Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having the same issue 2 weeks post op. Was fine until I started the pureed foods. Have had to limit my pureed meal to once daily and back to liquids for a bit. Gas x helps some.

Yes, they said I was overeating and the pain was the way my "new" stomach was telling me it had enough. Today I've only consumed 25 oz because I'm afraid of overdrinking. I mean after 4 oz of broth, when should I drink again? I'm so afraid I've already done damage that I'm afraid to do anything!

I have a routine . I'm up by 5:45 am while I'm running the Water for my shower I sip on water. I continue drinking until 6:30 sip sip sip. I eat Breakfast at 7am. Depends how long it takes me to eat' I don't start drinking liquids until 8 30. I drink until 10 and stop for 1/2 hr.I get a snack. Now remember sugar free Jello and sugar free popcicles count towards your liquids...anyway 10:30 I snack I start drinking again at 11 am. I stop drinking at 12:30. I have lunch at 1 start drinking at 2:00 stop at 3 have snack at 3:30 I go to the gym I start drinking at 4:30 work out 1hr and keep drinking until I get home. I usually have dinner at 6:30 so I don't drink until 7 and I stop drinking at 8 30pm This is what works for me. I sip sip sip. I drink Decaf coffee, decaf tea, broth, crystal lite, popcicles sugar free jello. I hope my routine helps with some ideas. Don't forget to drink Protein Shakes.< /p>

Your schedule is very similar to mine. My surgery was Feb. 28th so today makes one week. I feel great but am still on very limited soft diet. Just made mashed potatoes today. I was wondering how you decide on a portion size of food to eat. If I measure 1/2 c. Mashed potatoes should I eat slowly until I finish or do I quit the first time I feel full?

I was provided with a guide which gives me portion amounts for just about everything I eat.

Potatoes -for me - is 1/4 cup and maybe add some Protein to it.

I've been told to serve according to the suggested amounts and eat until full. "STOP WHEN YOU FEEL FULL". however, mushy soft foods go down easier and faster so you tent to eat all of your serving. the very first food I had was a scrambled egg, I ate 3 little pieces, the size of a dime it took me about 1/2 hr. to eat that much. I was full after that. I added some salsa to the eggs, made more mushy and I was able to eat about 1/3 (this was like 3 days later) and it took me 45 minutes. My surgery was Jan 16 and I can now eat just about anything, but I do get full when certain foods faster than others so I eat more of some foods than others, but I don't eat more than my portion size. I hope this helps

You guys are AWESOME!!!!! I'm going to copy your routine, if you don't mind, and see how it works for me. I have no problem following the program, but nobody ever explained how much and how often...hence my overeating. They just gave me a list of which foods I could eat during which week, and that's it. Thank you soooooo much! I think this will make things so much easier for me!

Your are welcome, that's what this site is for. I sent you a msg. I hope my info helps :)

I have a routine . I'm up by 5:45 am while I'm running the Water for my shower I sip on Water. I continue drinking until 6:30 sip sip sip. I eat Breakfast at 7am. Depends how long it takes me to eat' I don't start drinking liquids until 8 30. I drink until 10 and stop for 1/2 hr.I get a snack. Now remember sugar free Jello and sugar free popcicles count towards your liquids...anyway 10:30 I snack I start drinking again at 11 am. I stop drinking at 12:30. I have lunch at 1 start drinking at 2:00 stop at 3 have snack at 3:30 I go to the gym I start drinking at 4:30 work out 1hr and keep drinking until I get home. I usually have dinner at 6:30 so I don't drink until 7 and I stop drinking at 8 30pm This is what works for me. I sip sip sip. I drink Decaf coffee, decaf tea, broth, crystal lite, popcicles sugar free Jello. I hope my routine helps with some ideas. Don't forget to drink Protein shakes.

Wow, you are organized. My daily routine is so chaotic and hectic I wonder if I could pull this off. My daughter and grand daughter live with me and my 2 dogs and cat. I find myself trying to fit my routine in with helping out everyone else. It's definately not working. I'm going to sit down and try to develop a more strict schedule for myself and committ to it. I have 1 1/2 weeks until I return to work and things will be even more hectic then. Thanks for the suggestions.