Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! Just thought I would check in. I was sleeved on 1/28/13. I haven't really had any recovery problems to speak of and am just toodling along.

I have been doing more reading than posting lately and am noticing lots of people upset over weight loss stalls. Am I the only person that will weigh myself only once a month? I haven't even gotten on a scale since surgery because I decided I would wait until my first post op appt which is next Tuesday. That will be nearly a month before I weigh in for the first time.

I refuse to be a slave to the scale. I have already been there done that for 20 yrs. I decided as long as I was following my doctors and NUTS orders that it would all work out in time. After my first weigh in next Tuesday I won't weigh myself for another month.

I personally feel like stepping on the scale too much will play with mentally and I don't want to be discouraged. Just thinking my thoughts out loud, but maybe some of you should stay off the scale and give your body a chance to catch up?

I weigh myself daily but I only count it on Thursdays. I expect stalls and mid week gains and I am ok with it. This is a marathon not s sprint but daily weighing is a good habit for me.

WELL DONE YOU AND YOUR RIGHT IM ON A PRE-OP DIET AND IM 4 WEEKS INTO A 8 WEEK DIET THE FIRST 2 WEEKS I WAS ON THE scale EVERY DAY BUT THESE LAST 2 WEEKS IL WAIT FOR THE DR AS OTHERWISE ID BE UPSET XXX

I weigh myself every day, give or take. I don't really care if the numbers go up or down, I just find it interesting how from one day to the next I can gain 3 pounds eating 800 calories a day. Frickin' body is /boggle...

I am the same way, I only use the scale at checkups.

I am (was) a fellow monthly weigher, too. After about 3 weeks post-op, and weighing myself daily, I read a post from a woman that went something like this:

WTH!!!

I weighed myself at lunch and I am 0.3 pounds heavier than this morning! Tonight, I weighed an additional 0.2 pounds! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! I KNEW I WOULD FAIL AT THIS!!!

I was like, "Woa, I don't want to be like that." I knew that I could easily be this was as I can tend to be obsessive about things. From then on I weighed only once a month and saw a loss every time. I never saw a stall and was never discouraged by my progress. As I tell lots of people here, the scale lies to you. It only measures weight loss, not fat loss, and that is what I was looking to lose.

Congrats on weighing once a month. It was the best decision for me.

I am a slave.. What can I say I weigh everyday!

I wish I could do once a month but that just wouldn't work for me. I am too nosy and always need to know what's going on. I also take my presents out from underneath the Christmas tree and shake them, poke them etc. to figure out what they are!! :P

I am a slave.. What can I say I weigh everyday!

I wish I could do once a month but that just wouldn't work for me. I am too nosy and always need to know what's going on. I also take my presents out from underneath the Christmas tree and shake them' date=' poke them etc. to figure out what they are!! :P[/quote']

LOL! Your post cracked me up. I have just been a slave to the scale for SOOO long that I don't want to do it anymore. :-)