Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last band adjustment... Bring on my sleeve!

So today I had ALL the Fluid taken out of my band. Hoping that over the next 63 days (not that I'm counting) my pouch dilation will go down and heal and I will be in a better position for a one surgery band to sleeve revision! I am so ready for May 11th. Finally going to ditch this band for good, after 10 years, and start fresh. Both physically and mentally. This time around is so much more important for me and my commitment level is so much higher than it was with the band. This time, I recognize my failures and issues and not only want, but need to face them. For my amazing husband, my beautiful young girls and most importantly, myself. I really feel like I needed to wait a few years so that I could be at this point and really make this count.

Reflecting back on everything with my Mom today I realized, I am give or take, right where I was when my first band was placed in 2003. I hate the band, and I mean hate! Lol BUT, it has served a purpose in my life and though my losses weren't good with the second band, it kept me from gaining like I know I could have during and after 2 pregnancies.

Last time my band was empty I gained 20lbs in 3 months, so "anxious and nervous" to be empty over the next two months is an understatement. Though I am pretty confident I won't do that this time since I've been really good with my diet lately and I am working toward a (self imposed) pre-surgery goal of 230. As of this morning, I am down nine pounds to 241!! I'm not going to pretend that this isn't a huge deal for me. It's the first time the scale has moved that way in YEARS! :)

Feeling a little awful today (which usually happens to me after any big band adjustment, anyone else?), but so positive! Feeling stuck and miserable everyday, is now a thing of my PAST!!!! :)

Long and rambly, but just had to get it all out. And you people know how I love to ramble anyway ;)

Hang in there! We are all rooting for you! I did gain a little but just try not to go too nuts.

I hope your revision is the best for you! I am so happy I did it. I can eat nearly anything but in very tiny portions. A huge change for the better for me. I wish the same for you!

Kristina,

I really enjoy reading your posts! They inspire me to do things right! I see you're in AZ, me too!! Maybe we could be a support for each other? I think after 6 hours of research and talking with my husband, I have finally decided on the sleeve! I'm still so nervous though and am scared about the diet. I am an emotional eater and often find myself eating because I'm "bored." I believe this is called head hunger? How do you move past that on the liquid diet?

I'm waiting to transition from the Lapband to the Sleeve and will not be seeing the surgeon until I finish the required program steps. I still have my band filled to 8cc's and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and have the Fluid removed from my band now. It would be very frustrating to finally see the surgeon and learn that my band needs to be drained and wait another two months for Sleeve surgery.

Kristina' date='

I really enjoy reading your posts! They inspire me to do things right! I see you're in AZ, me too!! Maybe we could be a support for each other? I think after 6 hours of research and talking with my husband, I have finally decided on the sleeve! I'm still so nervous though and am scared about the diet. I am an emotional eater and often find myself eating because I'm "bored." I believe this is called head hunger? How do you move past that on the liquid diet?[/quote']

Yes!! That would be wonderful!! :) Where in Arizona are you?

I'm glad you've decided on the sleeve. There's just so much that can go wrong with the band long term!

I'm not on my liquid diet yet, so I'll have to see how I do when I get to that point! Lol But for now I've been able to curb head hunger by eating something like a SF Popsicle to help get me through. If I know I'm not actually hungry, I find it helps to give in with something harmless and then just try and distract myself. When my hunger is in my head, I just try changing my focus. TV watching is a huge trigger for me so I've been trying to read more at night to break my patterns.

I'm waiting to transition from the Lapband to the Sleeve and will not be seeing the surgeon until I finish the required program steps. I still have my band filled to 8cc's and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and have the Fluid removed from my band now. It would be very frustrating to finally see the surgeon and learn that my band needs to be drained and wait another two months for Sleeve surgery.

Raain, I decided to unfill my band early because of some dilation and prolapse. If you're not experiencing complications, I would wait and see what your surgeon suggests. If our bands are unfilled we run a risk of gaining more before surgery. If you're anxious about it, or worry that you may have some band complications, I would call your surgeon and let them know. They can do an upper GI and detect most band issues in minutes!!! Good luck, and keep me updated!!! :)

I am in Mesa, just past the Gilbert border. Where are you? I have started seeing those Popsicles come up in discussions. I'll have to try them and see. Can you get them at a regular grocery store? The head hunger is definitely a pain! I keep myself pretty busy but BECAUSE I am usually so busy, when I have down time idk what to do with myself and will eat. Such a viscous cycle because then I over eat and end up hating myself. BUT I have literally tried everything so I am excited/nervous for this next step.

I am in Mesa' date=' just past the Gilbert border. Where are you? I have started seeing those Popsicles come up in discussions. I'll have to try them and see. Can you get them at a regular grocery store? The head hunger is definitely a pain! I keep myself pretty busy but BECAUSE I am usually so busy, when I have down time idk what to do with myself and will eat. Such a viscous cycle because then I over eat and end up hating myself. BUT I have literally tried everything so I am excited/nervous for this next step.[/quote']

I used to live in Gilbert, but I moved to Surprise in the West Valley a few years ago. :)

And yeah, you can usually find them wherever they sell Popsicles. The sugar free ones just come in fewer flavors (I always get the basic grape, cherry & orange pack).