Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

Well I have been at this new life of mine for a month or so now. I think I did it all wrong. I was on liquid for about 1 week and 1/2 and then soft food for 2 weeks and now I have been eating food normaly. Not the same amount but the same food. I talked to my advise person and she said I should still be on soft food. but I have no problem with regular food...did I streatch this thing out? Today I am going back to liquids... I still have restriction. I feel full on a child's plate of anything. like yesterday I had 2 chicken strips and I was done. When about an hour later I tried to eat my 3rd piece I pb I think is the term. I wasn't hungery but worried...strange I did the exact opposite thing that I thought I should have. I guess that is another one of my triggers... eating when I am scared.

I want so much for this to work and from what I am reading and seeing in the mirror it is. I have lost twent pounds. Although I have been here for the last week my clothes are getting looser and my husband and friends are noticing, that always helps. I was walking and doing tae bo everyday until the old knee injury flared up and I had to start taking the anti inflams again....

the whole reason I started on this journey in the first place was that my doc says that I need to loose 1001ls or my knees will continue to have problems. I am sorry for whining. Any advise is welcomed!

Rica

post-204020-13813131260491_thumb.jpg

Rica: First I love your name. Second, it sounds like you are trying to rush the solid food stage. Just take it easy and don't try to rush into exercise either. It also sounds like you did that too. I did not exercise for the first 4 weeks after my surgery. And then when I did start I started really slowwwwwww. 5 to 10 min on the treadmill. I too have bad knees. I used to pop Ibuprofen like it was candy. I no longer take them as it isn't good for our pouches. Can irritate the stomach. So be careful taking your anti-inflammatory meds. Don't over do them.

If people are starting to see a change then you are doing something right.

Not sure what exactly you are scared of. You seem like you are on track and doing really well.

Keep up the good work. We are here for you.

I am in the same boat as you but worse. I am 6 days away from my first fill and feel like I never had surgery. I can see myself eating more and more. I lost 10 pounds during the liquid phase and have kept them off. I am eating anything and everything. I am a self pay and feel like I wasted my money. I know, I have to be patient and start getting my fills. I am waiting patiently for friday, fill day. I still feel the same emotional eating and am considering going for counseling. Diane

Thank you for the support I too self paid and I guess I am a worrier. I am going liquid again for a while just to make sure. Diane why don't you and I keep intouch. I would love to be part of any support group that is out there. I know I can not make this journey by myself and as you can see my hubbie would never understand even though he is very supportive. One week of the gym and he has ripped abs (hate him) love him

penni and I did not want tyou to think I forgot you. I am now going to take it slow...I guess with the knees I have too.

Rica

Oh and rica is hort for frederica...my sis couldn't say it when we were young so it stuck :)

Hi Rica,

You should always follow your doctors advise, but don't beat yourself up. Over time and others sharing their experiences here, you will find that all doctors are different and almost everyone is given different instructions on when to move from liquids, to mushy to solid foods.

For example, I was on Clear Liquids for a week. Full liquids and mushy foods for 2 weeks and by week 3 I was on solids with the exception of high Fiber foods like salad. I haven't had any food related problems and I have only PB'd once and that was after I didn't chew a bit of salad properly.

It sounds to me like you will be fine. Congratulations on your progress thus far.

By the way -- that is a lovely picture. Is it from your wedding?

Take Care,

Anne,

Thanks Yes that is my wedding picture from two years ago. I was 10lbs less than I am today. 263lbs. I will be happy to reach that mini goal. Thanks for telling me what you Dr. Said. I have heard so many different things. I am feeling better though. All of the great suppoert is giving me strength.

Rica

Ps This is me at my girl friends wedding last year. I think all brides are beautiful!

post-204020-13813131260754_thumb.jpg

Rica, you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You've done amazing on your weight loss. Each dr. seems to have a different regimen to follow. I blenderized my regular food for a couple of weeks. This went down well and I felt fuller for a longer period. Be careful with the anti-inflams. I have arthritis, but I held off until I had my 4 wk. post-op. My Dr. advised I could use my Celebrex (as needed), but to take a Prevacid first. It might be a little early for Tae-Bo. But please check with your Dr. about exercise and meds.

Hi Rica,

Nice to meet you! And thanks for sharing your pics--you and your hubby look so happy!!! Sigh, what a wonderful picture. :)

My doc was one who had sort of loose instructions on post-surgery eating. By the third day I was on full liquids and a week out I had permission to try mushy foods. A week after that a full diet was permitted. All we can do is our best, and believe me, you're not the first person to try solid food a little early. I'm sure you didn't do any damage.

Do take it easy with the anti-inflammatories. If it's at all possible, try to make do with Tylenol or whatever else is not an NSAID. I understand they can do more than just irritate our stomachs, and I've heard bandsters should avoid them completely.

Welcome to the site!! :):D :D

Alex,

Thanks for all the great info. I am icing instead of anti inflaming...It is working so far since I get started. I just want to work out again. I feel great .... now I want to look great. :)

Rica

Rica: Have you tried Water aerobics? It is low impact and should be better for your knees.

arobic....that's a good idea I know I have a tepe here somewhere. Thanks! :)

Rica

oh you said Water arpbic ...my bad I type and I can't read! lol :) :) :D

NO worries. Either one will work. Water aerobics or just aerobics. Just need to do low impact. Have you tried an elliptical machine at a gym? It sounds like you need to strengthen the muscles around the knees. I had to do this too. I started out walking on my treadmill at home very slowly. That way if it started to hurt I could stop. Get a knee brace from Rite Aid and use them when you do anything stressful on the knees. Use heating pads on the knees too. That feels heavenly to me.

Rica,

You are really pretty... Also, I agree that you should do what the doctor says, but they do all say different things.... If you are doing well with how you have been doing it, I don't see any reason to change. but that is up to you. My surgeon was very easy and only made me stay on liquid a week and mushy 2 weeks. Then I just had to be careful to chew really well, but was able to eat. I realize it is hard to stop when the band tells you to. I am "still" not listening a year and 3 months out. But you have already had great success.

You and your honey look "awesome".