Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

:) Hi CHristine - unjury is what the nutritionists at Bayste Medical Center in Springfield, MA will recommend for all Bariatric surgery patients (at least for Dr. Fiallo's and Dr. Haag's patients). It's a whey Protein and it's the best tasting one I've tried...Even by itself in skim milk tastes good. It comes in chicken broth, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry sorbet (YUMMY)The only way you can get it around here is online. It's a bit pricy but worth it....let me know if you try it and what you think...Good luck on your surgery and keep me posted!!!:)

Hi!

I checked out the website yesterday and I will let you know what I think when I order it. I see you only have a few days to go.

Good Luck and let me know how you feel.

Christine :clap2:

Man, you are set!!!!! Good job. Do you have your heating pad? Kelloggs Protein Water is nice at this time,doing double duty, so you can get in the Protein and Water intake at the same time. Cyrstal light, Jello...

I had surgery on Friday and had to drive part of the way home on Sunday. I don't know if that is the right thing to do, but my mom was falling asleep at the wheel!:faint:

Audree,

Where do you get Kellogg's protein water? How does it taste?

Thanks,

Christine

Hi!

I checked out the website yesterday and I will let you know what I think when I order it. I see you only have a few days to go.

Good Luck and let me know how you feel.

Christine :clap2:

Christine, I hope you like them..Keep me posted on your progress!!!!.:) Yup...only 5 more days..It's surreal!!! I can't wait!!! Thanks...I will definitely keep everybody posted!!! Good luck to you as well...

I found the K2O at wal-mart. At our Wal-Mart they have it in the pharmacy and in the drink aisle. I have tried all three lavers that I have seen and like them all.

I had a great NSV!!! I have been wearing 14's very tight and today I just tried on some size 12 slacks and they fit!!! Not perfect, a tad too tight, but I was able to wear them!!! I still don't want to weigh in. Maybe next week after I start solids!

How are we all doing?

Who wants to start the South Beach Challenge with me in a few days on Saturday?

I met a girl at a support group yesterday who had lost 130 pounds in a little over a year!!!! She looked fantastic!!! And wouldn't you know.... she follows the bandster rules and a South Beach diet type of eating plan. Lots of Water and exercise.

I also met other ladies who had lost 20 pounds in 8 months. Wouldn't you know, they eat what ever they want and don't exercise..... HHHMMMMMMM.

I for one want to follow after the one who lost better following the rules. I didn't do this to just stay fat!!!!

Audree,

I agree with you. I am not spending a fortune to not lose weight and become healthy!!! Are you able to exercise normally yet? Does it hurt where the port is?

Christine

I found the K2O at wal-mart. At our Wal-Mart they have it in the pharmacy and in the drink aisle. I have tried all three that I have seen and like them all.

Cool! I'm gonna have to pick some up...Thansk for the heads up!! CONGRATULATIONS on your date!!! Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your journey!!:)

Audree,

I agree with you. I am not spending a fortune to not lose weight and become healthy!!! Are you able to exercise normally yet? Does it hurt where the port is?

Christine

I am able to walk at a slow pace. I went to the gym last week and could walk on the treadmill slow. My port never hurt. I was a little sore for a few days.

Here's a list of January Bandsters. Let us know if we've missed anybody!

Txpeaches 1/02/07

1721Summ 1/02/07

Jenslapband 1/02/07

Irishamerican 1/02/07

Angy12314 (Jen) 1/03/07

Kellie Reachell (Kellie) 1/03/07

Skmsu (Susan) 1/03/07

Babygotback (Audree) 1/05/07

Fiyagirl (Sherry) 1/05/07

Susantunanoodle (Susan) 1/08/07

Eldonh 1/08/07

Honeylin 1/08/07

Tulip 1/8/07

Girlinnyc 1/08/07

SeattleEbeth 1/09/07

Moog24 (Michelle 1/09/07

PinkyBandito 1/09/07

Bhamguy31 1/09/07

Cdgmom (Amy) 1/09/07

Klo (Kathy) 1/10/07

Wph74 (Whitney) 1/10/07

Angelburch 1/10/07

Mindful (Paige) 1/10/07

Mikeomando -1/10/07

Roses733 (Rose) 1/11/07

Loridee (Lori) 1/11/07

Sheilamj1fan (Sheila) 1/11/07

Mommi-hammi (Lynn) 1/12/07

Rms78645 1/12/07

Inner_me (Chris) 1/12/07

Cjkerr (Carole) 1/12/07

InTheBreeze13 1/12/07

Saraincincy (Sara) 1/13/07

Lala 1/15/07

Happylady 1/15/07

Patsygrn 1/15/07

Andrea1973 1/15/07

Sula 1/15/07

Smilliegal 1/15/07

Peacej 1/15/07

Pinky12202 (Linda) 1/16/07

Marjon9 1/16/07

Sula (Shawn) 1/16/07

Reesh 1/16/07

Enterprise01 1/17/07

Revolution 1/17/07

Sunshine2 (Tonya) 1/18/07

Sunnysea 1/18/07

5jacks 1/18/07

Imsusie0929 1/18/07

Stephanee 1/18/07

Shellyfromohio (shelly) 1/18/07

Phlyinphebee (Rene’) 1/19/07

Nicknack34461 1/19/07

Shayne9927 (Shayne) 1/19/07

Lap 1/19/07

Cinward2001 (Cindy) 1/19/06***

Jun0610 (Maria) 1/22/07

Rsbell 1/22/07

Purposedriven4 1/22/07

Kilopitre 1/23/07

Shesha 1/25/07

Edieday (Edie) 1/25/07

Huberslave 1/25/07

Donnalynncrain 1/25/06***

Shues138 (Andrea) 1/26/07

Jeanettej505 1/26/07

Bandida 1/26/07

Stacyrh 1/29/07

Sherilynn 1/30/07

Texasbighair 1/30/07

Gig8 (gigi) 1/30/07

Rsbg1 (Ted) 1/31/07

TracyV 1/31/07

Callieanna 1/31/07

Sportsscribe 1/31/07

Your247realtor 1/31/07

1bunni4me 1/31/07

Lapbandhopeful 2/02/07

<st1:date month="]1/02/07</font"></st1:date>

please add me to list of january bandsters when you get the chance I was January 16, 2007

Thanks so much.

I found the K2O at wal-mart. At our Wal-Mart they have it in the pharmacy and in the drink aisle. I have tried all three lavers that I have seen and like them all.

Thank you for the info. I was at Wal-mart today. I will go back before my surgery next week. Looks like you go a few days after me! Good Luck and let me know how you are doing.

Christine

I was banded on Jan. 4.

Cricket (Sandy)

:clap2: Congratulations Sandy!!!! How are you feeeling?

Well, my week is finally here!!

I go to work tomorrow, then Tuesday morning fly out to Denver. I meet with the Dr. on Wednesday and have my surgery Thursday afternoon!

I have been very good on my preop diet and have lost almost 4 lbs! Yay me!

Unfortunately, I have a bit of a cold at the moment. I have been OD'ing on Zicam and Airborne hoping to be rid of it by wednesday!! It started last week on Tuesday, so I think I should be over it by then. I would hate to fly out to Denver only to be turned away!

Sending prayers and best wishes to those joining the land of bandsters: PruposeDriven4, Juno610 and RSBell. Please come back and let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it.

Audree, Oooh, I love to hear those NSVs. :clap2: Congrats! The only thing that I have noticed is my bra is getting a little loose. My hubby notices that my tummy is not as swollen.

<O:p</O:p

How many calories are in the Kellogg’s Protein Water? How many grams of protein? What is your favorite flavor?

I took up your advice and named my band too. Bandele – which means “given life”. That seems so appropriate for me, since my Bandele is going to restore my health, reduce my dependence on medications and will liberate me!

Shesha – Will be sending positive thoughts your take to care of that cold. Call the doctor to check before you go. I was told that as long as I was not running fever, and there was no congestion in my chest I would be okay to go.

PurposeDriven4 – I was told I could drive as soon as I quit taking the prescription pain medicine.

Sunshine2 – I hope you call your doctor if your blurry vision isn’t totally resolved by Monday. It might just be the meds, but better to be safe. Thanks for your work on the master list.

Lap – welcome to the losers side. I had all those same thoughts before surgery just like you. You have given good advice to those waiting and scared – do it anyway!

NickNack – That light- headed feeling is probably from not getting enough liquids. Try to take just a small sip every 15 minutes if you can. Hope you feel better real soon, if not call your doctor on Monday and let us know how you are doing.

MySpace – I am very new to my space, but have started a profile. I have tried to add friends from this thread at lapbandtalk. I have Audree and Olga’s page link but am still trying to find out how to get them added to my friends. Is there anyone else out there with a my space page? My page is http://www.myspace.com/joytowin

This has been so nice to catch up and read how everyone is doing. I’m improving each day.

Is anyone else on “soft foods” yet. What is your daily menu look like? For me I had oatmeal at Breakfast, Split pea Soup at lunch, and some Tomato Soup with a scrambled egg for dinner. Around 3 in the afternoon I had snack of lite yogurt with unflavored Unjury mixed in. I definitely got my 64 oz of fluids in today (but didn’t do as well yesterday). Took a 20 minute walk.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Terry