Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery Monday....can do about anything I want. Sat and had a drink (crystal light) with a friend and drank it normally 48 hours out. Protein will go down fairly easily, but nothing like Water. Doc has be taking my meds whole so there is some discomfort when the pills hit my sleeve, but nothing more than a semi-intense spasm. ....panic number one! Why does a girl 5 days out have to drink an oz of water in 3 sips and I can take it like a shot if whiskey? Does everyone fear their sleeve is too big and this was a waste of misery? Panic number 2 ....ran a fever in the hosp the entire time. Ran a fever at home but was told to call if it got above 101°. It did last night, I called, take two tylenol and call in the morning. All night ran a high fever all night. Tylenol would bring it to 100° but it would shoot back up to 103° when it wore off ....fell asleep finally and woke to a temp of 97.7° so when I called all was well! They weren't concerned. I still am! Temp of 103° isn't a fluke? Right?

Hi Mastiff Mama

I to had surgery on monday, I am having some issues, was in the hospital for one night and I think it should have been 2. anyways, I was on major pain meds as I had a hernia repair also, today I am still afraid to drink my costco Protein shakes so my husband went and got me some more clear Protein from the docs office. I am taking lora tap, or liquid vicodin, and pantoprazole for acid once a day. today I was feeling a little better but around noon was having major stomach pain so had some loratap and that solved it. I am trying real hard not to get dehydrated, not easy to drink constantly. I am hoping to off meds by this weekend and try yogurt and pudding, I have not vomited once since I have been home but having issues on the other end. Keep in touch. I need to lose 60 pounds. Mary

Did they give you possible reasoning for your temp? If they aren't concerned then they should be able to tell you why they have no concern. I would ask

How quickly and how much you can drink has to do with how much swelling you have inside, some people have less swelling then others, and therefore can drink easier. I am definitely surprised your dr is taking the fever thing so lightly, did you actually talk to your surgeon or someone else from their office, a high temp like 103 is not a fluke, I would definitely want to see the surgeon so they could check for problems. Good Luck.

low grade temps after surgery are usually related to being dehydrated and/or needing to cough/deep breath. I would push the surgeon for an appointment.

How quickly and how much you can drink has to do with how much swelling you have inside' date=' some people have less swelling then others, and therefore can drink easier. I am definitely surprised your dr is taking the fever thing so lightly, did you actually talk to your surgeon or someone else from their office, a high temp like 103 is not a fluke, I would definitely want to see the surgeon so they could check for problems. Good Luck.[/quote']

Was 101 last night when surgeon called. He said since I had no adverse symptoms to take tylenol and call in the morning. He, the surgeon doesn't know it got that high. The nurse, this morning gave the pat answer "walk and breath deep" I feel fantastic and only in bed at night to sleep and a short afternoon nap. I believe it's a uti. I have an issue with them and then had a catheter for 2 days. Hate to doc myself but we are in an ice storm and I take an antibiotic daily to prevent them. Mat take 2 a day until I see mu urologist

I have a ton if questions....bare with me ....I Fuentes weight after surgery buy day 4 all the swelling is down but the scale hasn't moved! Also, I am hungry!!!!!!! Starving even rumbles in the gut hungry