Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 21 and I will be getting sleeved Monday. Just curious about how you dealt with such a big change at a young age.

Also if you have any loose skin or is it true younger skin snaps back easier?

You'll not fuss about about loose or saggy skin as much as us old sleevers. :) Good luck and hope everything goes well on Monday!

Yep, us geezer sleevers have a tougher time.. :P

You should do great though

I'm 20, 8 months post-op so I was 29 when I had the surgery. I do have issues with loose skin, not as bad but I do. I lost 113lbs so far.

I'm 20' date=' 8 months post-op so I was 29 when I had the surgery. I do have issues with loose skin, not as bad but I do. I lost 113lbs so far.[/quote']

19* oops lol

I'm 24. I'm only 3 weeks post op though. The biggest change for me is the emotional aspect. So many social activities revolve around food. I feel like a hermit some days but I know it will get better as I start eating regular food again.

Im 20 and had my sleeve Dec 17, 2012.

BEST decision i ever made!

dont worry about skin, ive lost 68 pounds since surgery and a total of 102 since june of 2012 and havent noticed any loose or saggy skin! :)

I'm 24 and 10 weeks post op. Its been difficult for me school wise, I was sleeved 11 days before the semester started and thought I'd be ready in time to start school but I soon realized that going full time was emotionally and physically draining so I ended up dropping most of my classes. You need to take time to focus on you, if you can. Going out can be a pain because eating is virtually impossible and drinking is not allowed for awhile and that's kind of a bummer. The good thing is we have the rest of our lives ahead of us and can make the most of our 20s :-)

I'm 23. I'm 3 days post op. I've been looking at wls since I was 20. Wish I would have done it sooner

I'm 21 also - I'm only a little over 3 weeks out too, so I really can't give an input about loose skin yet. As far as dealing with this change - I don't regret it at all. There was a period of about a day & half of depression where I mourned my former best friend (food) and that made me say to myself - you've just removed 85% of your stomach, what did you get yourself into. After this, I reasoned with pure logic and knew that if I didn't break this addiction that I have with food - I may never be able to live or love life like I fully want to. I realized that I haven't ever truly lived - I've just simply always existed. My life doesn't revolve around my next meal anymore. I missed the social aspect for awhile, but my support system has made this extremely easy for me thank God. When I eat now, I usually end up being satisfied before I get full.

I've lost 38# in a little over a month (about a month and four days). My starting weight was 326 CW 288. I have not seen below 300# in 3+ years.

One more thing, the mind plays cruel jokes on you, but don't let it or anyone talk you out of taking this opportunity and turning it into a change you deserve. It isn't easy, and it is just as much physical as it is emotional. What calmed me most is the thought of where I'd be, what I'd look like, and what is the next co-morbidity that will be added to my list within just the smallest time frame if I don't make this change and break this addiction I have with food.