Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First appt with the surgeon tomorrow!

I have my first appointment with the surgeon tomorrow! I've had all my other appointments so far, except for the one with the exercise physiologist. That's scheduled for May 6th. I've been pushed through some steps out of order because I told them I really need summer surgery. Don't know if they can schedule me for summer surgery but the program manager of the weight loss center out of my local hospital has been pushing me along with all my different appointments to give me a better chance of getting in by then.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect tomorrow but I had to write a "letter of intent" specifying what my reasons are for obtaining bariatric surgery, exactly what I expect out of surgery, my knowledge & understanding about the procedure, my knowledge & understanding about the post op lifestyle changes, what changes I will personally make following surgery, & how I will get support. Did anyone else have to do this???

Other than the doc going over my letter, I have no clue what this visit will involve with him. I guess it's my opportunity to ask questions. I don't even know what to ask???

What do you all think?

I have my first appointment with the surgeon tomorrow! I've had all my other appointments so far' date=' except for the one with the exercise physiologist. That's scheduled for May 6th. I've been pushed through some steps out of order because I told them I really need summer surgery. Don't know if they can schedule me for summer surgery but the program manager of the weight loss center out of my local hospital has been pushing me along with all my different appointments to give me a better chance of getting in by then.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect tomorrow but I had to write a "letter of intent" specifying what my reasons are for obtaining bariatric surgery, exactly what I expect out of surgery, my knowledge & understanding about the procedure, my knowledge & understanding about the post op lifestyle changes, what changes I will personally make following surgery, & how I will get support. Did anyone else have to do this???

Other than the doc going over my letter, I have no clue what this visit will involve with him. I guess it's my opportunity to ask questions. I don't even know what to ask???

What do you all think? [/quote']

I had a worksheet to fill out that asked all of the same questions.The surgeon was very nice, reviewed all of my information and history, asked why I want the sleeve and what I know about it, then filled me in on the whole procedure and remaining steps prior to surgery, then answered my remaining questions. Very easy, don't worry, you will do fine. :-)

I have gone through all my appts and am just waiting for approval now, so I am only a little ways ahead of you in the process. Good luck!

I had a worksheet to fill out that asked all of the same questions.The surgeon was very nice, reviewed all of my information and history, asked why I want the sleeve and what I know about it, then filled me in on the whole procedure and remaining steps prior to surgery, then answered my remaining questions. Very easy, don't worry, you will do fine. :-)

I have gone through all my appts and am just waiting for approval now, so I am only a little ways ahead of you in the process. Good luck!

Thank you for your response! I'm more worried about the weight they want me to lose before surgery! I haven't lost anything since my April 8th meeting when the program manager said "from here on out, you count your calories, yada, yada, yada, & if you gain weight, it's all over. Everything gets cancelled." OMG! I'd die if that happened! Well, whatever happens, happens I guess.

Are you waiting for insurance approval? It's a covered benefit under my plan so I'm supposed to be given a surgery date tomorrow. If I'm this nervous over a consultation, imagine what I'm going to be like day of surgery! ** sweating bullets**

Thank you for your response! I'm more worried about the weight they want me to lose before surgery! I haven't lost anything since my April 8th meeting when the program manager said "from here on out' date=' you count your calories, yada, yada, yada, & if you gain weight, it's all over. Everything gets cancelled." OMG! I'd die if that happened! Well, whatever happens, happens I guess.

Are you waiting for insurance approval? It's a covered benefit under my plan so I'm supposed to be given a surgery date tomorrow. If I'm this nervous over a consultation, imagine what I'm going to be like day of surgery! ** sweating bullets**[/quote']

Mine is a covered benefit too but requires pre-Approval or pre-Authorization so I don't have my date yet. We have been shooting for mid May all along though, so maybe.....

My dr told me NOT to lose weight before we have the approval and lock in the surgery date or my insurance could veto the surgery...crazy huh?

I am sure we will both lose weight on the pre surgery liquid phase so I would not worry about that. :-)

How was your appointment? surgery.png?ts=1367035796

How was your appointment? surgery.png?ts=1367035796

Sorry to say, it wasn't a good experience at all. The surgeon was wonderful & I would have this surgery with him in a heartbeat BUT when I was at the clinic attached to the hospital, I was so disgusted by how filthy it was in there. Nothing to do with the surgeon but the 2 rooms I had been brought to first, were just nauseating! I had to complain immediately because I sat there crying for the first 30 mins. My husband was with me & wanted us to leave but I didn't want to leave without meeting the surgeon. Anyway....long story short, they were in the process of having someone clean that exam room from hell before I even left, but you know how it is, now it's the only thing on my mind. I can't seem to forget what I saw & no matter how much I'd want that surgeon to do my sleeve, I'm looking into another facility, just in case I decide to change my mind.

Oh & I lost 1 pound since the last weigh in! LOL! At least I'm headed in the right direction!

Thank you for asking!

Sorry to say' date=' it wasn't a good experience at all. The surgeon was wonderful & I would have this surgery with him in a heartbeat BUT when I was at the clinic attached to the hospital, I was so disgusted by how filthy it was in there. Nothing to do with the surgeon but the 2 rooms I had been brought to first, were just nauseating! I had to complain immediately because I sat there crying for the first 30 mins. My husband was with me & wanted us to leave but I didn't want to leave without meeting the surgeon. Anyway....long story short, they were in the process of having someone clean that exam room from hell before I even left, but you know how it is, now it's the only thing on my mind. I can't seem to forget what I saw & no matter how much I'd want that surgeon to do my sleeve, I'm looking into another facility, just in case I decide to change my mind.

Oh & I lost 1 pound since the last weigh in! LOL! At least I'm headed in the right direction!

Thank you for asking! [/quote']

How is everything going now? Any luck with another surgeon or location?? I finally got an approval today! So excited now....