Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanted to say hello.

Hi. I received my lapband on December the 5th of this year. It was a Christmas present from me to me. Was banded by Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey. Have been lurking here for a while, both pre and post band. Actually researched the band for three years before deciding it was the right choice for me. (Kept trying the usuall, weight watchers, personal trainers, etc. You all know the story), was very pleased with Rumbaut and staff. I know I am newly banded, but have not had any problems as of yet, and honestly, don't expect any.

HI IM ROSE ...I WILL BE BANDED ON JAN 11TH BY DR KURI IN TJ MEXICO ...SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE DOING WELL AFTER THE PROCEDURE ......HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAS COME OFF ??? ...WELL..... IM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVE THE BAND TO HELP ME LOSE THE WEIGHT I NEVER GOT OFF AFTER HAVING MY SON 9 YEARS AGO !!! IF I LOSE 75 LBS I WOULD BE SUCH A HAPPY CAMPER !!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!

Hi Serious, Great present to yourself. I went to monterrey and was banded in nov. 06. I paid for the surgery myself also. I'm really excited about the whole process too. It's gonna be s slow process but at least we will be slowly losing instead of slowing gaining which is what i have been doing for years. I started at 224 and at 213 now, slow but sure. Have a merry christmas. Kelley

I was banded in Monterrey by the wonderful Dr. Rumbaut and team. Had read some negatives about Mexico before I went.... Would just like to add that I am a travel nurse, my specialty is critical care, and I have been in over forty different hospitals across the US. I highly recommend Dr. Rumbaut. I was a self pay as I think I mentioned before, and his price was reasonable. Also, My BMI was only 35 and I could not find a doctor who would do the lapband in the US since I was under 40. Even some of my colleagues kept telling me to just diet and exercise more.

I already roller blade, ride a bicycle and eat reasonably healthy, (I do have a sweet tooth), and the weight wasn't budging. Since my surgery, I have lost 12 lbs, (Keep in mind that I was on liquids for two weeks, and have just recently progressed to mushies), but I am very happy so far. All of my scars have healed including my port site. I have no more shoulder pain, ( Dr. Rumbaut says the shoulder pain is from him adhering the band in place so that the chance of the band slipping is nil), and I seriously have no regrets.

As far as Dr Rumbaut being a Mexican doctor, I've been a nurse since 1991 and he is the most professional physician I have ever met. Also, he gives you a copy of your records and his follow up recommendations, and he recommends a follow up lap band doctor for you depending on where you live, if you choose not to come back to Mexico for your fills. I know this is a long post, but I just wanted to share this one story: On the day before I was ready to leave, I met a woman from Florida who was banded by Dr. Rumbaut. She asked me where I was going to go for my first fill. I said I plan on coming back to Dr. Rumbaut for the first fill. She said she went to some Doctor in Jacksonville for her first fill, ended up with port problems right after the fill, and was not getting satisfactory answers from the fill doctor. She called Dr. Rumbaut. Flew back to Mexico, and he fixed the problem.

Hi Serious my name is Jewel, I live in Indiana... I was banded on August on 8-17-06, it was hard, the lifestyle change is hard later on I think, not really in the beginning. It is all worth it though, keep that in mind. I was 252 lbs to start with now I am 195.....when I get discouraged and wish I didnt do it, I go slip on those size 12 jeans (from a size 24) and if that doesn't put me in check (it usually does) I go run for a Mile and half...you see before the surgery I couldn't run to my mail box! Its nice to feel active and apart of the outside thin world. active, healthy, nothing looks better than that! every wanna talk just email me....Jewel from Indiana

Welcome Serious.

Great to hear you go serious and gave yourself this amazing gift that keeps on giving...looking forward to hearing of your progress.

:) becky

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches