Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi

i was baned on monday 18th in belgium i live in London, feeling ok at the moment but have really bad shoulder pain when i eat or move about, but i cant burp when it comes it hurts so much then just sort of fizzes away leaving me in pian for a while, any tips on what i can to to have a good burp and any tips for the shouder pain ive been told to walk if off but being still helps it,:help: oh the things we do to be slim:)

mine

xxxxxx

ps very nice site i must say still have a lot to read but getting thought bit by bit

You could take gasx for the gas, that might relieve some of the pain. I didn't burp for a while after surgery....strange feeling huh. Don't worry, you will again :)

HI Mine,

We were banded on the same day! Please come visit the December bandster thread and you will find a bunch of us in the same stage as you. It is filled with support. Best of luck.

Congrats and keep up the walking and I agree with gasx. Also, make sure you sip very very slowly. That's were I got into trouble was trying to drink too fast. Happy recovery.

thanks guys but i live in London we dont have Gasx here we do have wind easy and some other stuff but thay are not strong and they are in tablet form

but will sip slowly fro now will also have a look at the december thread too

mine

xxxxxxx

hello mine, We are in the same boat. I was banded on 12/20, have the gas/shoulder pain almost constantly...and am sitting here trying to burp...I have never been one for burping and now it is such a chore!!! THe pain and pressure build up and i can only burp a small amt. Have tried gas x with no results. Am trying warm tea and Soup to see if I will "loosen up".

Beth

we were banded a day aoart- ive lost 10 pounds onmy home scale wioch is six pounds over- so ive lost 16 pounds- sincde the 21st, how much have you lost? and why are so many people EATING>? i was told not to eat a thing for a MONTH, so lactaid sim mil and Isopure Protein Shakes is it, why the hell has the scale beens tuck now for a week? im getting PISSED. 169 169 169 . stop salready, get me down, lord please, is it the starving factor? allthese foods? im gettingsort of addicted to NOT eating ancd am scared to start, i had a few chews of rice off sushi, havinggitten really really ill from cheating with mased potatoes on xmas day- like fetal position waiting to have gas either end for four hours regurgitation nightm,are pain i learned my lesson- does the lap "settle in:" and thats why your allowed to eat after a few weeks? my dr agains aid a MONTH of shakes and sugar free popsicles wich ive nod esire for- i get full really fast on a shake. years of wolfing food and finishing everything on the plate and grabbing at other peoples frnech fries and late night snacking - outthe window.

but im hee stuick at 169 and 110 seems a million years away. help anyone.

Mine--See if you can find anything with simethicone in it--it's some beautiful stuff!!! I haven't had any pains yet! Talk to your doctor if you can't get any relief...

Gonnabeskinny--stop getting on the scale! You're going to drive yourself crazy! Just eat the right things, exercise, and nature will take it's course! Remember that it's all about healing up your cute little stomach at this point and not about losing the pounds yet. Keep in mind that you haven't even had a fill yet. You can do this and you will reach your goal! Hang in there!

Hiya

the pain has sort of stopped now and im fine thank you though, how are you doing, im eating solids but a lot less than i used too

does the first fill make a difference? its taking more and more shakes to fill me up now. its juts 11 pounds, wich they did say was great for 11 days, but im starting to get a little hungry and i wasnt before. not at all. it was just habits of 42 years- wolfing grazing l;at night snacking inability to n ot leave anything on my plate. its all over , bam. overnight!

doe sthe first fill bring you back to that first week of the littlest thing fillimg you up = like a shake? ive had four shakes since i got home today.

as for your advice i was told the same thing- use the scale twice a week max.

any stories aboputr the first fill will bemost welcome and thank you for responding.

gonna gonna

Mine- try moving around. Gasx didnt help me much either. But moving did bc it moved my insides around too allowing for the gas to escape a little. I have been banded for a bit. soon you will be able to burp and might without any notice which always makes me laugh. Esp after eating and then standing up. I can only contribute it to moving and allowing the stomach contents to shift. Good luck!

thank u, the pain has almost gone now moving does help a lot i was banded on the 18th Dec im on solids now well just at my dinner, but im eating a lot less when do you guys think i should have my first fill

thanks

mine

Mine,

I was banded on the 26th of December, I was allowed broth which is great when boiled and a beaten egg was poured in while boiling the Soup, just a littlle soy, salt pepper and a scant of vinegar- you have hot and sour soup which helps with the taste issues that you are having, I think it will slide right down, still mind your dr. but ask about soup.

tonijo

I had to laugh when I saw the sites on burping. I am 2 weeks post op and I have the funniest burps now. They are very long, quiet and drawn out. It makes every one laugh when they hear them. It sounds like they start at my toes and are coming thru a tiny drink straw!! 2 nights ago I needed to burp so bad it was actually painful. I had my 4 yr old grand daughter patting me on the back like a baby!! It didn't help me any although she had fun! I finally start hopping around a little trying to make it come out and it did! Now this is something I would not share with many but seeing how we are all going thru this together. I will warn all newbies of the post op gas. I had some complications and when I woke up I felt and looked like I was about 12 months pregnant. I walked and walked to relieve myslef of gas. 2nd day home alone : thankfully : I was sitting at my table and felt a huge gas pain coming on. I stood up to walk and relief myself. To my surprise it wasnt gas it was pure diarhea!!! I about died. So to all "BEWARE IT MIGHT NOT BE GAS AFTER ALL" I was dreading using the bathroom for the first time, but its 2 weeks now and I am still having diarhea, it's down to every other day now, I red on other sited this is common. If I grossed anyone out I appoligize I am just keeping it real!! Good job to all of you. Keep the faith. God Bless Us All, Sue