Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doing the work that Jesus would have wanted

Too many people when they use the word "Christians" actually mean the Christian Right Political Movement and those that blindly (or knowingly) follow their agenda, or sometimes referred to sarcastically as "True Believers".

I AM GUILTY OF THE ABOVE :faint:

But let me say this clearly: I am a Christian and I know many Christians that are very nice people who try to follow the teachings of Christ, but who do not force their ideas onto other people.

I have known Christians that love all people as if they were their brothers and sisters.

I have known Christians that use the bible to prove that slavery first and then Jim Crow laws are Christian.

I have read speeches of Adolph Hitler using Christianity as his excuse for what he did in Germany in the 1930's and 40's.

I have seen neo-Nazis and White Power militias using Christianity as their excuse for what they do.

I know Christians who profess to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and then violate all his precepts while they say, "I am a sinner. I am not perfect", but who never try to improve.

We need to separate the Christians who use the name, but not the message of Christ to further their agenda nor to open up their small mindedness, from those that try to emulate Christ.

My sarcastic nickname for the Christian Right Political Movement is the (Un)Christian (Never)Right Political Movement.

I am sorry if I use the word Christian when I mean the (Un)Christian (Never)Right Political Movement and its followers.

I don't sit around thinking all Muslims are bad b/c some "Muslims" decided to knock down the twin towers. I chose not to stereotype or prejudice a whole group. Instead I took a class called Topics in Islam and educated myself. Why remain ignorant if you don't have too?

I don't judge all white men based off of George Bush or all black women based off of Condolezza Rice. Did you know all black people can't dance and all asians don't know martial arts? Everytime Americans take a few steps up, so fool knocks us back more.

And I don't sit around thinking all Christians are bad either. I am talking about a select group of conservative Christians. I never said "all Christians are bad". My statement "It gives me hope that not all Christians are evil" was tongue in cheek.

I am very, very well aware that not all Black people can dance and that not all Asians know martial arts. Just as I am well aware that not all Christians are bad people.

If you're trying to insinuate that I am bigoted in general, I promise that my life, if scrutinized, would should a huge amount of diversity, both personally and in the people close to me. Yes, I do have close friends (and my best girlfriend) who are Christian and very religious, although they are not the group I am referring to. In fact, they absolutely agree with me about fundamentalist, conservative Christians.

Too many people when they use the word "Christians" actually mean the Christian Right Political Movement

And I am one of those people. Thank you for clarifying so succinctly what I have failed to fully express in my posts.

I don't sit around thinking all Muslims are bad b/c some "Muslims" decided to knock down the twin towers. I chose not to stereotype or prejudice a whole group. Instead I took a class called Topics in Islam and educated myself. Why remain ignorant if you don't have too?

I don't judge all white men based off of George Bush or all black women based off of Condolezza Rice. Did you know all black people can't dance and all asians don't know martial arts? Everytime Americans take a few steps up, so fool knocks us back more.

And I don't sit around thinking all Christians are bad either. I am talking about a select group of conservative Christians. I never said "all Christians are bad". My statement "It gives me hope that not all Christians are evil" was tongue in cheek.

I am very, very well aware that not all Black people can dance and that not all Asians know martial arts. Just as I am well aware that not all Christians are bad people.

If you're trying to insinuate that I am bigoted in general, I promise that my life, if scrutinized, would should a huge amount of diversity, both personally and in the people close to me. Yes, I do have close friends (and my best girlfriend) who are Christian and very religious, although they are not the group I am referring to. In fact, they absolutely agree with me about fundamentalist, conservative Christians.

Okay, maybe I took you wrong, but that really was how you said it. If I was talking to you in person maybe it would have been different.

It would have made a difference if you specified Conservative Christians.

John 17:4, I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do,....

John 17:6, I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world.

IMHO, The work of Jesus Christ was to reveal the love of God the father for His children, through the healing of their bodies and reconciling them to the Father by His own sacrifice.

I think it is so simple, yet so infinately amazing and we in our mortal state try to wrap out mind around God Almighty, and just cant do it in the here and now.

Faith without works is dead and yet what is the work? It isnt the business of taking care of each other and our various needs, ( although this is how we are known, by loving one another as Jesus did.)

The work is revealing God the Fathers love for everyone in creation, and that His grace (Jesus the Son) shown to us by the forgivness of all our sins.

So often, people refer to works as thier actions that earn thier way to heaven. Thats totally undoable. Without the understanding of His grace and what it provides for us, we are all just a bunch of ants building a larger ant hill. Vanity, and a chasing after the wind.

Isnt it far more wonderfull to strive for unity, to glorify our Father in heaven?

Thats what Jesus prayed, just before He allowed Himself to be arrested and crucified.

I think that when we all face death, our dying words become the most important, or at least honored as such.

So that is my rave. I am not afraid to lift the name of Jesus Christ, it is the opposite, It is what has conqured fear in my life in the first place.

Peace.