Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New member: Hello ya'll

Hi, I am new to this area of the forum, although I have been reading the posts daily since Dr. Hekier/Keilin did my surgery on 7-5-06. To date I have lost 53 lbs. Part of that is due to the bands help, part of it due to hard work and encouragement from friends and family. My sister was banded in August also, and she has lost about 30 lbs or so. It has been great to have this site recommended to me by my doctor, and it has really been a blessing when I felt I was the only one with some of the same issues I have read about here. Anyway, I am 48, married, and I thank the Lord continually for sending this tool my way. I went to my seminar in late June, and 9 days later I had insurance approval, and the surgery. All went well, went home on Thursday afternoon, which was the day of surgery, and was at my suport group meeting the next Monday. I guess it could not have gone any smoother. I started out at 249, and am down to 196 as of today. I will continue to read the boards daily. God bless

Welcome and Congrats on your sucess so far! What a blessing that your Dr.recommended this site ! I wish you and your sister, much more success and health on your journey's .

:clap2: :clap2:

Welcome to LBT wish412

keep us posted on your progress.

:) Becky

Welcome to the site wish412! I'm also hoping to have surgery in January of 2007 myself. Congradulations on you great weight loss so far. I'm glad your doc recommended this site to you. My PCP didn't know anything about it, so the news needs to get out for those even considering having the band. I'm really excited about the future now that I have my appointment. Keep us updated and let us know how you are doing.

Joan

I am In the process of losing 22 Lbs for my lap Band surgery .I'm trying to find an easy way to lose It any body know:heh: I plan on being thin this summer .I am having the hardest time trying to get It off .I am 5'3"nd I weigh 229 down from 236Got to get to214 before they'll do the surgery .like I can just demand it fall Off and it will:D .any one here pre /opI am from the central valley Ca. And belive it Or not It is cold :help:

Jazzey,

I will tell you how my cardiologist told me to lose weight and how he lost 110 lbs himself. He told me to go to Wal-Mart and get some whey powder. It's Protein powder and you get it in the diet section by the pharmacy. It comes in either chocolate or vanilla.

For Breakfast, make a Protein Drink by mixing the whey powder with ice and some fruit or fruit juice. Be sure not to use bananas or pineapple, because they are high in sugar and will cause your insulin level to go up. I always add a little Splenda and Water to the mixture and usually use frozen fruit. Just enough to make it like a thick milk shake.

For lunch, eat your largest meal of the day. Be sure to eat mainly low fat meat, like chicken or fish, and vegetables or salad with no carbohydrate dressing. From what I've found, Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dressing has the least fat and carbohydrates than any other brand or flavor.

For dinner, eat something like chicken Soup, without potatoes or corn, or just a salad with tuna on it or something like that.

The main point is to eat NO CARBOHYDRATES! It's kind of like the Adkins Diet without the fat. Like I said, he's lost 110 lbs on it and I lost 40 lbs on it this past summer. Then, I came to help my daughter raise a litter of puppies and gained half of it back. I know it's hard to do, but it can be done, because I did it. And, of course the more exercise you get, the better. He said to limit portion sizes of meat and vegetables as well. If you get hungry in between, eat something without fat or carbohydrates. He said to drink an extra shake in the evenings if needed until you get past the craving for carbohydrates.

There is also a great book you can read if you have any sugar problems called "Sugar Busters". It tells you what foods are high in sugar and how to keep you insulin levels low.

I hope this helps you and I'm sure others will have some input on it to. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

Joan

I have been taking the protien smoothies I have the herbal life left and i also have the protien shake from Vita lady called Pro score I add fruit to It and also 2T. ground Flax seeds .I am begganingto lose slowly I have 14 more to go plus I was swelling pretty big in my legs and feet and my doctor gave me another Water Pill now the swelling is gone down

so I am up a lb one day down the next.I will try the whey afterI finish up the stuff I already have . I don't remember gaining weight ever being this exspensive do you ?:omg: I am drinking a lot of Water also .I will be so glad when this is over looks like I may have my surgery I Jan.then I can:faint:

Welcome and Congrats on your sucess so far! What a blessing that your Dr.recommended this site ! I wish you and your sister, much more success and health on your journey's .

:clap2: :clap2:

If you like cosmetics try this web site colormedirect.com/jazzys:)