Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey Friends:

To Cheryl, here is an I'm SO SORRY because I did not contact you when I suspected I would be delaying my trip to Denver. I myself hate hearing things through the grapevine so my bad in not letting you know sooner and before you read it elsewhere.

Weigh Down, put me down for minus two lbs. ( -2.0 ) Don't know what' up with these whole numbers.

NON-WEIGHTLOSS VICTORIES:

I'm able to do LIGHT walking and extra movement with greater duration ( 30+ minutes sustained standing in a pool) more than any time since 1998).

Feeling stronger in my core. Am able to lift using stomach muscles and upper thighs.

Went to the store without using the scooter or leaning on a buggy. Shopped for 45 minutes without sitting down.

I'm getting ready to buy a new bike for myself. One with a nice comfy seat that does NOT end up inside my anus.:lol:

.................................................................................................

My daughter is having a flair up from her arthritis and it is a struggle with the baby. The great thing is while her husband is on his deployment in the middle east, she isn't home alone in Texas. She has many hands to give assistance. That was the push behind my change of plans. I always tell my kids "Family First"..time to live the talk.

Is everyone out there okay? I am so worried about you all and seeing the weather. Lightening and thunder with snow?? That's so crazy! Please stay in if at all possible. Be extra safe. The Weather Channel was broadcasting all kinds of nasty news and warnings from the Great Plains to Colorado and eastward into the south.

I will be in Denver June 11th before and after that date. My schedule is very flexible. Let's plan a get together!

I'll leave it to the locals.

Cheryl, again so sorry to miss you on this round. BUT for me I still have a long way to go. I feel like we can be in that beautiful city at the same time down the road.

The best decision I ever made was choosing this doctor! Aside from choosing the band, I have had no complications with my band. NONE. I can't say that about other surgeries or medications or aftercare from other things I have had done. Going to Colorado, for me, is like a a Rocky Mountain dream.

I would like to ask those of you who live out there to name some good places to go to in June. I really am going to do a vacation then.

Not weight loss related victories:

I can walk longer and farther than I have in years.

I am now into a 1X.

That 1X is a pretty big deal for me. Have any of you worked with someone who had maybe a little too much baggage in the saddle? only it was some gym time and 20 lbs. wouldn't take care of? yet they MOAN "I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FAT!"

Ever had that?

:)

I have.

I would think how I wish I only had such problems.

So as we all get closer to goal, let us keep our hearts softened for those coming off home plate and running for first. My quote to self is: "Remember the journey."

To LOTZASUNSHINE :w00t: Congratulations on seeing the 250's!!! The thrill of a change in number value that is less than what we were use to seeing is a thrill that cannot be bought.

I look forward to seeing 250.

Take care everyone. I look forward to the day that I can meet some of you and hug you. We are, in our own way, a family.

Patty in Florida.

Edited by Lap_dancer

Friends if you want to add me on Facebook please do.

Friends if you want to add me on Facebook please do.

I'd love to add you on Facebook.

Sorry about being the "grapevine" for MsCheryl!

Congrats on the 2lbs! I lost 2lbs too! I'm hoping to lose another one lb by Saturday!

I am now into a 1X.

Miss Patty,

Not to worry! I am so thrilled for you, all of those milestones are SO very important. The weight loss is great but your body is healing, too. Your endurance is wonderful, it will just get better. Patty, want some clothes? If you do send me a private message with your address and I'll send you a care package!:lol:

Everyone else,

Hopefully I'll get to meet you all some day! My first fill is April 7th, have that night free if anything is going on just let me know. Next fill I'll check to see when the monthly meeting is so I can join you all.

Cheryl

PS: How do I have the photo I uploaded show when I post???

I am now into a 1X.

Miss Patty,

Not to worry! I am so thrilled for you, all of those milestones are SO very important. The weight loss is great but your body is healing, too. Your endurance is wonderful, it will just get better. Patty, want some clothes? If you do send me a private message with your address and I'll send you a care package!:smile2:

Everyone else,

Hopefully I'll get to meet you all some day! My first fill is April 7th, have that night free if anything is going on just let me know. Next fill I'll check to see when the monthly meeting is so I can join you all.

Cheryl

PS: How do I have the photo I uploaded show when I post???

Just go to "Post Reply" and hit the "paperclip icon" and then upload your picture. It will appear in your post. Try it!

If I'm still in town on the 7th, I'd love to organize a gathering for you to meet some of the Denver Banditos.

I was supposed to get a fill today, but I changed my mind, seems I still have great restriction!

Hi everybody. Sorry to be away so long. My MIL ended up having some pretty awful complications from her surgery and passed away last Thursday. The funeral was Wednesday. I've been scrambling to cover my classes, etc. My dad is doing okay, had a third surgery the same day my MIL died. They still were unable to get all of the melanoma but are positive that the remaining cells are on the surface and can be dealt with via some sort of topical chemo. Fingers crossed.

Lotza, I am so happy your family went to Disneyland. That's fantastic. You will always cherish that memory with your dad.

I hope I get to see some of you on the 1st. That would be great.

I have given up on our challenge. Haven't weighed for two weeks and am eating like crap (cupcakes, ice cream, assorted other comfort foods). ARGH!!!

Hi everybody. Sorry to be away so long. My MIL ended up having some pretty awful complications from her surgery and passed away last Thursday. The funeral was Wednesday. I've been scrambling to cover my classes, etc. My dad is doing okay, had a third surgery the same day my MIL died. They still were unable to get all of the melanoma but are positive that the remaining cells are on the surface and can be dealt with via some sort of topical chemo. Fingers crossed.

Lotza, I am so happy your family went to Disneyland. That's fantastic. You will always cherish that memory with your dad.

I have given up on our challenge. Haven't weighed for two weeks and am eating like crap (cupcakes, ice cream, assorted other comfort foods). ARGH!!!

It's okay Mini! My Goodness you and Lotza have been through so much personal stress. Right now, it's important to take care of yourself and your loved ones.

You'll be getting a fill on the 2nd, so you can start fresh that day!

I'm so excited to see you! I hope others in the area can join us!

It's okay Mini! My Goodness you and Lotza have been through so much personal stress. Right now, it's important to take care of yourself and your loved ones.

You'll be getting a fill on the 2nd, so you can start fresh that day!

I'm so excited to see you! I hope others in the area can join us!

I'm excited to see you too! And it will be nice to get away for a few days, even though it's a conference. I will get to see some of my friends from grad school, so that will be fun.

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Can I bring you dinner or something since we live so close to each other? I will make it band friendly :crying: and you should eat all the comfort food you want. You know that this is not a permanent situation and that you will keep losing later.

and you should eat all the comfort food you want. You know that this is not a permanent situation and that you will keep losing later.

Same should apply for you My Dear! You and Mini have been through a lot lately. Your focus should be on taking care of self. If you need some comfort food, go for it. It's just a temporary situation.

Hey Julie.ann,

I weighed this evening before coming to work. I lost 4lbs this week. My total weight loss since starting the challenge has been 11lbs.

Thanks for keeping track of our weight losses!:)

April 1st Challenge

Minidriver ------(Goal -10lbs) -4.5,+6.5,-3.5, smile.gif, :), biggrin.gif, smile.gif

Lap_dancer-----(Goal -33lbs) 0.0,+4.5,-2.0,-2.7, -2.0, biggrin.gif, smile.gif (Total -2.4)

Deboregon -----(Goal -15lbs) -2.6,-3.4,+1.8,smile.gif,smile.gif, :), smile.gif

Julie.Ann -------(Goal -19lbs) -4.9,-1.9,-2.0,-2.9,-2.4,-2.4, biggrin.gif (Total -16.5)

PrtyAntOvrYt---(Goal -30lbs) -4.2, smile.gif,-1.0,-1.8,:wink:,-4.0, biggrin.gif (Total -11.0)

BellaPerdente--(Goal -12lbs) 0.0,-3.0,-1.0, 0.0,-2.0,-1.0 biggrin.gif (Total -7.0)

Lotzasunshine--(Goal -12lbs)+1.5,-0.0,-0.0,-3.0, 0.0, biggrin.gif, smile.gif (Total -1.5)

Jmegirl----------(Goal -15lbs) -2.6,-2.4,+1.2,+0.8,-1.8,-1.2, biggrin.gif, (Total -6.0)

KaleighsMommy-(Goal -10lbs) smile.gif,-0.4,-0.4,-5.4,+3.0, biggrin.gif, smile.gif (Total -3.2)

Good luck to everyone. After our weigh in today remember to let me know on Wednesday what your last challange weight is. I can't wait to hear from you.

Edited by julie.ann

Hi everyone,

First, let me say to Mini and Lotza, I am praying for both of you. Mini, I am sorry for your loss. Cancer is such a HORRIBLE word. I hate it!!! :) Stay strong. (I know....not an easy thing)

Put me down for -1 for this week. (I was down -2 BUT I am dealing with TOM now.) I should have known because on Sunday and Monday I couldn't eat and even drinking was causing me trouble so I called my doctor in Pittsburgh and he wanted me to get an upper GI. I did and the doctor there said everything looked ok but he doesn't know much about the band so I am waiting for the doctor in Pitts. to call me. I can eat again so I know that it was probably TOM causing me trouble but I am kinda glad that I still had it checked because I haven't had the band checked since surgery. But, of course, I don't have insurance so I don't know what this will cost me.

Will we weigh in again on April 1st, and are we having another challenge?

Hi everyone. I'd like to join you on April 1st at Red Robin, but how do I find you? I can see myself just taking a seat with random people. It could be embarassing.:)