Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to have this thing out...

I haven't posted in forever, been too down on the band but at this point I'm looking for any suggestion.

I know you all have heard this before but I need to vent!! I was on a 10 week plateau and for some reason the day after Thanksgiving when I all out ATE I lost 6 lbs (over 4 days)... then over the last 4 days I've put it all back on. I may be healthier physically, although still very obese, but wow, my mental self is struggeling. Is anyone else a bandster basketcase??

I went back on the LSD for a week because before surgery I lost 15lbs with that. I thought it would help me get over this ugly plateau but it didn't work. So for 10 weeks I've followed the rules... Water... walking... Protein first... no sweets... still not losing.

I had a bad fill the first of October, I waited a month for the restriction to go down (my other fill was "too tight" for about 3 weeks then loosened) and it didn't so I had .2 removed and was much more comfortable but still not losing, that last .2cc was removed on October 30th.

I wonder if they'd remove a lapband and do GBP at the same time :think

Don't quit. I was ready to quit by end of summer. I had not lost any weight over a four month period. But it was my fault. I wasn't eating alot, but I was having a couple of glasses of wine every night. I was not exercising either. I would walk on weekends, casually, but it wasn't enough. I got tough on myself. This fall I lknew I had to change, I began going to jazzercise classes four times a week, and going to lift weights (for toning) twice a week at the gym. I am happy to say that the weight is starting to melt off again. Along with the weight loss, I have more energy, ALOT more flexibility, less stress, and much more confidence. Yes, I'am very busy, I would rather go home after work than go to the gym or to jazzercise. I am also working on my masters program for my MBA with classes twice a week, countless hours of homework. There's always a million excuses why we don't take care of our own bodies. Everything and everybody takes priority over ourselves.

Hang in there and let me know how you are doing. You have to take YOUR life in your own hands! Only you can do it. Not the doctor and not your family. Take care!

Why don't you start logging your food in Sparkspeople or fitday? That way you can see exactly what and how much you are eating. I've also heard that people that have been too tight don't lose weight sometimes. My doctor told me today that eating solids is the only way so check how much liquid in meals you are eating. You might find something you are overlooking that is causing the weight fluctations.

Sometimes it takes a day or three before a bad food choice adds any weight. It is best not to weigh yourself more than 1/week. The scale can drive you crazy.

Hang in there. Look for the reasons and if all else fails, consult with a nutrionist or doctor's staff for assistance.

hi ya kynekke

I agree with Neddie too...I plateau'd for 6 months...didn't go up or down...so finally I got so fustrated i started kicking up the walking, drinking water...and being cautious about my food choices...it took awhile to kick in (cause muscle weighs more than fat but over the last 3 weeks i have lost 7lb... dont give up hang in there!

:o

I could not agree with you more, this band is a fickle b*tch. I got a fill in January and lost maybe 5 lbs. I was super tight and had horrid acid reflux at night. Then I decided to get an unfil just so I could sleep. Well I finally got my head screwed on right and followed the rules a little better and low and behold I lost 5 more lbs. and the acid reflux went away. I then increased my speed walking to daily in the am (no excuses) and have lost an additional 15 lbs.

I was for sure it was my band "not working" but realised it was just me "not working" my band. I have had my band almost 4 yrs and I think in 2004/2005 I only lost 20 lbs total.

Patience...hurry up:)

Ana

The secret is to find things other than the scale that make you feel good about what you've done.

For me, its athletic achievement, running further, faster, setting new goals and achieving them. Today I ran AND I did a Body Pump class. That really makes me feel good about myself. The fact that I'm a bees dick away from goal but am just not losing any weight at the moment doesnt really worry me so much in light of what I have achieved. I ran my first 10km race on Sunday and that felt awesome.

I just want to encourage you to relax and know that your body really needs a break from all the weight loss from time to time. Your body needs to adjust; a plateau is a necessary period. Another important factor is to get involved with your band, and be a partner with your band. This is definitely a team effort! The band will not work by itself. You will need to make sure you are doing at least half the work, and your trusty band will meet you halfway. Mommy3boys is exactly right...but I bet that by losing 20 lbs in a year, even though she was hoping for more, she did better than she would have without the band at all...and she also proved to herself that she could not only maintain her previous loss, but continue to lose! What a victory!

Hang in there and be patient. You are doing better than you think you are!

I havent had my lap band yet, but I just wanted to offer support through your trying time, I do agree with the others to not give up .

Try to keep your spirits up too take care of your mind as well as the modifications you have made in your diet..

:o

NSV's are far more important then what the scale reads. Do not let the numbers on the scale dictate your success or failures with the band. SIt down and make a list of all of thethings in your life that have changed since the band. Are you happier? healthier? Is your family happier? Buying cuter and smaller size clothes? Not needing to take blood pressure meds or other obese related meds? Do your feet and joints ache less now? If you answered YES to any of these questions then you are not a failure!

re: "LSD" ?????

...are we missing some essential information here???

That's what I was thinking. Odd way to break a plateau. Not to mention dangerous!

Thanks for all of the encouragement, I have taken stock on what's going on with my band over the last few days and have come to realize that I have no restriction at all! I even tested it with a bite of bread and that sucker went down without a pause at the stoma. Now I need to find out if my small unfill went bad (ie, when she took out all the Fluid she didn't get it back in) or if I have a hole.

Sorry about the LSD comment, I was flustered and wasn't thinking how that sounded.. that stood for Liver Shrinking Diet. I had to go on it before surgery and lost 15lbs so I figured I'd try again to see if I could break the plateau.. which I did then promptly gained back.

Thanks for all of the encouragement, I have taken stock on what's going on with my band over the last few days and have come to realize that I have no restriction at all! I even tested it with a bite of bread and that sucker went down without a pause at the stoma. Now I need to find out if my small unfill went bad (ie, when she took out all the Fluid she didn't get it back in) or if I have a hole.

Sorry about the LSD comment, I was flustered and wasn't thinking how that sounded.. that stood for Liver Shrinking Diet. I had to go on it before surgery and lost 15lbs so I figured I'd try again to see if I could break the plateau.. which I did then promptly gained back.

Thank you for clearing that up :clap2: . It had me worried. Hang in there.