Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Bookworms out there??

MissyC

I love to read to, I just finished Black and Blue by ??? It was an oprah book, it way pretty good. I just started The Memory Keeper's Daughter, so far so good. Just prior to that I read Running with Scissors, it was interesting and easy read. Also read Beloved, it was great. My very favorite book of all time is "the Good Earth" by Pearl Buck. I love it!

Kristin

Ha Ha Missy I am always on the computer when I should be reading. I guess when I grow up and the kids are gone, I will have time to read. I really miss reading in a nice warm bathtub...........aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Kristi

Kristi, I love reading in the tub. Nice private time.

I love romance books (who doesn't) but can't stand Sci-fi.

Currently, I'm in my mystery/ Detective phase. I'm even going to force that unit on my 6th graders.

Who do I love?

Janet Evanovich: Stephanie Plum is my idol. I wish I could get away with half of what she does. I also love all of the "Full" series (Full House, Full Scoop, etc)

JD Robb: I know it is Nora Roberts, who I really avoid except when she is writing "In Death" I guess I'm a snob, but when I buy a Harliquin, I hide it so no one sees it :)

Sue Grafton: the letter series: I find the main character (brain fart on her name, it has been a while since I've read one) to be quite similar to Stephanie Plum.

Our book club just did a author study on Lisa Scottoline. I read Running from the Law and traded for Killer Smile. Strong female leads, I don't think as good as Grafton or Evanovich.

I just read my first Kathy Riechs' book. Monday Moarning. This is the series that the TV show BONES is based on. The writing is excellent, but it gets a little too technical for my understanding. She goes into a little too much detail about Carbon 14 dating and other things I didn't understand.

I love Mary Jane Clark and have read some of her daughter stuff.

My son has all the Wheels of time series and really enjoys that, but I haven't been able to get into it.

I'm like others, lately I've been spending too much time on here and working out to really get to read enough of my books.

If anyone has any recommendations of good detective novels for 6th graders, I'm trying to come up with a nice list to give to my student, who tend to confuse detective/mystery with chills like RL Stine.

Ha..... I love Stephanie Plum! She is my idol too. I am firmly in the Morelli fan corner too. :cheer2:

I have read all of Kathy Reichs books. I like Temp Brennen. The series is NOTHING like the books tho...it has strayed from all the characters and storylines in the books except Temperance. I was dissapointed in that. But if you watch the series as separate and don't look for comparsons to the books (like I keep doing....sigh), the tv series is pretty gone.

And...David Boreanz is nice eye candy!!!!

Yesterdays book.....Drop Dead Gorgeous by Linda Howard. (#2 Blair Mallory book). :thumbs_up: :)

Todays book...Touched by Darkness...by Catherine Spangler. :scared:

:) me....bookaholic and member of the "save the vowels" club.

Ha..... I love Stephanie Plum! She is my idol too. I am firmly in the Morelli fan corner too. :cheer2:

quote]

I love the Stephanie Plum series too, but I have to say that I am a Rangeroholic.:faint: ...oh my....I wonder if there really is a bath wash for men named bulgari?

out of my mind right now, please leave a message...cat

Have all of you Evanovich fans seen that she has a new Plum novel out? It is called Plum Lovin'. It says it is a Stephanie Plum Between- The- Numbers Novel. I bought it, but DD read it first, I will likely get to it tonight, or tomorrow! I bought my copy at Walmart.< /strong>

I just thought I would mention it since most of us are waiting for #13!

Kat

Hey girls--I am also a Janet Evonovich super-fan!! love, love, love the Stephanie Plum series. I am also reading Plum Lovin right now. I have read every book she has published! Don't you think the Plum series would make an excellent movie(or movies)? I for one, think The Rock would make a perfect Ranger!!!! Oh baby! And I could totally see Sandra Bullock or Debra Messing playing Stefanie--what do you guys think??

At one time on the Janet Evanovich website, they had a poll going as to who would play who in a TV movie. Not that there was one already in the works, but if they did. When I was there...which was a couple of years ago, Sandra Bullock was in the lead, and of course Grandma Mazur was Estelle Getty. I might go look if the website still has it.

Kat

Ugh, I didn't know there was a new Plum book, now I have to go out and get it. I'm a Morrelli fan myself, Maybe Matthew McConahay?

Sandra Bullock for Stephanie, without a doubt!

I agree, Missy, you have to read the Reichs' books without thinking of the series, they are that much different. David Boreanz is HOT! Ha, and I'm 41?

Kat--you are right--Estelle Getty is the perfect Grandma Mazur! I had seen the poll on the website too, but that was several months ago, so I'm not sure if it is still there or not. I sure wish they would make a movie, though--better yet, a t.v. series!! And Jane--I'm not sure about Matthew McConahay as Morrelli--I think someone more Italian looking, maybe, but MAtthew is definately a hottie!

I think Mark Walberg would be great as Morelli. He's a hunk, he got the attitude and he's got that great Boston accent that could probably work as a Jersey one in movie land.

todays book: Kissing Sin by Keri Arthur :confused:

I sometimes have to LIMIT my reading, because once I start a book, I am useless for anything else until the book is done!

I am a big James Patterson fan, I have read all his books, and am even on the list at Barnes & Noble so that they send me his new ones on the release date.

I have just finished reading "The Boleyn Inheritance", and I enjoyed it so much that I ran out and bought Phillippa Gregory's other books in the same series.

My LapBand surgery is today at 10 AM (YEAH!!) and I have several books waiting on my bedside table for my week off work this week, including Lisa Gardner's "Gone", and "Naked Came The Stranger", which is a semi-famous book from 1969 that was written as a joke by about 10 different people who were trying to understand the popularity of "Fear of Flying." Should be interesting!

Additionally, I love Anne Rice, and I just recently finished "Chris the Lord", which was better than I expected!

Charlotte,

I just finished Gone, and thought it was great. In 24 hours I finished Julie Garwood's Slow Burn. I didn't want to put this one down. Had to force myself to go to sleep so I could wake up in the morning and read more. I'm with you, once I get going, I could read until I have cobwebs draped from my withered body. :D

Love Janet Evanovich. Also Katie MacAllistair's Aislean Grey series. And anything by Sara Gruen, Tony Hillerman, Dick Francis, Jennifer Cruisie.

Oddly enough, I first read Janet Evanovich when I had to evaluate it as a movie prospect for my boss. I fell in love with the series. That was years ago. I can't believe it hasn't been made yet.

Loved "gone" by Lisa Gardener. Read it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't put it down.

Sophrosyne...I am a fan of Katie McAlllisters books too. I love the Asling Grey books.

Yesterdays book...."Born In Death" by JD Robb. Loved it, couldn't put it down...read it pretty fast.

Todays book... Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs.