Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you searched for his name in the search bar at the top of the screen. While you are waiting for new answers, I am sure there are plenty of previous posts about him. Good Luck in your info. search!

Yep. I had surgery with Dr Almanza on 3/8/13. These are the things that are facts -

The clinic is indeed in a strip mall. The recovery rooms are in the same place except across the parking lot. You will stay in the clinic a while post op then go to recovery or the hotel, whichever is your plan.

Almanza does a lot of surgeries in a day sometimes. The number will vary from day to day.

You will be well taken care of from the time you arrive in San Diego. The clinic, recovery, and hotel staff are very nice and professional. They will take care of what you need.

Dr Almanza will talk with you briefly before surgery. He is competent, professional, and not bad looking:) He does a good job, the price is right, and a nice guy.

I had no problems at all and the rest of the people there the same time as me had no problems either.

Don't worry you will be in good hands.

There are many clips on You Tube you can watch. I looked at him decided on another doc. Write down all your requirements and research. He does do a lot during the day I have 2 issues (BMI and Revision) so I went with someone I felt had more experience and time to take because I will take longer. The doc I have will only do 2 surgeries that day. My doc price was about $1000 more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches