Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone worried about being "too skinny"?

Too skinny? Noooo in my head I sometimes think i still weight over 200 lbs. this is really hard to wrap my head around at times. :)

I still gravitate to the plus size section at stores before I realize, Hey I can wear regular sizes. Feels great!

What size and weight were you before sleeved? Wow good for you!

Thanks! ;)

I'm 5'3 and I was 235 at my first doc visit. I was 212 on date of surgery. I was wearing size 18/20 pants and xl/xxl tops. It depended on fit and how uncomfortable I was willing to be in my clothes. :( I look back on pics and don't really recognize myself. It's the weirdest. I'm not sure how low my weight will go, but I was joking with my dh that I only have 7.5 pounds to go until I'm literally half the size I used to be. I'm sort of tempted, but it's not a hill I plan dying on. I hit goal awhile ago and everything since then has been bonus IMO. I'm currently at 125. :)

Btw- I used to get a lot of ull never be that small, ur big boned, sturdy, etc. I used to believe it and then when I was a size six I almost died in the fitting room. Big boned, my saggy ass! Lol! :)

I can't even imagine being too skinny at this point. Even though at 65lbs down, I am half way to my goal.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I know WEIRD question! At first, I thought - anything smaller then I am, is better! But then, I have seen quite a few people who look ....sick.. After having WLS, as if the life were sucked out of them! I want to look healthy & happy, not sick! Plus, I do not wish to be "skinny"! I would love to keep my Latina curves, & feel beautiful! Any one on the same boat as me? Hope I am not alone in this one!

I've seen people that look like what you're talking about - I'll take it if it means I'll be able to sleep in a bed again after not being able to for over 12 years. :)

That is one worry i can say I DONT HAVE.????

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I don't worry about it, but I know I don't want to look like a little boy! I'm an adult woman and I'd like to retain my curves.

I have had a few stray thoughts about losing my booty. But I figure since I had before I got fat, it will still be there after. I am looking forward to a whittled waistline again!

I DID get to skinny. I look at pictures and now I can see that I did not look good. My doctor's goal was 150, I wanted to have a 5 lb pad. I reached 145 and couldn't stop. When I got down to 133, I was freaking out, and so was my husband. Not really, but we were both concerned. I'm just under 5'7"....so I was pretty low. I talked to my dietitian and she told me to add calories back. I wanted to re-gain a little, so I did, 142 and I started looking better. Now I stay between 144 and 146. This looks good and feels good and I find it really easy to stay here.

I've had some people tell me I am too skinny, but I'm happy with my size and I'm in the normal range. It would be all to easy to be bigger. I have to work at maintaining my weight. It's not unlimited drinks and junk food at goal.

Yes, my face is not as full as I'd like, but I'm 56, not 36. I expected that.

It's so worth it when I bend over and pick something off the ground without feeling like I'm gonna have a heart attack right there.

Lynda