Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this cheating?

Stephanie....no offence hon, but - Good lord, why would you want to? I don't know quite what to say. I know,just like most of us, you are craving food, sinful food,while on this pre-op fast....however, this would be a perfect opportunity for you to exercise self discipline in following instructions and making good food choices.

There is a huge misconception out there that the band is a miracle instrument that will wipe away the pounds with little effort from yourself....it is a tool which will help you but you still have to be smart and disciplined...now would be a perfect time to start.

Carol

Um, I don't think it is cheating, I guess. But again, if I was going to suck on something, I don't think it would be a chicken nugget, lol.

Bostif- I am with you. The pre-op diet is very hard! I called my doctor and asked if there was anything I could eat. Yes, I am wimp. He is allowing me to eat 1 meal a day as long it is less than 750 calories and < 15 g of carbs. That as saved me. Of course monday and tuesday I will be only Clear Liquids but until then I get to eat at least one meal a day!

I was really just teasing but it was fun to think about...

I suppose that anytime in the last 15 years would have been a good time to start exercising self discipline. Thanks for the support Carol. :grouphug:

I am aware that this is a tool. In fact I have heard comments like this is "the easy way". I pray that when I am an experienced bandster that I remember what it was like to be weak and undisciplined so that I can show empathy and encouragement to those who need it.

I am probably being a little sensitive (food deprived and all) but the discipline comment seemed a little insensitive and the tone a tad judgemental and assumptive.

I was really just teasing but it was fun to think about...

I suppose that anytime in the last 15 years would have been a good time to start exercising self discipline. Thanks for the support Carol. :grouphug:

I am aware that this is a tool. In fact I have heard comments like this is "the easy way". I pray that when I am an experienced bandster that I remember what it was like to be weak and undisciplined so that I can show empathy and encouragement to those who need it.

I am probably being a little sensitive (food deprived and all) but the discipline comment seemed a little insensitive and the tone a tad judgemental and assumptive.

Its not going to be as hard as you think. My pre-op diet was way way harder than being banded. And honestly, I didn't stick to it 100%. I still get to eat foods I enjoy so I do not feel deprived.

Today at lunch we had a pot luck. I chose food that was good and band friendly. Then I took a small dish and put one spoonful of some browning, creme, pudding dessert. It was so good. It was about 5 band bites. I was very satisfied from my one teaspoonful of dessert. Almost everyone else walked away with full portions of 2 or more dessert choices.

LOL.....I thought you were serious! And, thinking that you were serious I could see a disaster waiting to happen.....there are some misquided bandsters here and discipline is their main problem.....didn't want to see you off to a bad start.

Sorry if I offended you, but I really thought you were serious.....LOL....sucking on a McNugget indeed....yuk!

Carol

I took the question as serious also. Trust me, with the questions we see here, there's no reason under the sun to think you were being facetious. :grouphug:

i had my band done last fri. and pre-op diet was hard but the post op i think is harded ...this time of year there is candy , fudge, all kinda things and i just have to think back in oct. when i got on a ride w/ my son and the man said i had to get off !!i has to big.THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!.think of how many time people looked down on me for being fat....never again...the times i could not keep up w/ my son who is 5......never again to all who want to cheat your doing good dont let it or them win.

DARRELL:rolleyes:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

I'm just in a snit. I'm hungry darn it! :grouphug:

We had our work holiday party on day 1 of my diet and I nearly died. Yes, I know that I am being melodramatic...

I am looking forward to eating less and losing weight but right now I'm a total beast. I am being good but it is so hard with my same old stomach. :D

My pre-op diet was only 2 days, and on day 2 I completely lost my appetite. And it has never come back.

It's probably not easy to pretend that beef broth is a quarter pounder. :grouphug:

What Do You Mean!!!!!broth Is Not A Quarter Pounder? But........wow I Guess The Thing You Are Gonna Say Is That Gas-x Tabs. Are Not pizza {lol}

See Ya

I would think that one way to stave off the craving to chew something is to make small ice cubes of some allowable juice or soft drink and suck on those. That's worked for me in past situations.

I am lucky not to have to go on a liquid diet. I guess after 50 years of being fat and having a fatty liver for a significant part of that, two weeks isn't going to make a whole lot of difference to the doctor when he's looking at what he's doing on a 17" monitor.

Good luck