Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

closer and closer...

I had my first visit with Dr. Luu today. I'm sooo much happier with him than with the prior surgeon. He ordered my pre-op tests and now I just have to schedule those. Once they are done, I do a second visit with him and we schedule my surgery. :)

I'm also happy to report that I've lost more weight - down 39lbs since November 2012. I can actually go buy a scale at the store now!

Another happy milestone, I've already started shrinking out of my clothes. I bought 2 pairs of pants on sale through a catalog and bought them 2 sizes smaller than what I had. I figured if they were too snug, they'd fit soon enough. BUT THEY WERE TOO BIG! I can't believe I'm actually losing weight. Pre-op weight loss, and I swear I'm not even trying that hard!

Anyway, the doctor was really nice and their staff was much better than the last place I went, so I'm really happy with my 2nd opinion. Now comes the fun part of testing and getting final insurance approval.

For the first time since I got the idea to have this surgery in July 2012, I actually feel like I'm GETTING THERE. Can't want to get this over with and get skinny! :)

Quick question - For pre-op, I have to do an upper GI. Is that a barium swallow xray or an endoscopy? Anyone know?

Its an endoscopy I just had one..my NUT sent my paperwork off today for approval and I started my pre op liquid diet pray for me as I pray for approval for you...can't wait for this life change to the better healthier me...best of luck to u

thank you, dear! I am praying for you to get approved and scheduled!!! :) I'm so surprised how fast it's moving now - I have my PCP follow up and EKG on Thursday and then I just have to swing by Quest for a blood draw and schedule the upper GI. Once all those results get back the surgeon, I do a follow up visit and they schedule me for surgery AT THAT VISIT. The closer this is actually getting, the more nervous I've become!

The preop liquid diet is shakes only, right? How's that going so far?

No my day goes like this

Breakfast: 1 cup protien shake with 1/2 cup oatmeal or grits

Morning snack: plain greek yogourt, applesauce, or any sugar free Jello

Lunch: Soup that is not chuncky if it is chunky I puree and I'm not really eating any meat based soups( try tomatoe, cream of potatoe,brocoli and cheese, broth, campbells won ton Soup I have a great variety of soup)

Mid afternoon: 1 cup protien shake and apple sauce or pudding

Dinner: one of my many Soups and a sugar free fruit popsicle or sugar free fudgesicle

If you are hungry after that you may have pudding, applesauce or greek yo

I'm not gonna lie I have had a chip here and a bite of a egg roll my mom had but I'm doing well and as the days go on I'm less hungry. I have a huge lunch box and I fill it with what I need and ice packs and keep it near

I also buy tea bags with great flavors: melon dragon fruit, cranberry pomagranet, pineapple chamomile and I drin them without sugar and I also drink 3 to 4 bottles of Water a day which is less than I normally drink because I love Water. My Protein supplement is body fortress from kroger and it is about $18 for a 2lb tub and it taste great I have strawberry and vanilla...I wish u the best of luck and I'm so looking forward to being a sleever!!!

Pulmonology is the b***h - they will make you do a sleep study because of your bmi.

I was worried I would need a sleep study, but my surgeon didn't order one. Thank god!!

Wow - well I am glad they did - they found stuff on the tests they wouldn’t have otherwise - you were the insurance expert - surprised you didn’t make a request for it - I NOW KNOW how critical it is and how important to my survival/health and outcome...

Do some research on sleep on how the body fights loosing weight and enlighten yourself.

I have a question? Is vertical sleeve gastrectomy, in reference to me, covered under fmla leave? If so, how? I just want to have a rebuttal in case my job tries to deny me fmla leave?