories!!!! They run about $4.00 a 20oz. Bottle. But so worth it if you consider it for a meal or two.

Sent from Slimmer Everyday![/quote']

I was sleeved tuesday. Came home today. Feels better to be at home but I don't feel that great. Got in a little liquid and a little Protein today. Did some walking. The farting started a little this morning but mostly been burping and vomiting clear slime with gas bubbles. The gas pains in my belly have been terrible.

Sleeved on the 25th and came home Thursday! Sorry for taking so long to update. The only thing I had been consistently was tired! I slept as much as I possibly could when they weren't waking me up to check me, give me shots etc. I walked around my room, to the bathroom, once the catheter was out. I don't think I did that well getting in fluids but I sure did go to the bathroom a lot. Water was difficult going down so I stuck with crystal light and popsicles. Yesterday they gave me pudding. I was also released after that so I was very happy! After I got out, I went to the pharmacy, my favorite thrift shop, and then to GNC to try out the Isopure drinks I keep hearing about. I didn't push myself too hard, felt fine. The only trouble I had was getting comfortable so I could lay down. Today my stomach feels fine but my arms and back are sore. I haven't had any problems with gas (yet) but I also haven't had a bm yet... anyone else not have a bm yet?

Wow! You got pudding yesterday! broth & baby food apple sauce!

Yup, sf vanilla pudding...just dipped my spoon in it a few times...I'm on full liquid so I can have pudding, Jello, almost anything that doesn't require chewing. I'm stuck on popsicles though.