Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I crazy? Well, yes, but about THIS?

So I had surgery on 3/25, 16 days ago. This past Friday I was started on soft foods. My MD doesn't have a puree stage. I was told that for Protein I could add soft cooked eggs, cheese, and cottage cheese. I called back that afternoon to ask if I could have refried or black Beans as long as they were soft/pureed and was told that I could but not to use it as a stand alone protein source. They want me drinking 1 hour and eating the next and alternating pretty much the whole day while I'm awake. The MD, NP nor the NUT will tell me how many calories I am supposed to be taking in a day. I went ahead and planned what I will have tomorrow with all of my Protein Shakes, meals and Snacks (I do a Protein Shake for breakfast) and when I put it all in MFP it was just over 900 calories. NINE HUNDRED!?!?! Does that seem right? I was told to eat at least two oz at a time but if I could eat more that was fine. I can handle 3-3.5 with no problem. I have not had any nausea and haven't thrown up at all since surgery so I don't think I am over eating. Last night was the only time that I have gotten even remotely uncomfortable after eating but not even that bad. I just figured, okay, this is what too full feels like. I get in at least 72 oz of Water a day and I have been averaging 5000 steps/day per my FitBit this week. The scale has been stalled since Friday when I added soft foods. I have not cheated, not once. I haven't even licked a spoon that had anything on it that wasn't on my diet. I am so afraid that I am doing something wrong and am sabotaging myself unknowingly. I had this surgery to change my life, I don't want to mess it up. I know stalls can happen at any time, and I told myself I was prepared for it. I thought I was, I guess I just didn't expect to have one before I hit two weeks out. Please someone help me out here...

Take a deep breath, you are doing fine! My doc told me not to worry about counting calories right now and just focus on the Protein and Water. And congratulations, you have hit your first stall! It sucks, but it will end. It's just your bodies way of making sure everything is ok. Just keep doing what you have been doing and the weight will begin to fall off again in anywhere from a few days to up to several weeks. But it will end!! You are doing great, keep up the good work!

It really does sound like you are doing fine. My nut had me move up to 800-1000 calories a day when I was a few weeks out. It is not unusual for your body to take a few days to adjust to adding different foods, give it time. Your Water intake is fantastic! you are doing such a great job, keep it up! Once you move on to more dense Proteins they will probably have you adjust that schedule.

Congratulations on such a great start!!

Thanks y'all. I'm sticking with this it is just a little hard to keep my head up at the moment. I konw things are going to turn around and that it is just a matter of time. I just have to wait it out. I'm trying my best to follow everything to the "T". I'm getting in around 100 gm of Protein a day and I'm pretty proud of that. At least maybe my hair wont fall out! LOL!